Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-18-2009   #21
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to raise ticket prices....again

McNair, you suck. Hopefully, they will spell out the extra value due to the price increase, but will not hold my breath. Throwing 12-4 in my face for the last two years is an insult, we are 16-16.

A vendor just lost a unit (beer) and a server just lost a tip.
Old 01-18-2009   #22
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be a little annoyed about raising prices due to the performance of the team. When the Texans have never had one winning season there isn't really a logical reason to raise prices from a fan's perspective.

The thing that bugs me is that Bob McNair and the Texans organization raises prices during a crap economy. Makes no sense whatsoever.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #23
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it sucks the most for those with PSL's. When you bought those...you AGREED to purchase tickets forever(or until you sell your PSL).

I don't have to worry about that as I am in the non-psl nose bleed section. Not sure my tickets went up, but parking did.

Oh well...I'll pay it. It doesn't mean I'll like it.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #24
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I'd be a little annoyed about raising prices due to the performance of the team. When the Texans have never had one winning season there isn't really a logical reason to raise prices from a fan's perspective.

The thing that bugs me is that Bob McNair and the Texans organization raises prices during a crap economy. Makes no sense whatsoever.
Supply and Demand doesn't make sense to you? We've sold out every home game in the team's history.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #25
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
McNair, you suck. Hopefully, they will spell out the extra value due to the price increase, but will not hold my breath. Throwing 12-4 in my face for the last two years is an insult, we are 16-16.

A vendor just lost a unit (beer) and a server just lost a tip.
Telling a man who coughed up a billion to bring football back to Houston that he Sucks is Treason, Just cause you gotta pay a little more to see his team. Go run off to Cowgirl land and then you'll come back crying.
Old 01-18-2009   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Supply and Demand doesn't make sense to you? We've sold out every home game in the team's history.
Now you know, even though we've "sold out" every home game, sometimes that seat next to you is empty. There are always empty seats all over the sold out stadium. Because some people support their team with their money, but they've got better things to do, than watch the product McNair has put out there.

I'm not one of those guys. I paid for mine, I'm going to be there.

But the point is, the economy is in the toilet, if you haven't felt it yet where you work, hold on, it's coming. It would have been good form, if they had not touched prices this year.

I mean, I had my stimulas check appropriated to a new bed for my 11 year old.... now, she'll just have to sleep on the floor for another year.
Old 01-18-2009   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Telling a man who coughed up a billion to bring football back to Houston that he Sucks is Treason, Just cause you gotta pay a little more to see his team. Go run off to Cowgirl land and then you'll come back crying.
Kaiser LIVES in "Cowgirl" land. Why? Because McNair hasn't lifted a finger to promote the Texans here in Austin. The result is we live in "Cowgirl" land where we can't get a game and have to pay extra one way of another just for the luxury of seeing the game on TV let alone in person.

JT, hang out in Austin for a while and go to bat countless times for the Texans when the Texans won't fight for us (or even help our argument on the field) and then post that sanctimonious crap. Kaiser can take it up with you himself, but I'm telling you I can understand where that post came from and we are just as Houston Texan as you.
Old 01-18-2009   #28
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nah. Fans can criticize the owner. In this case, McNair sucks
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #29
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did not say I would not pay, just said he sucks. Businesses manage and measure their business WoW, MoM, QoQ and YoY, and take customer feedback. He understands that some years he is down and some years he is up. For this shareholder I see his tactics as not warranted given the current economic landscape, the team's performance, and the few indicators that we have eyes to on the business as a whole. Once again, provide us some insight on why the change when other teams are not changing. Surely they are adding some extra value somewhere and it is not just a profit grab.

Keeping one's mouth shut is as ignorant as a price hike with no justification other than the team is 12-4 at home the last two years.
Old 01-18-2009   #30
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let's shoot straight though...

Bob coughed up a bunch of 000,000,000s to make money off of an NFL team.

He didn't pay our way into a show. He brought the show to town and his investment has paid off well.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #31
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Keeping one's mouth shut is as ignorant as a price hike with no justification other than the team is 12-4 at home the last two years.
Several teams came out early and said no price increase. Even if McNair can get away with it, I think this is a bad idea and poor marketing.

That said, the home record the last two years sure has been nice. Only walking away from Reliant 4 times in two years after a loss (and that really could have been just 2 times) has been a good game day experience.
Old 01-18-2009   #32
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: Texans to raise ticket prices....again

Quote:
What?!?
My section just got the second biggest increase, and we all felt it on the parking. We went .500...again?? THIS really sucks!
If the Great Plastic One wants to charge big moolah to sell his PSLs...let him. They do not have to be paid for, unless the girls fans want to pay him.
As far as Bob, until he pays the bills that pile on my desk on this household's salary or leaves our pricing alone...he sucks!

