Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-14-2009   #1
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover
Default ***The OFFICIAL Bring Julius Peppers to Houston Thread!!!***

Ring it in here!!!!

Bring Julius here!!!!

Hell, with Mario and Julius here together on our D-Line, we'd be deserving of one of those epic D-Line nicknames! -- "Houston Horror" or "Texas Two-Stompers"!
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Bring Julius Peppers to Houston Thread!!!***

We can dream but I don't see it happening. I think the Panthers can franchise him. It would be awesome to have bookend DE's like that.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #3
jshabang
Quality Backup!

Rep Power: 90 jshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respected

My name is jshabang......

And i approve this message
Old 01-14-2009   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttt!!

that's a raspberry if you were wondering.

slated to be the highest paid 29 year old DE in the NFL. who are we the raiders?

end of thread.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #5
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

The only threat to Peppers being franchised is OT Jordan Gross. He's also a FA and no doubt will command a lot of money.

Anyway - it doesn't matter. Peppers will want WAY too much money for a player his age.

It also kind of bothers me that he had a down year in 2007, but suddenly showed up huge this year when he was in his contract season.

Doesn't matter though - he'll be franchised. If he's not - there will be a team dumb enough to sign him to the gargantuan contract he'll want. The Texans won't, and that's a good thing.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Dreams, I have them all the time. I just dont think a dream like this will come true. It would be nice though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I'd love this myself. But it ain't happenin'.

If it did though.........wow!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-14-2009   #8
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

But I mean - you guys wouldn't be okay with the Texans giving him Jared Allen money, right?

Here is Jared Allen's deal (26 years old):
Six years, $73.26 million with $31 million guaranteed.

In my mind, as much of a bastard as Allen is, at his age - he's worth it.

Peppers reportedly was offered a contract that would have made him the highest paid defender in the NFL during the season - and he turned it down. I can't find a source on that, but I've heard it mentioned multiple times on talk radio... could be true, or it may not be.

Anyway - he's going to turn 29 this Sunday. If he's asking for anything NEAR what Allen wanted, I think you'd have to be off your rocker to give it to him.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-14-2009   #9
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

With the way the thread title was, I thought it had a chance of happening. Upon further reading, there is no chance in hell.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #10
Killer Bee
Rookie

Rep Power: 487 Killer Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respected

This is was wet dreams are made of. Carolina might franchise him and trade him just like Jared Allen. Jordan Gross will be signed before he hits the market. Rumors have it that Peppers rejected the biggest defensive contract ever offered and said it’s not about the money, he wants a championship. He “apparently” likes Houston but that conflicts with the whole championship thing. I think he wants out of Carolina because he disagrees with their scheme and coordinator.

With all that said, NO WAY. That’s too much money for a 29 year old player. Charlie Casserly not here to ruin our cap anymore.

For the complete story..... http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=997
Old 01-14-2009   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
With the way the thread title was, I thought it had a chance of happening. Upon further reading, there is no chance in hell.
Completely off this topic but I did hear Randy Galloway talk about Loserville several times yesterday...remember you mentioned that? Funny stuff.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009   #12
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Found this on ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3839736

"The front office has been informed of my desire to explore opportunities with other NFL teams following the expiration of my contract next month," Peppers said in a statement released by his agent Carl Carey. "At this point in my NFL career, I am seeking new challenges that will allow me to grow, develop and reach my personal potential on the football field.

"I strongly feel that making a move at this time is in my best interest. I appreciate the entire Panthers organization and am thankful for the seven seasons I've spent with the team."

The Panthers have the option to franchise Peppers, which would mean paying him nearly $17 million next season.

"Julius is firm in his decision that he needs a change," Carey said. "He feels that he can thrive in another system. While he has been selected to four Pro Bowls and designated as an All-Pro during his career, he feels that he has yet to develop to his full potential. This is the case of a great player who seeks to become an elite one."

Looks like he really wants out of Carolina. The least Smith and McNice should do is take a look at Pep. At least get our hopes up a little. I don't think he's worth the money he's looking for at this stage in his career, but hey, you never know..
Old 01-17-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
Found this on ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3839736

"The front office has been informed of my desire to explore opportunities with other NFL teams following the expiration of my contract next month," Peppers said in a statement released by his agent Carl Carey. "At this point in my NFL career, I am seeking new challenges that will allow me to grow, develop and reach my personal potential on the football field.

"I strongly feel that making a move at this time is in my best interest. I appreciate the entire Panthers organization and am thankful for the seven seasons I've spent with the team."

The Panthers have the option to franchise Peppers, which would mean paying him nearly $17 million next season.

"Julius is firm in his decision that he needs a change," Carey said. "He feels that he can thrive in another system. While he has been selected to four Pro Bowls and designated as an All-Pro during his career, he feels that he has yet to develop to his full potential. This is the case of a great player who seeks to become an elite one."

Looks like he really wants out of Carolina. The least Smith and McNice should do is take a look at Pep. At least get our hopes up a little. I don't think he's worth the money he's looking for at this stage in his career, but hey, you never know..
I saw that! The plot thickens...

I also exchanged emails with the guy who said that "Peppers seems to like the Houston area." What he had to say to me was very interesting indeed.

I rarely pimp my website here, but I don't want to write it all out again... just go here and read the entry.

It could mean nothing at all... but who knows?

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Last edited by DiehardChris; 01-17-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2009   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Anyway - he's going to turn 29 this Sunday. If he's asking for anything NEAR what Allen wanted, I think you'd have to be off your rocker to give it to him.
We have the space, he'd take our defense to another level...why not? Give him an incentive laden deal that gives him like $3 million per playoff game.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009   #15
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

This news is nice, but I am not sure I would want to give up a bunch of draft picks for him besides all the $$ it would take.

Now if it would take just a first round pick and maybe a low 4-7th pick or maybe swapping first round picks and a second round pick it might just be worth it.

At least you have a known commodity with Peppers that you don't with draft picks. But I would not like to lose a bunch of picks on just 1 guy - even if it is Peppers.
Old 01-17-2009   #16
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Meh... if we give him a huge contract, we can make him a player/coach. He'd coach the Dline. That would further his career
Old 01-17-2009   #17
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

The article in the chronicle says he wants to play in a 3-4 defense.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read