Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-15-2009   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NO hires Gregg Williams as DC

Quote:
The New Orleans Saints have a new defensive coordinator.

And he is former Jaguars, Redskins, and Titans defensive coordinator and former Bills head coach Gregg Williams.

A lot has gone into this decision, and we targeted Gregg as the coach wed like to hire after our first interview because he was so impressive and prepared, coach Sean Payton said in a release, via the New Orleans Times-Picayune. As an offensive coach, I have game-planned against his defenses in the past, and I know the problems they create. Hes an aggressive coach, but his units are always sound fundamentally. We have some pieces in place for him to work with, and I know hes excited to get started.
pft

I wonder who the Titans will go after if they lose Jim Schwartz?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NO hires Gregg Williams as DC

Richard smith is my guess

just goes with the suckage

seriously, I imagine the Titans will push hard to keep Schwartz (I really couldn't name any other of their coaches beyond Fisher,Mikey boy and Jimbo)
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
pft

I wonder who the Titans will go after if they lose Jim Schwartz?
I think Williams going to NO is a sign that Schwatz isn't going anywhere.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I think Williams going to NO is a sign that Schwatz isn't going anywhere.
opps ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3835911

Good, I am glad to see him go.
Old 01-15-2009   #5
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
opps ...

Correct. Does not hurt my feelings to see him leave the AFC....
Old 01-15-2009   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
opps ...

Yeah, I kinda missed on that one.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
opps ...

Ditto.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read