Gotta go check my poll...
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #33
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe your President will come and lend you some money to pay for your tickets, Where I come from we do not buy what we cannot afford. And saying a man sucks is just plain rude, as he did pony up and bring the NFL back to Houston. Yall go ahead an keep up your crying, Maybe we can raise the prices enough to clear the rif raf from the ranks.
I have never seen a bunch of Bozo's go so crazy over a few dollars.
Old 01-18-2009   #34
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe your President will come and lend you some money to pay for your tickets, Where I come from we do not buy what we cannot afford. And saying a man sucks is just plain rude, as he did pony up and bring the NFL back to Houston. Yall go ahead an keep up your crying, Maybe we can raise the prices enough to clear the rif raf from the ranks.
1. I didn't vote for the impending president, sorry.
2. Do you not pay for your tickets??

I could really rip on this but don't want to be banned today, so have to pick my battles I guess (like with the kids)...so continue your blathering.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #35
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Calling an action of someone and saying he sucks is rude butt calling other fans rif raf is not? Joe your wrong on this one. KT is not saying McNair sucks as a whole but this action sucks.

Schriever, John Vice President, Ticket Operations
Vidalin, John Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Watson, Greg Vice President, Finance

Add them to the list of people who are sucking at their jobs. Especially the asswipe in bold.
Old 01-18-2009   #36
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A few dollars can make a whole bunch of difference when you live on a basically, fixed income, the stock market tanks and/or you lose your job. This few dollars is due pretty much upfront - within 3 months, I think - and that is, also, a hardship for many when the economy is in the toilet. I'm not arguing - just saying.

By draft day the price increase will be forgotten and we will all be counting the days until the season starts where we will all be tailgating and cheering our team in person. Until then, we can pencil in 'whining' on our calendars for a few days. Not much else to do in the off season anyway.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #37
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe we can raise the prices enough to clear the rif raf from the ranks.
We need more riff-raff in the stadium, they make the best fans.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #38
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
"The Texans are increasing ticket prices by 3.7 percent next season, meaning the average price will be $67.37 a ticket compared to $64.94 last season when they finished with their second consecutive 8-8 record."

"The Texans are not increasing the price of 5,500 of their least expensive seats."

"The average ticket price in the NFL last season was $72.20. Even though the Texans are one of the league’s high-revenue teams, their average ticket price will rank in the bottom half of the NFL."

I can understand why some of you guys are upset. But in business terms, the Texans FO is being very reasonable with their fans on the ticket prices. Most high-revenue sports teams, like the Girls, Yanks, Sox, Lakers, Knicks, etc., price their tickets through the f&%$ing roof! Yeah, most high-revenue teams that price their tickets sky-high are usually successful organizations. But from a business standpoint, the Texans are very fair to us as far as ticket prices go.
The Cowboys tickets are more expensive this upcoming year due to the cost of the new stadium. IMO, the Yanks, Sox, Lakers, Knicks prices are expensive because the cost of everything else in that area is significantly more expensive than it would be in Houston or other southern areas.

As far as JT's suggestion of excluding the "riff raff," I would suggest to rethink that suggestion. There are a lot of Texans fans in the viewing area that would be forced to purchase the Direct Ticket or experience a black-out of all of the home games. That wouldn't be a good thing.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #39
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe fans have the right to vent. Without us there would be no football in Houston, period! Essentially, that's what this thread is all about, our right to vent. Like anything else we want these days, we either suck it up and pay the outragous prices, or we don't. Ticket prices are certainly not the only thing that has gone up these days and the product has either remained the same or is inferior. Real simple, we either pay it or we don't.

Football is my main entertainment package for the year. I sacrifice other things so I can pay for my tickets and attend the games between Aug and Dec. Am I sorry? NEVER! Winning season or not, I have had great times at the games, enjoyed every last one of them, except one, and will continue to sacrifice so I can go to every home game in the future. I am not a Texan fan only when they win, I am a Texan fan for life. Its simply a choice I made seven years ago and I will suck it up and do whatever I need to do to pay for my tickets.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #40
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

What she said, and rif raf are those who say a man who sells his business to put NFL back in houston Sucks. We have the organization with top notch Class and we complain that we had an increase of 3 %. I consider that a cost of living increase and I accept and will pay. No crying, bitching complaining in me. But I do know the bulk of this board and how clueless they really are when making important decisions.

So all you rif raf, (you decide who you are) get up against the wall

It is real simple, Pay the Piper or hear no music. And I hope the year yall bail we win the big one.

Anytime you say that the Owner of My Team sucks you will hear from me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read