Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-26-2009   #641
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Give Dread-Head the Cowboys........
Old 02-26-2009   #642
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a team, other than Cowboys or Panthers.
Old 02-26-2009   #643
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in. I'll take any team.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #644
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

If there are any spots left I would love to give it a whirl...
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #645
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Ahh but Shaft you did so well . .
Thank you, thank you...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #646
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

OK. I don't think anyone wants the Cowboys or the Panthers. We're sitting at 27 people right now.

I could take the Cowboys AND the Panthers and then randomize the rest. But we still need to get 4 more people so we don't have to give someone 2 teams.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #647
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reporting in. Any team is fine with me.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2009   #648
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget me!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #649
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Don't forget me!
Too late.

I already forgot you.

You're number 17.
Old 02-26-2009   #650
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

I've written a script that takes two lists: a list of participants and a list of teams. It reads in both lists and then randomizes them. Then it assigns teams until it runs out of participants. It re-randomizes the participants and assigns the rest of the teams.

No biggie.

But I had a thought, I could force the Cowboys and Panthers to the end of the teams list. That would make it so that whoever had the Cowboys or Panthers would have two teams.

How does that sound to everyone?

And when do we want to put the cut-off for signing up? And do we want to put in some rules about people who don't make their picks to speed things up?
Old 02-26-2009   #651
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've written a script that takes two lists: a list of participants and a list of teams. It reads in both lists and then randomizes them. Then it assigns teams until it runs out of participants. It re-randomizes the participants and assigns the rest of the teams.

No biggie.

But I had a thought, I could force the Cowboys and Panthers to the end of the teams list. That would make it so that whoever had the Cowboys or Panthers would have two teams.

How does that sound to everyone?

And when do we want to put the cut-off for signing up? And do we want to put in some rules about people who don't make their picks to speed things up?
I'm more concerned with us getting people who will commit to taking the mock seriously than I am with the teams and assigned order... that said I think randomizing is the most fair way to go. If there are people who would prefer Carolina/Dallas, give it to them straight out.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the script, PN!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #652
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'm more concerned with us getting people who will commit to taking the mock seriously than I am with the teams and assigned order... that said I think randomizing is the most fair way to go. If there are people who would prefer Carolina/Dallas, give it to them straight out.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the script, PN!
Hey, no problem. It's what I do.

But, you're right. The big thing is getting people who're going to make picks in a timely manner. super_mario sending out reminders to everyone was pretty cool... even though I personally ignored them because I expected to make my picks. Getting a wishlist of 5 possible options when they're 4-5 picks away would help speed things up if people aren't going to be around.

But... some people were looking to deal and make trades and that was taking some time, too. We might want to make this a no-trade mock. There probably isn't any real chance that any trade we make is going to match reality anyway. I mean, who envisioned us trading back last year with the Ravens? And the year before, several of us had us trading back with the Niners and getting Staley, iirc.
Old 02-26-2009   #653
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We might want to make this a no-trade mock.
I'll second this. I hate trading picks, it makes it way too unrealistic.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #654
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
I'll second this. I hate trading picks, it makes it way too unrealistic.
I wouldn't say unrealistic, but people focus way too much on trading picks than drafting actual players.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #655
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like trades if they are done responsibly. I, for one, am not doing what I think the team will do. I will do what I think is best for the team, what I would do as GM.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #656
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Assuming this one has attentive participants, how many rounds are we shooting for?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #657
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Assuming this one has attentive participants, how many rounds are we shooting for?
I was looking forward to 3 in the last one.

But... do we want to have a fallback in case of inattentive participants? Pull the team away and give it to someone who picked in the previous round... if they want an extra team?
Old 02-26-2009   #658
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to go as far as possible, if people are participating. That would probably be around 3 rounds though...
Old 02-26-2009   #659
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Mock will start one week after FA starts. So next Friday.

* No trades in this mock.

* 12 Hour Clock.

* We will go three rounds, and after that we can discuss going any further.

* Cowboys and Panthers will be doubled up on a random GM picked by PN's randomizer.

* I will do my best to bug people and notify them when they are coming up. Also GM's have the option of sending me their top 3 and I can proxy their pick.

Any objections?

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #660
rmartin65
I'm Score

I am down with it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read