Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-17-2009   #561
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

I like how Seattle's (2nd place) turned out and really like Jacksonville's (1st place).

I'm not sold on Everrette Brown being the 4-3 DE for us, but I very well could have selected him at that spot too. Brown and Chung were excellent picks.

Remind me what happened with Baltimore.. did Cleveland or Cincinnati trade up? If so, that's a good draft with them having an extra 3rd rounder I presume?

Those players for New England should fit in perfectly, good fits for the team.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #562
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I like how Seattle's (2nd place) turned out and really like Jacksonville's (1st place).

I'm not sold on Everrette Brown being the 4-3 DE for us, but I very well could have selected him at that spot too. Brown and Chung were excellent picks.

Remind me what happened with Baltimore.. did Cleveland or Cincinnati trade up? If so, that's a good draft with them having an extra 3rd rounder I presume?

Those players for New England should fit in perfectly, good fits for the team.
I drafted for the Jags since Ryan didnt show, so ill take props on your first place vote. :P

Cleveland (Me) traded up for Sintim and gave Minn a 4th and 6th. Cincy (imatexan) traded up for Jerry and gave Baltimore a 3rd.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #563
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I drafted for the Jags since Ryan didnt show, so ill take props on your first place vote. :P

Cleveland (Me) traded up for Sintim and gave Minn a 4th and 6th. Cincy (imatexan) traded up for Jerry and gave Baltimore a 3rd.
Gotcha. Well, dang- nice selections for a team you weren't supposed to pick for!!
Old 02-17-2009   #564
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 63rd pick the Arizona Cardinals select Shonn Greene, RB from Iowa.

This is great value right here, IMO. I really thought that Greene would be long gone by now. I was originally going to trade up to get him, but he somehow fell to me all the way at the bottom of the 2nd round.

After taking a DB in the 1st I knew that I would need a RB in the 2nd round. Edge has 1 year left with the Cards maximum and Hightower & Arrington are not feature backs. With Greene the Cardinals now have a power RB who will move the pile on the goalline and who can carry the load at RB.

Even though I drafted late in this draft, #31, I am still very pleased with the results for the draft.

1st - Louis Delmas, FS
2nd - Shonn Greene, RB

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #565
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
With the 63rd pick the Arizona Cardinals select Shonn Greene, RB from Iowa.
I love it. Shonn Greene would be a great 2nd or 3rd round pick in my opinion.
Old 02-17-2009   #566
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I traded #26 overall and a late 4th rounder for a top 6 2nd round pick and a top 6 3rd round pick.

Which gave me two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders, one early and one late in both rounds.

Used two 2nd rounders on Alphonso Smith and Juaquin Iglesias. Would have targeted Victor Harris, CB VTech and Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State in that order in the 3rd round.

I feel like I could have come up with Victor Harris with my first 3rd round pick which is the 6th in the 3rd round. That would have given the Ravens two corners for the future, hopefully anyway.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #567
Blake
MMQB

D-Rek missed his first round pick, and hasnt been on here for 3 weeks the system says.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2009   #568
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Pittsburgh Steelers Select: Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri
That means the Steelers would have 3 good TEs. Miller, Spaeth, and now Coffman.

Spaeth is a good player that is often overlooked.
Old 02-17-2009   #569
Blake
MMQB

This concludes the 2009 pre combine 2 round mock draft.

What did you like?

What did you dislike?

Who are you surprised to still see on the board?

Who went to early?
Old 02-17-2009   #570
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe we can all discuss players we would like to pick in the 3rd round anyways, not so much pick them but discuss them. It may help for the post-combine mock. It'd be great to get a tally of everyone's 1st and 2nd round picks + whatever picks they have left in the draft. Maybe we can have a discussion-vote of who's drafts we think went real well. I actually like most of these.
I personally am surprised Victor "Macho" Harris, CB Virginia Tech is still around. He is my #1 player on my board going into the 3rd round. He is a great all-around corner who may be more talented than Brandon Flowers of a year ago, who went at the top of the 2nd round.

