Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-22-2009   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Your Texan Man Cave

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was able to get a room all for himself at the house he pays for. You know, a man cave? Is it a Texan Man cave? You know, TV, refrigeration, couches, pictures and collectibles of our beloved team?

If so, post those pics here.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #2
whiskeyrbl

Default Re: Your Texan Man Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was able to get a room all for himself at the house he pays for. You know, a man cave? Is it a Texan Man cave? You know, TV, refrigeration, couches, pictures and collectibles of our beloved team?

If so, post those pics here.
I just remodeled my son's( moved out, going into Navy) old bedroom into a sports memoriabilia room. Changed out the carpet for a Laminate wood floating floor, and ahve several collectables, quite a few Texan things such as a regulation helmet signed by most of 2007 squad, 3 team signed footballs 2006,2007,2008. Also footballs individually signed by Mario, Demeco, Amobi, Matt Schaub, Jerseys signed by Mario, and Andre Johnson and an 8x10 signed by Dunta. We also have obtained an autographed authentic superbowl jersey signed by our nemisis Peyton Manning and a football signed by all 3 Mannings( Peyton, Archie and Eli) 8x10's signed by, D. Hester, E. James, Jerry Rice, Hakeem Olajuwon, Oswalt, and Berkman. Also have an E. Campbell autographed authentic Oiler jersey. Mini Helmets signed by Troy Polamalu, Willie Parker, Chad Johnson, and Kevan Barlow. Like I said I am just getting started but it is a nice little retreat. I will get my pics put up here as soon as I get the room filled in a lil more.
Old 01-22-2009   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Mine is my garage... Every Craftsman tool just about created, beer fridge, my Harley and a stereo...The wife never comes out there unless she doesn't hear from me in over an hour.... I guess she wants to make sure I haven't killed myself...As for a room, no way I would want a room like in my house, plus the Mrs. wouldn't have it if I did..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Mine is my garage... Every Craftsman tool just about created, beer fridge, my Harley and a stereo...The wife never comes out there unless she doesn't hear from me in over an hour.... I guess she wants to make sure I haven't killed myself...As for a room, no way I would want a room like in my house, plus the Mrs. wouldn't have it if I did..
I hear ya. I got the Garage all to myself, wifey wouldn't let me have a room. I got stuff for my band, small garage items like tool chest and carwash stuff (have luxury of a tool shed in backyard), my shoeshine stands and my Texans stuff (autographed helmets, newspaper clippings of us beating Dallas, and basically anything Texan).
Old 01-22-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Mine is my garage...
I figured it was your closet....
Old 01-22-2009   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The garage of course is mine but in the house we have a loft kind of TV room and I get "primary decorating rights" in there. It's not all Texans because I'm not "all Texans" and have other interests so lots of that stuff is in there too. Plus my wife isn't entirely excluded from there so it does have some of her stuff in it.

I also have a "computer room" that's 99% me but again, just as with the TV room she's got a spot in there. My wife and I are both in I.T. so we both spend a lot of time in the computer room.
Old 01-22-2009   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The garage is mine, but that's mainly for tools, stained glass, my train table, and projects.

My main cave is our converted dining room that I use for a recording studio. I've got some Texans stuff in there, but it has to fight for room with all my guitar gear and music stuff.

My son wants all my Texans memorabilia for his room. He wants a camo paint job with Texans decor. Sounds good to me.
Old 01-22-2009   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Your Texan Man Cave

That's our #1 bar to finding a place to buy. We can only afford a townhome (we're not ready for the burbs). And very few have 'game rooms' (instead they cram 3 small crappy bedrooms onto a floor).

I want a room:
-for PS3
-for my 100's of pint glasses and shot glasses
-build a bar
-kegorator (for 1/8 barrels of special beer)
-to display all my OSU and Texans toy, autographs, etc.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The garage is mine, but that's mainly for tools, stained glass, my train table, and projects.

My main cave is our converted dining room that I use for a recording studio. I've got some Texans stuff in there, but it has to fight for room with all my guitar gear and music stuff.

My son wants all my Texans memorabilia for his room. He wants a camo paint job with Texans decor. Sounds good to me.
DB, you charge for studio time?
Old 01-22-2009   #10
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
DB, you charge for studio time?
Be careful.. he'll talk you into coming by to see the studio, then when you get there, he will ask you if you'd like to pose for a few mug shots... RUN, as it will be too late if you do not !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009   #11
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

My avatar is one of 5 neon lights hanging in OUR sports room, it's kind of like a landing at the top of our stairs. 2 quarter slot machines, video poker machine, computer and a more memorabillia than I have room for, TV with a balcony that leads down to the pool out side!!!
Old 01-22-2009   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflnutswife View Post
My avatar is one of 5 neon lights hanging in OUR sports room, it's kind of like a landing at the top of our stairs. 2 quarter slot machines, video poker machine, computer and a more memorabillia than I have room for, TV with a balcony that leads down to the pool out side!!!
Wow! Now you need to change your name to Money Bags. Ha Ha Ha!! If you ever get tired of any of those lights let me know.

If you can post pictures of the room.
Old 01-22-2009   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
That's our #1 bar to finding a place to buy. We can only afford a townhome (we're not ready for the burbs). And very few have 'game rooms' (instead they cram 3 small crappy bedrooms onto a floor).

I want a room:
-for PS3
-for my 100's of pint glasses and shot glasses
-build a bar
-kegorator (for 1/8 barrels of special beer)
-to display all my OSU and Texans toy, autographs, etc.
Dont do it, do not move to the burbs its not worth it!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

No photos?
Old 01-23-2009   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I have a Texans room/man cave. Painted in the official team color "steel blue". Houses all of my jerseys, photo's, signed and autographed items, etc...

Its pretty cool for now, or at least until we have kids. Then it goes bye-bye.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I have a Texans room/man cave. Painted in the official team color "steel blue". Houses all of my jerseys, photo's, signed and autographed items, etc...

Its pretty cool for now, or at least until we have kids. Then it goes bye-bye.
Eh...just hope for a son. Worse case scenario you paint the room red for a girl and just leave the items in there by the crib.
Old 01-23-2009   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Moving in the next two or three years and the new (hopefully final) house will include personal space for me. Kinda marking this to get some ideas.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Moving in the next two or three years and the new (hopefully final) house will include personal space for me. Kinda marking this to get some ideas.
Cool. That's why I made the thread. So I can get some ideas but noone wants to share pics.
Old 01-23-2009   #19
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

No man-cave here! Only men in my life is my son and my grandson (all the rest of us are girls) so I can pretty much do what I want.

My garage has MY tools, and Texans stuff on the walls and my study has other sports stuff hanging up from the Texans to the Astros to the RedSox (I am a transplanted Yankee), Celtics and the Ice Bats and other USA/Texas type of stuff.

My house is not big enough to have a separte room and although I keep kicking my kids out - they keep coming back.
Old 01-23-2009   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
My house is not big enough to have a separte room and although I keep kicking my kids out - they keep coming back.
Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read