Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2009   #1
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Lesson in Suffering...

So as many of you know, I am a diehard Titan fan. I have taken my lumps here, but all good, that's life when you're talking to fans that had Bud screw 'em hard.

Anyways, thought you'd appreciate this....

As I vented to my best friend about this weekends choke, I kept venting and venting....

Finally he asked me "are you through yet?" I asked him why.

He said, and I quote "Never ***** about your team to me. I'm a Lions fan."

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Lesson in Suffering...

Lol, that's pretty much trumps everything. I feel for those Lion fans, especially since there's no clear end in sight.

And yeah, you've been a good sport on this board. Much appreciated.
Old 01-13-2009   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

But really what is worse? As a Lions fan you are not expecting much. It definately hurts worse to have high expectations and then get crushed.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hahah thats funny!

Although over at gotitans titans fans are still saying texans fans talking smack is just the same as lions fans.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Hahah thats funny!

Although over at gotitans titans fans are still saying texans fans talking smack is just the same as lions fans.
Who knows, maybe that defeat the TEXANS handed them bruised their inflated egos to such an extent it sent them on a downward spiral, ending in a ONE AND OUT!! Never know!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hahah thats funny!

And I see their point. It doesn't change the fact that we beat them the last time they played us which in my world amounts to "STFU until we play you again and by the way, nice choke against Baltimore".
Old 01-13-2009   #7
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I guess someone forgot to tell Lendale White (or whoever it was that was yapping post game about the Texans) that this was the "Ravens superbowl" as well ...

And now that I think about it, it looks like this game was the Titans' Superbowl as well ... and they lost.
Old 01-13-2009   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I guess someone forgot to tell Lendale White (or whoever it was that was yapping post game about the Texans) that this was the "Ravens superbowl" as well ...

And now that I think about it, it looks like this game was the Titans' Superbowl as well ... and they lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
But really what is worse? As a Lions fan you are not expecting much. It definately hurts worse to have high expectations and then get crushed.
I remember when the Texans were this kind of team. You basically came to the game hoping they would be competitive and if not at least there was tailgating and a good time to be had with your "sellout crowd" of 35,000 fellow fans.

Now that we're actually supposed to be a "good team" I think the losses are a lot more painful to watch than they used to be.
Old 01-13-2009   #9
Polo

Tenessee played one more game than Detroit and the Texans. Their season amounted to nothing besides a lower draft pick.

Tenesse has the same amount of superbowls as the Lions and Texans.

A month ago a Titans fan would have thought you were crazy if you'd say that on Jan 13 the Cardinals would have a better shot at winning the superbowl than them.

Being a Titans fan has to hurt.

Last edited by Polo; 01-13-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-13-2009   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as Bud owns that team ..... I wish they would go 0-16 every year. Any win for that bastard is too many.

Buck Fud.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hahah thats funny!

Just remember, though, that their team will be doing the same thing ours will be doing come February 1.
Old 01-13-2009   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You know toronto, in the other thread you mentioned at least once that this loss was like "punch to the groin" or something along those lines and for some reason that reference stuck in my mind. I recalled something I'd seen a few years back and I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of why you feel this way.

Bud Adams payroll is a mysterious thing and not many people could tell you all of the names of people the Bud Man keeps in his employee. Below you'll find a very rare photograph of Bud Adams and Jeff Fisher meeting with longtime Oilers/Titans employee code-name "CockKnocker".

He's worked for the organization since roughly 1981 in the capacity of... well, I'd think that would be obvious.
Old 01-13-2009   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud, if you're reading this. Look at all the suffering you have caused. There are angry, frustrated, bitter and depressed Titan fans all over the place. Its just terrible.

If you truly love "your" team, I urge you to sell it to someone not in the Adams family. It was not enough to inflict your curse on Houston and the Upper Texas Gulf Coast, you had to spread your evil to Possum Holler.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

For the good of the NFL and the poor suffering Titan fans please sell the team to someone that does not possess your ability to ruin everything they touch. You are 86 years old for Christ's sake. It's never going to happen for you Bud.

ps. There's a rat living on your head.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read