Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-04-2009   #1
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My Mini Mock / Wish List

My First MiniMock of 09

1st Donald Brown RB UConn Time to Create the two headed monster
2rd Ron Brace DT Boston College
3rd Zach Follett OLB Cal
3rd Courtney Greene S Rutgers
4tg Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconsin
5th Eric Wood OC Louisville
5th 5th round Sean Smith CB Utah
6th Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
7th Curtis Painter QB Purdue

Trade down to the mid 20's draft RB and get a 3rd and 5th.

Last edited by painekiller; 01-04-2009 at 04:14 AM. Reason: I made a few changes
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Mini Mock / Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
My First MiniMock of 09

1st Donald Brown RB UConn Time to Create the two headed monster
2rd Ron Brace DT Boston College
3rd Zach Follett OLB Cal
3rd Courtney Greene S Rutgers
4tg Matt Shaughnessy DE Wisconsin
5th Eric Wood OC Louisville
5th 5th round Sean Smith CB Utah
6th Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
7th Curtis Painter QB Purdue

Trade down to the mid 20's draft RB and get a 3rd and 5th.
thats a fine wish list
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOve Painter as a project QB. Prior to the season he was a potential first day QB. He has more physical ability than Brink did last year.
Old 01-04-2009   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know much about those guys but we all those positions are that of need. I would like to take a CB higher than that and I thinik Smithiak has shown they will not take a RB in the 1st. Either way, that's a nice list.
Old 01-04-2009   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I don't know much about those guys but we all those positions are that of need. I would like to take a CB higher than that and I thinik Smithiak has shown they will not take a RB in the 1st. Either way, that's a nice list.
have you watched Brown play?

gets points for trading down & adding another 3rd. rd. pick

brace is one of the best DT in this class

Follett adds size & speed @ OLB

Greene fills void left by CC with more upside

Shaughnessy would be a steal here

Wood adds depth to OL

Sutten would complete depth @ RB

Painter could be a Kubiak type of QB to develop, good accuracy
Old 01-04-2009   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

Wood adds depth to OL

No I haven't and I really am not as good as keeping up with all the guys in the draft and where they are expected to go.....not nearly as informed as some of you guys....so I wouldn't argue with one particular pick at all. In fact I would be happy that those positional needs got met and think it's a good list. Wouldn't mind learning a little more about some of those players though.
Old 01-04-2009   #7
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would the texans draft a running back in the 1st round and we have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2009   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Why would the texans draft a running back in the 1st round and we have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball.
Agreed. I think another stud RB is a huge need, but we need some secondary help badly.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #9
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Because a strong running game keeps the defense off the field. Look at our time of possession and you will where Kubiak is getting better at resting our defense.
Old 01-07-2009   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Wood adds depth to OL

You explained this better than I could.

Just wanted to add, I believe Brown and Brace become two of the big movers in this draft. I am just early to the party.
Old 01-07-2009   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You explained this better than I could.

Just wanted to add, I believe Brown and Brace become two of the big movers in this draft. I am just early to the party.
I agree about Brown but Brace seemed like an Okam clone.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 125714 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wood adds depth to OL

Ron Brace not listed top 5 DT on Draft Scout. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC
Old 01-08-2009   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 125714 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because a strong running game keeps the defense off the field. Look at our time of possession and you will where Kubiak is getting better at resting our defense.
Check out the running back thread, because we can fill that need on 2nd day. I have Green avail in 3rd, but many doubt that. Also, Ian Johnson from Boise in 4th and I have him in 5th.
Old 01-08-2009   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Ron Brace not listed top 5 DT on Draft Scout. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC
1st off everyone of the guys listed is an undertackle, with Raji having the ability to be a NT or an Undertackle.

Brace is the a stud, watch him play in the next few weeks. He will be the top 3 NT, NT being the position we are looking for with Okoye and TJ being prototype undertackles.
Old 01-08-2009   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Peria Jerry and BJ Raji will rival each other as to whose the first DT off the board. Jerry is the pass rushing UT where Raji is a run stopping NT that is good at rushing the passer. Brace may very well be the next NT in line after Raji. A team needing one of those type of DTs will most likely not be drafting Jerry or Marks or the So Cal guy.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think Peria Jerry and BJ Raji will rival each other as to whose the first DT off the board. Jerry is the pass rushing UT where Raji is a run stopping NT that is good at rushing the passer. Brace may very well be the next NT in line after Raji. A team needing one of those type of DTs will most likely not be drafting Jerry or Marks or the So Cal guy.
I've been on the Peria bandwagon awhile, but what is it thats so captivating about Raji & how does he fit the 4-3?
Old 01-10-2009   #17
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I've been on the Peria bandwagon awhile, but what is it thats so captivating about Raji & how does he fit the 4-3?
325lbs playing the UT. He has the athletic ability to split the double team, and the size to manhandle his way through to the backfield.

This season has a group of stud DTs, mainly UTs, coming out guys like Peria, and Ziggy Hood will be stars in the NFL once they figure the pro game and if the coaches utilize them correctly.
Old 01-10-2009   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This season has a group of stud DTs, mainly UTs, coming out guys like Peria, and Ziggy Hood will be stars in the NFL once they figure the pro game and if the coaches utilize them correctly.
I just don't agree. I see this being a poor DT class. There are some big names, but I'm not impressed by Raji, Brace, Peria, or Hood. I like Atkins some, but as a boarderline first day guy. The only DT I really like is Cody, and I don't think he is ready to come out this year.
Old 01-11-2009   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I just don't agree. I see this being a poor DT class. There are some big names, but I'm not impressed by Raji, Brace, Peria, or Hood. I like Atkins some, but as a boarderline first day guy. The only DT I really like is Cody, and I don't think he is ready to come out this year.
Qurious, what about Raji doesnt impress you?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #20
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Qurious, what about Raji doesnt impress you?
this is just not that impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAs7UtO5-S4

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM3Am...next=1&index=8

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read