Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-18-2009   #41
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to raise ticket prices....again

Yellow Parking has gone up 80% in the last two years. Nuff Said.

Also, The Texans raised the parking passes three dollars so they can raise them another two next year. They aren't gonna keep them at an odd number of course. And by odd, I mean that it doesn't end in a five or a zero. Next year, I guarantee that Yellow will be $20, Blue $30 and Red $40..

Last edited by stingray; 01-18-2009 at 04:07 PM.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #42
BobbleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 BobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVP

Guess since I have 3 tickets and 2 parking passes (Yellow Lot) I will have to suck it up and not spend that extra $150.00 it's going to cost me to have season tickets. Let's see, thats $15.00 a game for 10 games, drink 3 less beers and that covers it. Think I can give up 3 beers for the pleasure of watch NFL football in person. Yeah they haven't been the greatest, but they are coming on. I will sacrifice elsewhere for a 3% increase. Remember when we didn't have the NFL??????????? How much fun was that...............
Go Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BobbleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #43
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

2009 Texan PSL Fan Preview

Quote:
One word, suckage.
Old 01-18-2009   #44
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Total price increase for my two seats & parking: $43
The value of tailgating in the lots before the game: $43,000,000,000.......

Buy one less beer ($7.75) or one less soda ($4) per game & you're covered. Stay out in the parking lot and have that one beer/soda out there and that will pay for your ticket increase.

I shudder to think what our prices would be if Bud Adams or Jerry Jones owned our Texans......
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Any price increase sucks. But at the end of the day, the Texans ticket prices will be "middle of the road". I'll pay it. I'll be there. And Mr. McNair, thanks again for bringing football back to our city.. Just be fair, and competitive when it comes to cost. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2009   #46
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
What she said, and rif raf are those who say a man who sells his business to put NFL back in houston Sucks. We have the organization with top notch Class and we complain that we had an increase of 3 %. I consider that a cost of living increase and I accept and will pay. No crying, bitching complaining in me. But I do know the bulk of this board and how clueless they really are when making important decisions.

So all you rif raf, (you decide who you are) get up against the wall

It is real simple, Pay the Piper or hear no music. And I hope the year yall bail we win the big one.

Anytime you say that the Owner of My Team sucks you will hear from me.
All I see against the wall is some dude with a goofy big hat (you decide who that is).
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #47
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

All I see is a dog who won't stop barking, I think I will call the pound
Old 01-19-2009   #48
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All I see is a dog who won't stop barking, I think I will call the pound

I guess when you can't use words insults are all you have left. That was below the belt Joe.
Old 01-19-2009   #49
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah...can't be dissin' females like that.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #50
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
In truth, it's a different experience all together. I'm not saying the price of the beer is worth it or anything like that. & I'm not saying that I agree with the price hike.

But it sure would be nice to have you up in the stands next to me, than them visiting fans.

I'm just say'n
I'm just saying that if I lived anywhere close, I would be in the stands right next to you buying the beer!
My only avenue to the Texans is through Dirctv.
Old 01-19-2009   #51
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

All I can do is just shake my head and ask myself WTF is going on here !! People insulting others over an opinion, and vice versa... You have your opinion and are entiteld to it !! But once we start slamming one another here, I would prefer ya'll take it elsewhere. But since this is an open forum, you can have at it right here....

Man, is there something in the air ??
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #52
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no beef with anybody except those that say Bob Sucks. And Filo Girl knows me personally so you ace kissers back off we can have our Dog and Bull show if we want. I look at it as Therapy. and man do I need therapy.
Old 01-19-2009   #53
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have no beef with anybody except those that say Bob Sucks. And Filo Girl knows me personally so you ace kissers back off we can have our Dog and Bull show if we want. I look at it as Therapy. and man do I need therapy.
Careful about the therapy. She just may send you some balloons.
Old 01-19-2009   #54
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe your President will come and lend you some money to pay for your tickets, Where I come from we do not buy what we cannot afford. And saying a man sucks is just plain rude, as he did pony up and bring the NFL back to Houston. Yall go ahead an keep up your crying, Maybe we can raise the prices enough to clear the rif raf from the ranks.
I have never seen a bunch of Bozo's go so crazy over a few dollars.
We need to find Joe's financial breaking point and get busy on this plan.
Old 01-19-2009   #55
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
All I can do is just shake my head and ask myself WTF is going on here !! People insulting others over an opinion, and vice versa... You have your opinion and are entiteld to it !! But once we start slamming one another here, I would prefer ya'll take it elsewhere. But since this is an open forum, you can have at it right here....

Man, is there something in the air ??
Seriously. Chill people...
Old 01-24-2009   #56
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Picking my battle...not this one.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read