Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-03-2009   #741
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

BTW, nice idea with the avatar SuperMario. I will follow suit. I think it should be a rule that if you are going to be in the mock, you have to show your team spirit.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #742
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
BTW, nice idea with the avatar SuperMario. I will follow suit. I think it should be a rule that if you are going to be in the mock, you have to show your team spirit.
Heck yeah. With the amount of research im doing on the Lions I feel like a Lions fan. Then I go home at night and take a cold shower to revive myself.

Last edited by Blake; 03-03-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #743
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait to get this started!!!

Jags are gonna walk out with the best draft...watch n' wait!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #744
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Any thoughts on who the Texans should draft?
Old 03-04-2009   #745
Aaron
Rookie

Rep Power: 160 Aaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it too late for me to pick up a team???
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #746
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are in a tough spot. It will really depend on who is on the board when we pick.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #747
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Is it too late for me to pick up a team???
I think we are all full. Sorry dude.
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2009   #748
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Texans are in a tough spot (as mentioned). Many people are suggesting Clay Matthews, and even through I like what I see, I don't think he should go in the first round to the Texans. His lack of expierence as a starter is a major turn-off for me. Maybe in the 2nd or late late 1st but NOT at 15.

I am also looking at Tyrone McKenzie, 6'2" 235-Lbs OLB for the USF Bulls. Great, explosive player with a high football IQ. Led the Bulls in tackles for two consecutive seasons as well. I would love to take him in the 1st but I see that as a bit of a reach (however, not 15th overall).

I know Steve Slaton remembers him well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_967...eature=related

I was also considering Tyson Jackson, but he has a HUGE bust potential if he isn't coached right from the get-go. I think the Texans will have to trade out of that spot to fill our needs because I don't see a 4-3 DE or OLB worthy of taking at 15 (Other then Mckenzie).

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticl...&Q_SEASON=2008
Old 03-04-2009   #749
Aaron
Rookie

Rep Power: 160 Aaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respectedAaron is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I think we are all full. Sorry dude.
thanks...its cool. when is it starting???
Old 03-04-2009   #750
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Since safety is our #1 need in my mind, a player like Delmas in the 2nd would be nice. Also a RB in the 4th would be preferred.

I know there are alot of people against Rey in the first round, but Kubiak has said that "you field the best 3 linebackers you have" regardless of what position they are supposed to play.

I think you go BPA, but a linebacker (Rey Maualuga), or a cornerback (Vontae Davis) would be a nice start.

You are in a tough spot my friend. I am actually glad I didnt get the Texans. Just get your thick skin ready.
Old 03-04-2009   #751
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
thanks...its cool. when is it starting???
Ill kick it off Friday morning. It will be a new thread though. This one has just about run its course.
Old 03-04-2009   #752
Aaron
Rookie

Quote:
Ill kick it off Friday morning. It will be a new thread though. This one has just about run its course.
lol you can say that again. how does this board feel about clay mathews??? he is flying up the boards...if the texans want him they might have to take him at 15.
Old 03-04-2009   #753
Shaft75
Site Contributor

I would love it if we could trade picks in this draft. Although I would piss some people off when I trade this years 1st and 2nd to get Curry.

I really want to trade back. We should just make some exceptions for the Texans in this mock when it comes to trading.
Old 03-04-2009   #754
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
lol you can say that again. how does this board feel about clay mathews??? he is flying up the boards...if the texans want him they might have to take him at 15.
From what I can tell you are right. They will have to reach to take him. Unless a trade happens which is basically impossible to foresee. Also I think hes a bit unknown with 1 season as a starter and limited play before that. Cushing is the same way but he was injured.

I have no problem with CL3 as long as we trade down and also have a backup plan if he gets taken in front of us.
Old 03-04-2009   #755
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would love it if we could trade picks in this draft. Although I would piss some people off when I trade this years 1st and 2nd to get Curry.

I really want to trade back. We should just make some exceptions for the Texans in this mock when it comes to trading.
Not so fast my friend.

I hope you take Super Mario's advice and get your thick skin on because you aren't gonna get any special benefits and no matter who you pick some people are gonna complain.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #756
Blake
MMQB

Quote:

Hahahahahahahaha!
Old 03-04-2009   #757
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope no trading, sorry. All guys try to do is trade back to accumulate more picks in the draft instead of just drafting people, which is the whole point of the thing.

If we had no trades in the last mock it would have taken a week to finish it max. Instead everybody used up the full time limit trying to trade back to gather more picks.

It sucks, but it would take us a month to finish it if we did a 7 round mock and allowed trades.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #758
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

I know i'm new to this but is there anyway we can put a time limit on how long ppl take to draft. I know its easy to forget but can we skip teams over like they do in the real NFL draft?
Old 03-04-2009   #759
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I know i'm new to this but is there anyway we can put a time limit on how long ppl take to draft. I know its easy to forget but can we skip teams over like they do in the real NFL draft?
Each team has a 12 hour clock. If you miss your pick or don't let me know who you want, then I will pick, or the board will pick for you. Simple.
Old 03-04-2009   #760
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Each team has a 12 hour clock. If you miss your pick or don't let me know who you want, then I will pick, or the board will pick for you. Simple.

Ok, sounds fair enough. This way the mock will be as real as possible....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read