Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-18-2009   #1
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Battle of the Birds--Eagles v. Cardinals

Well...the penultimate game day of the season is here, and whilst they're not the glamour matchups the television companies would have wanted, they're intriguing in their own ways.

The Eagles - Cards game should be entertaining, can see it being quite high scoring, and looks like the major injuries have been shaken off for the game (as you would have imagined they would have!).

The Ravens - Steelers should be a lot lower scoring, but will be exciting to watch given their rivalry, and I think there will be some impressive defensive showings, and could well come down to who can establish their ground offense the best.

Last edited by mattieuk; 01-18-2009 at 02:15 PM.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFC and AFC Championship Games Gameday Thread

Why not seperate each game into it's own thread?

I am looking forward to both games. I hope it's in the cards for the Cards. I really don't care who wins the Baltimore/Pitt game, I guess I don't want the Steelers to get another trophy. I don't think Baltimore has enough left in the tank to be the Steelers though, on the road at that.
Old 01-18-2009   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably since it's two threads combined rather than four.

Anyway, Boldin is active.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NFC and AFC Championship Games Gameday Thread

Holy Hell Fitzgerald, what a stud (TD AZ).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

my god, zero pressure on Warner at all there, perfect drive
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Why not seperate each game into it's own thread?

I am looking forward to both games. I hope it's in the cards for the Cards. I really don't care who wins the Baltimore/Pitt game, I guess I don't want the Steelers to get another trophy. I don't think Baltimore has enough left in the tank to be the Steelers though, on the road at that.
Fine, if one of the mods can change the thread title, an AFC tread can be made later. Just didn't forsee much action on here during the games, so thought one thread would sf
uffice.

What an easy drive for the Cards...even the run was picking up the easy 1st downs, really poor start from Philly.

Still...terrible kickoff from the Cards...the last thing you need after a statement starting drive is to give them a 40 yard start.

Last edited by mattieuk; 01-18-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-18-2009   #7
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

Pittsburgh Vs. Philly. All PA SuperBowl. Been waiting for this game all my life!
Old 01-18-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Cards! I really don't want the Eagles to make it. Not really a fan
Old 01-18-2009   #9
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Would be interesting to see the Cards high powered O, against the Steelers unreal 3-4 D. Can you say something to watch?
Old 01-18-2009   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see McNabb vomit again .... I hate the Eagles.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'm with you here, I don't want Philly giong crazy again, like after the World Series win, alongside that I like watching Larry Fitzgerald play football, Kurt Warner taking them all the way only puts Leinart further away from starting in the NFL and the sea of red reminding me of our brilliant battle red days.

So, for those incredible obscure reasons, go Cards!

Been fun to watch so far....the Philly defense need to stop the short passes to Fitzgerald and the Card receivers, otherwise it's going to be a day of WR's busting out good runs after the catch, as it has been for a lot of the year for Arizona.
Old 01-18-2009   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NFC and AFC Championship Games Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Holy Hell Fitzgerald, what a stud (TD AZ).
...........and again.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

best receiver in the game
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Battle of the Birds--Eagles v. Cardinals

Awesome. He has made great plays at all levels.
Old 01-18-2009   #15
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Wow....talk about biting on a trick play! Jeez....Fitzgerald was pretty much uncontested in that catch, after a pretty blatant set up. They had to be at Warner quicker, he has far too much time to make the throw.
Old 01-18-2009   #16
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

....either he's that's difficult to cover(which is a possibiliy) or teams can't figure out they need to double cover Larry Fitzgerald.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #17
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
....either he's that's difficult to cover(which is a possibiliy) or teams can't figure out they need to double cover Larry Fitzgerald.
I think part of the problem is that he is neither a deep threat receiver, nor is he a short completion catch and run receiver, he is both, and does both very, very well. In that regard I think the problem of double covering him, although that TD play was a one on one play throughout. I can't believe that teams are still underestimating his talent, and the threat he poses, so there must be a reason other than ignorance as for the catches he is making.
Old 01-18-2009   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Does anyone really think that McNabb is an accurate passer? I've heard arguments that he is, and people cite his completion percentages, but every time I've watched him, this is exactly what I've seen. He misses throws, even when he completes them.
Old 01-18-2009   #19
pittbull3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
best receiver in the game
No doubt about. The best I've ever seen on the College level. Live for 3 years, then the best in the NFL. Sorry AJ, but #1B ain't that bad.
Old 01-18-2009   #20
pittbull3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Does anyone really think that McNabb is an accurate passer? I've heard arguments that he is, and people cite his completion percentages, but every time I've watched him, this is exactly what I've seen. He misses throws, even when he completes them.
He can be, but today he looks a bit off. But, that's what WR's get paid to do. If they were 100% accurate all the time, we would be out there....thisbig:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read