Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-16-2009   #521
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Not trying to jinx it but we are moving along smoothly!
Yea this thing is really moving along now. If it had gone like this all along we could have knocked out a 3rd round too, but that's just wishful thinking.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #522
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Yea this thing is really moving along now. If it had gone like this all along we could have knocked out a 3rd round too, but that's just wishful thinking.
This is for 3 rounds.

Or did we change it to 2 when it wasn't moving quickly?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #523
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
Thanks to all for the good wishes!!! My son is monitoring the combine/draft prep for me...I'll check in when I get connectivity again.

Texan at BWI out!
Thanks for everything that you do.

Keep your head down and your senses keen.

Most of all stay safe

Thoughts and prayers are with you
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #524
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This is for 3 rounds.

Or did we change it to 2 when it wasn't moving quickly?
It was originally for 3 rounds, but because of the lack of participation by some members it was changed to only 2 rounds.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-16-2009   #525
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 57th pick the Baltimore Ravens select Juaquin Iglesias, WR Oklahoma.

The Ravens need a WR or two pretty bad. Juaquin is the most solid out of the group left. I thought about going someone else here, but I think he may drop into the 3rd round.

We should go 3 rounds if this keeps moving smoothly.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #526
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I say change it back to 3 rds.
Old 02-16-2009   #527
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I agree
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2009   #528
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It was originally for 3 rounds, but because of the lack of participation by some members it was changed to only 2 rounds.
Damn. I was looking forward to 3 rounds.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #529
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I agree
Why? There is no point. We had at least 5 people miss their 1st round pick and probably about 10 miss their 2nd round pick. And that's just a rough estimation it's probably more than that. This mock was supposed to take a week or two, but it's gone on for at least 2 weeks and we're only in the 2nd round.

For those of us that enjoy doing the mock's this one was a real letdown. I would love to do 3 rounds, but it's too hard to accomplish when half the members never show up to make a pick or participate.

I believe we are doing a post-combine mock in a week or so, but it is by invitation only. The people that have been active in this mock will be in it, but for those members who joined up and never participated, they will not be included.

So if you enjoyed this mock and have participated you will probably be invited for the next one, but for those people who signed up and only posted once or twice on the entire 27+ page thread, they will not be invited back.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-16-2009   #530
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear yall, but it is alot of extra work and time for me when we have so many people not participating.

The combine starts in 2 days. We can finish up the 2nd round here (7 picks left) and then focus on the combine. Then we can do a post combine 3 or more round mock.

If someone really wants to finish moderating the 3rd round have at it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #531
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
No thanks.

We won't even have finished the second round by the time the combine comes along.

We can finish this one in two rounds and then do a three round mock post-combine.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #532
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have/had two picks in the 3rd round and y'all just stole my thunder . I'm going to resign Favre , that'll show you .
Old 02-16-2009   #533
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

"Tex Fans,

I'm headed to Kuwait tommorrow and will be in Baghdad for 6+ months. I've been finishing up some Army training and missed my last pick. I'll probably miss the next one also, but here is my priority order if available...

Paul Kruger DE Utah
William Moore S Missouri
Sen'Derrick Marks DT Auburn
Shonn Greene RB Iowa
Andy Levitre OG Oregon St.

If none available, mods pls have someone pick for me.

Mark"

The New England Patriots Select: William Moore, S, Missouri
Old 02-16-2009   #534
Blake
MMQB

Shaft75 is FINALLY on the clock.
Old 02-16-2009   #535
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Shaft75 is FINALLY on the clock.
Wow... What kickers are left???
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #536
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Wow... What kickers are left???
Lol.

Actually Graham Gano will warant a high pick come draft day. Was only a kicker for this year but won the Lou Groza award.

He was 24-26 this year. Only 2 he missed were over 50 yards, but he was 5 of 7 on over 50 yard field goals.

He has a boot, let me tell you, this guy can kick.

It is very interesting how far William Moore has slipped out of the first round in the eyes of the people doing this mock.
Old 02-16-2009   #537
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 59th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers select:

Robert Ayers DE Tennessee

This immediately fills the vacancy that was left when Julius Peppers signed with the Houston Texans. Plug him in and play on!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #538
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Ayers is an absolute STEAL here. No way he lasts anywhere near this long when the real draft comes. Not gonna be a sack machine, but I think he'll be a really solid DE, who will stuff the run and get to the QB once in a while.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009   #539
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Ayers is an absolute STEAL here. No way he lasts anywhere near this long when the real draft comes. Not gonna be a sack machine, but I think he'll be a really solid DE, who will stuff the run and get to the QB once in a while.
I was thinking about taking him as a 3-4 DE for the Ravens @ 57, but I didn't like the fit. He is a good player, that is great value here I agree.
Old 02-16-2009   #540
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
No thanks.

We won't even have finished the second round by the time the combine comes along.

We can finish this one in two rounds and then do a three round mock post-combine.
Good point

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read