Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-12-2009   #421
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Due to the inactivity to a lot of the people associated with this mock draft, I think we should only do 2 rounds, and then have Super Mario pick who he thinks is reliable enough to do a 3 rounder post-combine. What do you all think?
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #422
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 37th overall choice in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select...

Darrius Heyward-Bey - Wide Receiver, Maryland

Explanation - The Seahawks obviously need a receiver. Not having Crabtree drop to them was disappointing, but Heyward-Bey and Nicks were tied for 2nd best receiver in the draft IMO, so I am happy that Heyward-Bey is still here, and I think he will be a good receiver to go along with Deion Branch.
Old 02-12-2009   #423
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Due to the inactivity to a lot of the people associated with this mock draft, I think we should only do 2 rounds, and then have Super Mario pick who he thinks is reliable enough to do a 3 rounder post-combine. What do you all think?
I am fine with this, but I won't be the only person building the new GM list.

We only have 8 days until the combine starts. Lets finish round 2 and then call it. Then we can build the GM list for the REAL post combine Texans Talk mock draft.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #424
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

We only have 8 days until the combine starts. Lets finish round 2 and then call it. Then we can build the GM list for the REAL post combine Texans Talk mock draft.
Sounds good to me, and obviously I'd like to participate in the post-combine mock draft as well.
Old 02-12-2009   #425
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Explanation - The Seahawks obviously need a receiver. Not having Crabtree drop to them was disappointing, but Heyward-Bey and Nicks were tied for 2nd best receiver in the draft IMO, so I am happy that Heyward-Bey is still here, and I think he will be a good receiver to go along with Deion Branch.
Nice pick. I think Jenkins+Heyward-Bey is much better than Crabtree+whoever the top CB available right now is.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #426
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 37th overall choice in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select...

Darrius Heyward-Bey - Wide Receiver, Maryland

Crabtree #2 created havok at the top of the draft. You wanted crab and got Jenkins, I wanted Jenkins and got Smith.

Agreed though. Jenkins and HB are a pretty good haul. Like Chris said, its better than Crab and the next best corner.
Old 02-12-2009   #427
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Are we going to be using the same teams because I have to say I would rather change teams for the post combine mock to change it up.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2009   #428
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Via PM(rmartin65) : The Minnesota Vikings Select: D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt
For me it came down to BPA. Moore was excellent value in the 2nd.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #429
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Very excellent value. Taking a 1st round CB in the 2nd is always a good deal.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-12-2009   #430
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Agreed. I think you did a great job of trading down, getting 2 extra late round picks and still getting a good corner.
Old 02-12-2009   #431
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Are we going to be using the same teams because I have to say I would rather change teams for the post combine mock to change it up.
Maybe random team? We will at least change teams.
Old 02-12-2009   #432
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Maybe random team? We will at least change teams.
Ok that sounds good. I just have to say with not everybody participating it gets very dull sitting at the end of every round at #31. I would much rather move up.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-12-2009   #433
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to participate in the next draft. Count me in

BTW, nice pick on Heyward-Bey. I think he might turn out the best of this years WR class.
Old 02-12-2009   #434
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
There probably won't be 32 different people in the mock so some people will be doing two teams.

I would like to keep Tampa Bay because I have already researched their team a lot. Plus, I will be open to taking on a second team if needed.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #435
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

D.J. Moore is my #3 CB and #25 overall on my board. Excellent pick by the Vikings.
Old 02-12-2009   #436
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I assume we're going to do a separate "opt in" thread for the next draft, but I definitely want in. I'll take any team, and any number of teams. Just wanna make sure I don't get left out

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #437
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be cool taking a different team(s). Doing the research for other teams needs was half the fun.
Old 02-12-2009   #438
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
D.J. Moore is my #3 CB and #25 overall on my board. Excellent pick by the Vikings.
Yes he would form an excellent tandem with Cedric Griffin in the future.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 02-12-2009   #439
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I assume we're going to do a separate "opt in" thread for the next draft, but I definitely want in. I'll take any team, and any number of teams. Just wanna make sure I don't get left out
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'd be cool taking a different team(s). Doing the research for other teams needs was half the fun.
Let's worry about all this stuff later.

Let's finish this mock first then we can jump into who will be involved in the next one and what teams they will do. I shouldn't have posted about doing the Bucs again.

Let's get this thing back on topic.
Old 02-12-2009   #440
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'm assuming that all the guys that have been active in this thread will not be left out so I wouldn't worry. As for the whole multiple team thing I'm not much of a fan because theoretically you could trade between your teams to help one team out. I doubt the other members would let that stand, but technically it could work that way.

- The Immortal Bo

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read