Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 01-16-2009   #1
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r
Default Austin, we have a football team! (again)

http://www.austinturfcats.com/
Just heard about this on the radio on the way to work this morning! It appears that houston has a team as well. (can't find much info on the Houston team yet) http://www.southernifl.com/
It could be an opportunity for y'all to load up and come to Austin, instead of the other way around!
kick off is in April, they are having tryouts in Hutto on the 24th and my favorite part is, the most expensive season tix is $250.00 for 4 seats with T-shirts!!!

GO Turfcats!!!
Old 01-16-2009   #2
stevn8r
Zombie

Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin, we have a football team! (again)

found it for y'all!!! http://www.texaspiratesfootball.com/

I forgot

AAAAARRRRRRR!!

Last edited by stevn8r; 01-16-2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: aaaarrrrr
stevn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What does anything Cats have to do with Austin? Love the logo though. I hope they sell jerseys. If they would sell jerseys it would've been easier to promote the football team. Fans don't just want a shirt and a few pom poms like they did with the Wranglers. I hope this one sticks. The Wranglers were a flop man.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #4
stevn8r
Zombie

Did not get to go to the Wranglers much, my twins were too young. But they are 4 now and like to watch football with daddy and its a pretty family friendly, so I invision some lil' T-cat cheerleaders coming soon!
Old 01-16-2009   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Did not get to go to the Wranglers much, my twins were too young. But they are 4 now and like to watch football with daddy and its a pretty family friendly, so I invision some lil' T-cat cheerleaders coming soon!
It is very family friendly. I forget his name but I do remember a certain WR in the 06 season that played with The Wranglers and actually made The Texans roster. I forget his name though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

What type of football league is this?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #7
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4282 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
What type of football league is this?
Southern Indoor Football League.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2009   #8
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder where they will play?

The first year with the Katy Copperheads was a blast. I had front row seats at midfield. We'd tailgate and the players would come out after the games and hang out. That was the NIFL who couldn't manage themselves.

Then they moved to the Berry Center and were taken over by some peckerhead from Austin and into the AF2. It was the same guy who owned the AFL team in Ausitn. We got harassed hard for tailgating and EVERYONE there were a-holes. The Barney Fife constable in the Snakepen really sticks out. There were sheety ushers too. Just complete opposite of the year before. I laughed hard when they asked me to renew.

Maybe these guys will have a clue.

Maybe not...they say they want a team in Pasadena. Their arena (unless they got a new one) is too small for most leagues.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will have to check out a game in Austin.
Old 01-16-2009   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

$50 bonus for a win!
Players will, however, get a $50 bonus for a win. The team will hold several tryouts, and Duliban said the level of play should be similar to that of af2.
Game tickets will range from $5 to $25, with buyers getting a substantial discount on season tickets. Oswalt said 400 season tickets have already been sold, so maybe Austin will get behind the armadillo gold and the recycling green — the colors of the town's latest indoor football team.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/cont...6turfcats.html
GO CATS!
Old 01-16-2009   #11
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Southern Indoor Football League.
So it's like Arena League Football?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #12
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
So it's like Arena League Football?
Yes it is !
Old 01-16-2009   #13
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover

I think I will hold a press conference next week to announce my elegibility as an unrestricted free agent for this league.

At that press conference, I will direct any interested teams to contact my agent to begin negotiating a multi-year contract with no less than $10 million signing bonus and $30 million in guaranteed money.

Bidding will be fierce for my services as a "signature player" in the league.

Some vital stats:

5'10", 165, 37 Years old
Bench press 150 pounds, runs a 6:30 40', 16" vertical.
Undrafted free agent, Arizona State University class of 95. Redshirt freshman, sophmore, junior, and senior.

I am an obvious choice for Defensive End with my explosive speed, and unending endurance. Low mileage.
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #14
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
$50 bonus for a win!
Players will, however, get a $50 bonus for a win. The team will hold several tryouts, and Duliban said the level of play should be similar to that of af2.
Game tickets will range from $5 to $25, with buyers getting a substantial discount on season tickets. Oswalt said 400 season tickets have already been sold.....

GO CATS!
Ron Oswalt still owes me $40.

Doc and Carrie are gonna love this...lol
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #15
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Pasadena is getting a team also, cool.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #16
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
$50 bonus for a win!
Game tickets will range from $5 to $25, with buyers getting a substantial discount on season tickets. Oswalt said 400 season tickets have already been sold, so maybe Austin will get behind the armadillo gold and the recycling green — the colors of the town's latest indoor football team.

GO CATS!
Oswalt? O M G...

I saw the Wranglers in '06 in Austin...the owner was the same as the Copperheads. We tailgated (of course).
The original Katy Copperheads were awesome.

With the demise of the Drillers, the Wranglers, the Rump Riders (whatever moved to Katy when the Copperheads moved out) and hopefully the Cy-Fair Copperheads...can we just let anything AEIOU/FL die?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #17
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be a little hesitant to get season tix or do anything drastic. I made that mistake with the former "Texas Terminators" of the NIFL( jumped on board with 50 yd line front row tix and VIP passes to the club updstairs). They played at the Travis County Expo center ( where the Turfcats will play) and it didnt last too long. They had James Brown fromer UT QB and I also heard these Turfcats are looking at getting him too. These league are fun and something to do in the off season of the NFL but they never seem to last. The Wranglers started out in AFL top then went to the bottom of AFL2 in just a few years.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read