Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-11-2009   #381
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Just waiting for my pick killing time .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caqr2zecCUs

http://boards.houstontexans.com/show...137#post180137

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 02-11-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #382
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Should we make a change on the fly?

Round 2-3 stay at 12 hour clock or 6 hour clock?

Users need to make sure to PM me their top 3-5 if they wont be around all day.
If we go to a 6 hour clock, count me out. I cannot access from work. sorry. Please do what is best for the majority. I just did not want anyone to think I was not filling my end of the bargain.

Best,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #383
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
If we go to a 6 hour clock, count me out. I cannot access from work. sorry. Please do what is best for the majority. I just did not want anyone to think I was not filling my end of the bargain.

Best,
Rick
I already stated that its staying 12 hour so dont worry.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #384
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I already stated that its staying 12 hour so dont worry.
cool. yeah, i got distracted. 2 year olds will do that.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #385
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the post combine mock should be my invitation only. You must be pre-approved like credit. :P
How would this be determined, out of curiosity?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #386
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Credit rating = post per day .

Round Dan
Old 02-11-2009   #387
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Credit rating = post per day .
I dont like it. Some people lurk around here, yet dont feel like saying anything.

I would like to be a part of the invite only. I am here every day, multiple times. I just dont chime in on everything, so my post count is low.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2009   #388
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I dont like it. Some people lurk around here, yet dont feel like saying anything.

I would like to be a part of the invite only. I am here every day, multiple times. I just dont chime in on everything, so my post count is low.
Well ... offer Super Mario 10 dollars in unmarked bills .

Round Dan
Old 02-11-2009   #389
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91029 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's pretty easy to tell who has been involved in this mock and who hasn't.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #390
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
It's pretty easy to tell who has been involved in this mock and who hasn't.
Yeah, it is. I wouldn't mind being apart of the post combine mock either.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #391
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I spent way too much time researching Buffalo's pick - then when #11 came around it was a no-brainer. LOL

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #392
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91029 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I spent way too much time researching Buffalo's pick - then when #11 came around it was a no-brainer. LOL
That's usually how it happens.

Same thing happened to me when Maclin fell right into my lap.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #393
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be interested in a post combine mock.

I dont have the posts that some people have but I'm here several times a day.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #394
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
That's usually how it happens.

Same thing happened to me when Maclin fell right into my lap.

And me when Mathew Stafford the top rated QB fell into my (SF) lap.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #395
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yeah, it is. I wouldn't mind being apart of the post combine mock either.
Do you mean "apart" as in far away from it or do you mean "a part" as in taking part?

The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #396
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 287880 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Yeah, I did a bunch of research about needs and positions and things. And then it all went out the window when my pick came up.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #397
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I was hoping that Moreno would fall all the way into my lap in the second round. I know that the Chiefs have LJ, but his production has went down drastically last year and his character is going to be questioned. He is facing possible suspension from his off the field issues and everything, but I just don't value a particular RB at this spot. I was considering Shonne Green, but he really only produced for one year and will be 25 his rookie year. I would like to get a few extra years out of a RB, and I feel the value will be there later in the draft. Instead, I decided to fix the horrid pass-rush. 10 sacks? Really? If I had my way, Dorsey would not have been drafted last year. I was calling bust then. However, I do not like a single DT in the top 3 rounds this year. This is a very poor DT class and I think Raji has bust written all over him. I narrowed my list of DE's down to three:

Paul Kruger, DE, Utah
Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee
Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

Ayers comes from a defensive-rich conference and has come on strong late. He has had a great post-season circuit. Kruger I feel was more of the "big fish in a little pond" type player. I think he is an NFL player, I'm just not nearly as high on him as most of yall. Sidbury is a physical presence and has some of the best physical measurements of all the DE's in this years draft. He has experience getting to the QB and he has also had a great post-season circuit thus far against the top competition in the draft (more or less). It came down to Ayers and Sidbury, but I'm going to select Lawrence Sidbury from Richmond. I feel that his long arms will help him keep distance between OT's and that he has the potential to be a special DE. Sidbury put up more sacks this season (11.5) than Ayers did in his career (9). The Chiefs have gone with a youth movement and have taken projects early with someone like Alberts last year. The raw, unteachable, physical skill set is there, and you just can't pass that up in the NFL.
Old 02-12-2009   #398
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting pick by the Chiefs. Earlier than I expected by about a round, but he should develop into a pass rush specialist.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #399
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Do you mean "apart" as in far away from it or do you mean "a part" as in taking part?

haha I meant "a part". I think you know that...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #400
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Obviously multiple things will be taken into account like posts, length of time on this board, and participation in other mocks would be a big plus. Also people can vouch for others. A lurker can participate no problem.

Obviously I am not God and don't want to reject people from a group event, but for the sake of the 32 GM's who give a damn I think its necessary and this mock proves that.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read