Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-04-2005   #1
Crazygomer
Rookie

Default Cap Problems

I've seen alot of posts latley about how we are going to be having alot of cap problems in the next couple of years. I'm kind of confused about this, because when the epansion draft occured the owner and GM said they were not going to let the cap get out of control! So I'm not going to really worry about it much, because I feel that we have the right personal behind us. The partiots for example have won 2 superbowls and maybe a 3rd this weeked. When you when a Superbowl players want more money! So they don't seem to be having any trouble! I'm really confused about this, because there are so many teams out there that have superstars for many years (Eagles, Patriots, Vikings, Tampa Bay, and the list goes on). Please if anyone can help me try and figure this one out, because I'm really confused. Though as Texan fans I don't think that we have anything to worry about!
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005   #2
SESupergenius

well for one reason is that we have to overpay players or pay the premium on players just to get them to come to an expansion team. Unless a player really wants to play for Houston and live there then a player more than likely is coming for pay increase. When we got players from the expansion draft there were a few players right there that were cap causaulties from other teams, they just couldn't afford them. We could since we were starting off with a clean slate (ie no cap penalties, no amortized bonuses, no final year restructuring) I don't think we will have huge problems, but we are getting close to the cap. I think we can restructure a couple of guys to afford us the chance to sign other players. I think we will be ok with what we have. Although the Texans did lose their financial whiz a few months back I think.
Old 02-04-2005   #3
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I don't think we will have huge problems, but we are getting close to the cap. I think we can restructure a couple of guys to afford us the chance to sign other players. I think we will be ok with what we have. Although the Texans did lose their financial whiz a few months back I think.
Getting close to the cap and having cap problems are two different things. some fans have though that every offseason we should have the money to sign pretty much any player, but honestly that won't happen(IMO, and shouldn't) happen.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005   #4
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

My understanding is we won't be in a position to bring in the top level FAs at every position, but we aren't going to have to waive key guys either. I believe Casserly and Company will keep us out of trouble.
Old 02-05-2005   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

them guys know what they are doing,,,,gotta have faith !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read