Harris was also used alot on offense as VTech's receivers were almost all freshman last year outside of their TE Boone, who is also a very versatile player.
Old 02-17-2009   #571
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
That means the Steelers would have 3 good TEs. Miller, Spaeth, and now Coffman.

Spaeth is a good player that is often overlooked.
Ok. We can change it no problem?

What do you think about a big boy DE like Kyle Moore?

Or maybe Jonathan Luigs?
Old 02-17-2009   #572
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ok. We can change it no problem?

What do you think about a big boy DE like Kyle Moore?

Or maybe Jonathan Luigs?
I actually don't have any problem with the Coffman pick, I was just pointing out what it means for the team.

It's doubtful they would keep both Spaeth and Coffman however, so it may mean that the Steelers would cut Spaeth.
Old 02-17-2009   #573
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I personally am surprised Victor "Macho" Harris, CB Virginia Tech is still around. He is my #1 player on my board going into the 3rd round. He is a great all-around corner who may be more talented than Brandon Flowers of a year ago, who went at the top of the 2nd round.

Harris was also used alot on offense as VTech's receivers were almost all freshman last year outside of their TE Boone, who is also a very versatile player.
The reason Harris is still on the board, IMO, is because the CB class is so deep this year. With guys like Jenkings, Davis, Moore, etc. it is going to be really hard for Harris to climb up the draft boards.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-17-2009   #574
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought a lot of people had some pretty solid drafts...

Detroit Lions
Jacksonville Jaguars
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
New York Giants
Baltimore Ravens
Arizona Cardinals

Players that are still on the board that is a little surprising...

Victor Harris (Previously mentioned)
Derrick Williams (He's up there with the good wideouts)
Nate Davis (Davis > Bomar IMO)
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #575
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Lions drafted a QB with their 2nd pick instead of the 1st overall , would it save money ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #576
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I traded #26 overall and a late 4th rounder for a top 6 2nd round pick and a top 6 3rd round pick.

Which gave me two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders, one early and one late in both rounds.

Used two 2nd rounders on Alphonso Smith and Juaquin Iglesias. Would have targeted Victor Harris, CB VTech and Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State in that order in the 3rd round.

I feel like I could have come up with Victor Harris with my first 3rd round pick which is the 6th in the 3rd round. That would have given the Ravens two corners for the future, hopefully anyway.
You can forget Robiskie because if he is there when the Bears select he is coming off the boards. Either that or a Guard.
Old 02-17-2009   #577
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4297 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If the Lions drafted a QB with their 2nd pick instead of the 1st overall , would it save money ?
Yeah, there's a big difference between being drafted #1 overall and #12 overall as far as money goes. But in this situation, Aaron Curry's pockets will be filled with cash.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009   #578
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Technically yes. The QB they drafted @ #20 would be making 1/4 the amount of money as a QB picked #1, but whoever they chose with the #1 pick would be making some serious buck.

These days it doesn't really matter what position you play. If you go #1 you're going to get a ridiculous contract.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-17-2009   #579
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I've been thinking about the Detroit question for a few days actually. The QB position carries a premium than most other positions. Financially, I think they would save more money by drafting QB #1 and then LT #20. The savings may be nominal and definitely not worth playing around with when trying to build a team.
Old 02-17-2009   #580
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

For Denver, I was targeting Terrence Taylor, NT from Michigan for my 3rd round pick. If he wasn't available I would try to find a good safety for them. There's no secret I was targeting 3-4 players in the front 7. Got the End and a LB. They need a NT which I thought Taylor could be groomed for. Outside of Raji I wasn't sure of one that could start right away. Dangerous having 66.7% of your DL as rookies anyways.

If Donald Brown was available, I'd take him in a heartbeat. I'm infatuated with that guy's play. I think I value him more than most other people though. Denver has had a slew of RB injuries and no real leader. Hillis is agreat option (great FB) b/c he's versatile and the new HC seems to like that. Having Hillis and Brown back there would make their offense unstoppable.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read