Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-12-2009   #441
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Let's worry about all this stuff later.

Let's finish this mock first then we can jump into who will be involved in the next one and what teams they will do. I shouldn't have posted about doing the Bucs again.

Let's get this thing back on topic.
Agreed

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #442
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Yes he would form an excellent tandem with Cedric Griffin in the future.
Well ... I'll do another draft after the combine if you need it . It would be nice to finish two rounds of this one because the combine will change things a little .
Old 02-12-2009   #443
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

With the #38 pick the Baltimore Ravens select: Alphonso Smith, CB Wake Forest

21 interceptions and 40 pass breakups in his four years at Wake Forest. He was my #3 rated cornerback. He was actually my #1 player on my big board for a good 7 picks now.

5-9 195. Some say height may be a problem with this guy but he brings alot of speed and ballhawking skills the Ravens always seem to find.

The Ravens are getting old at the CB position. Samari Rolle will be 33 next season, Chris McCalister 32, and even their top alternate Corey Ivy will be 32 next season. Smith can be their nickel this year and grow into a starting role.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #444
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
With the #38 pick the Baltimore Ravens select: Alphonso Smith, CB Wake Forest

21 interceptions and 40 pass breakups in his four years at Wake Forest. He was my #3 rated cornerback. 5-9 195. Some say height may be a problem with this guy but he brings alot of speed and ballhawking skills the Ravens always seem to find.

The Ravens are getting old at the CB position. Samari Rolle will be 33 next season, Chris McCalister 32, and even their top alternate Corey Ivy will be 32 next season. Smith can be their nickel this year and grow into a starting role.
Wow that's a great pick. He fits the Ravens defense better than any other CB in this draft, IMO. If I were drafting for the Ravens I would have taken him with their 1st round pick and you got him in the 2nd round. Awesome.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #445
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang... so much for passing against the Ravens. Ed Reed and Alphonso Smith!? Nicely done.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #446
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
BTW, nice pick on Heyward-Bey. I think he might turn out the best of this years WR class.
Eh, Heyward-Bey was a good pick here, but I do not see him becoming the best in the class. Crabtree earns that distinction, and Nicks will have a very good career.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #447
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

When the Packers pick (41st) if Percy Harvin is still there ... would you pick him ? I'm not sure they need him but if you BPA ... he's it .
Old 02-12-2009   #448
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I like Jeremy Maclin the best.
Old 02-12-2009   #449
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Personally, I like Jeremy Maclin the best.
But he's been picked .
Old 02-12-2009   #450
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
When the Packers pick (41st) if Percy Harvin is still there ... would you pick him ? I'm not sure they need him but if you BPA ... he's it .
At 41? I would definitely look long and hard at him. He is a dangerous weapon when healthy, could help in the return game as well. Yea, I would at 41.
Old 02-12-2009   #451
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
But he's been picked .
Sorry, I was referring to the Heyward-Bay, Crabtree comments.

Hmm for Green Bay... Greg Jennings is an obvious stud. Driver is nearing the end of the career. They've got two young up and comers in Jordy Nelson and James Jones. I do think Harvin could be a possibility though.

With selecting BJ Raji in the 1st, they've got a big need area settled (NT). I'll have to think more about Green Bay's 2nd rd pick, I've lost touch with that team. Isn't capers the DC though?
Old 02-12-2009   #452
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Sounds good to me, and obviously I'd like to participate in the post-combine mock draft as well.
I would love to be in the next mock as well.
Old 02-12-2009   #453
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Sorry, I was referring to the Heyward-Bay, Crabtree comments.

Hmm for Green Bay... Greg Jennings is an obvious stud. Driver is nearing the end of the career. They've got two young up and comers in Jordy Nelson and James Jones. I do think Harvin could be a possibility though.

With selecting BJ Raji in the 1st, they've got a big need area settled (NT). I'll have to think more about Green Bay's 2nd rd pick, I've lost touch with that team. Isn't capers the DC though?
They need some 3-4OLB's. Capers loves his OLB's. Give those a glance.
Old 02-12-2009   #454
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

When someone wants to do another mock, let me know. Having one pick at #59 sucks hardcore. The best player I could find that was picked in that position was Jeff Hostetler.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #455
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
They need some 3-4OLB's. Capers loves his OLB's. Give those a glance.
Thats true. Larry English would be an excellent pick.
Old 02-12-2009   #456
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Heres a list of the top 100 players left to help speed along the proccess. Feel free to update it after youre picks. I'll try to keep it updated as much as I can.

26. Josh Freeman QB Kansas St.
32. William Moore S Missouri
36. Rashad Johnson S Alabama
38. Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
41. Coye Francies CB San Jose St.
42. Paul Kruger DE Utah
44. Sean Smith S Utah
46. Evander Hood DT Missouri
47. Derrick Williams WR Penn St.
48. Darius Butler CB Connecticut
51. Jamon Meredith OT South Carolina
52. Jairus Byrd CB Oregon
53. Robert Ayers DE Tennessee
54. Eric Wood C Louisville
55. Rhett Bomar QB Sam Houston St.
56. Sen'Derrick Marks DT Auburn
57. Jared Cook TE South Carolina
58. Troy Kropog OT Tulane
59. Donald Brown RB Connecticut
60. Shawn Nelson TE Southern Miss
61. Darry Beckwith ILB L.S.U.
62. Chase Coffman TE Missouri
63. Ron Brace DT Boston College
64. Patrick Chung S Oregon
65. Connor Barwin DE Connecticut
66. Shonn Greene RB Iowa
67. Victor Harris CB Virginia Tech
68. Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma
69. Cody Brown DE Connecticut
70. Mike Mickens CB Cincinnati
71. Travis Beckum TE Wisconsin
72. Brian Robiskie WR Ohio St.
73. Fili Moala DT USC
74. Andy Levitre OG Oregon St.
75. Cornelius Ingram TEFlorida
76. Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas
77. Jason Watkins OT Florida
78. Michael Hamlin S Clemson
79. Nate Davis QB Ball St.
80. James Casey TE Rice
81. Marcus Freeman OLB Ohio St.
82. James Davis RB Clemson
83. Antoine Caldwell C Alabama
84. Cary Harris CB USC
85. Michael Goodson RB Texas A&M
86. Alex Magee DT Purdue
87. Andre Brown RB North Carolina St.
88. Louis Murphy WR Florida
89 Tyrone McKenzie OLB South Florida
90. Javon Ringer RB Michigan St.
91. Mohamed Massaquoi WR Georgia
92. Jarron Gilbert DT San Jose St.
93. Trevor Canfield OG Cincinnati
94. Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly
95. Sherrod Martin CB Troy
96. Vance Walker DT Georgia Tech
97. Brandon Tate WR North Carolina
98. Cornelius Lewis OT Tennessee St.
99. Brandon Gibson WR Washington St.
100. Jeremiah Johnson RB Oregon

Last edited by mussop; 02-13-2009 at 07:55 AM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #457
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Maybe random team? We will at least change teams.
Give me a list of names and I can write a php script to randomly assign them.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #458
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Youre up Ryan!

Jacksonville Jaguars (Ryan)
Select #39: N/A
__________________________________________________ ___

Oakland Raiders (Steroids)
Select #40: N/A
__________________________________________________ ___

GreenBay Packers (Honoring Earl 34)
Select #41: N/A __________________________________________________ ___

Buffalo Bills (DiehardChris)
Select #42: N/A __________________________________________________ ___

San Francisco 49ers (Mussop)
Select #43: N/A
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #459
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to stay in for the next draft.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #460
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Its been 16 hours.

I'd bet you that some of these people don't even remember signing up for this draft.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read