Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-13-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hook'em About your Giants

Quote:
But now that the Giants have been eliminated from the playoffs thanks to Sunday's 23-11 loss to the Eagles, he has to come to terms with the fact that the same "big money" will likely separate him from close friend and fellow running back Derrick Ward before next season.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._split_up.html

I didn't watch any giants games or see Ward play. How was he?
I realize Jacobs was the Hammer when it came to running in side.

was he about like Steve Slaton?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hook'em About your Giants

Bradshaw admitted he wanted either Ward or Jacobs to leave. I'd say Bradshaw is the odd man out here.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #3
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Bradshaw admitted he wanted either Ward or Jacobs to leave. I'd say Bradshaw is the odd man out here.
That's how I would see it too - but Bradshaw's the only one of the three who's actually under contract... so it might be Ward who is going to move on.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I definitely sensed tension when they first interviewed "Earth Wind and Fire" together. They all claimed to be "equal" but when the reporter asked "Its crunch time. Down by 6. Who gets the ball?"

Jacobs basically said "Me" and the other guys looked a little taken aback.

I think he believes he's the clear #1, even though guys like Ward really consider it an equal partnership

Ward has 1025 rush yards, 2 TDs, (5.6 ypc) and 384 receptions yards (40 receptions)
Jacobs had 1089 rush yards, 15 TDs, (5 ypc) and 36 receiving yards (6 receptions)

So if anything, Ward did more this year in terms of yardage. Jacobs capitalized
Old 01-14-2009   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

They did a pre-game interview with the 3 of them this past Sunday and they all seemed to have a good relationship but the contract stuff did come up and I think it's a lock that somebody will be moving on. That's NOT a bad situation to have.

I've never seen a back as big as Jacobs with his talent. The guy's a monster.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I definitely sensed tension when they first interviewed "Earth Wind and Fire" together. They all claimed to be "equal" but when the reporter asked "Its crunch time. Down by 6. Who gets the ball?"

I think he believes he's the clear #1, even though guys like Ward really consider it an equal partnership

Ward has 1025 rush yards, 2 TDs, (5.6 ypc) and 384 receptions yards (40 receptions)
Jacobs had 1089 rush yards, 15 TDs, (5 ypc) and 36 receiving yards (6 receptions)

Thanks for the stats. Interesting...still value Jacobs over Ward, although Ward has had a better year in the yard dept. Would be interesting to see the free market interest in either of these two. I think its gotta be Ward off this offseason, they're not paying for all three, and of the two who have contracts up, I wouldn't let go of someone who will guarantee you red zone TD's, and grind out the short yardage, there are more speedy and receiving HB's in the league than reliable big guys.

Either one is going to make for fun FA bidding though.

P.S. Its hardly a 3 way partnership, I put Ward and Jacobs a fair bit ahead of Brawshaw.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

Every guy on the field should want the ball with the game on the line. No one should say "I want him to take the ball."
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read