Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2009   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Johnson may be out of Pro Bowl

Quote:
Fisher said Johnson had a high ankle sprain, was scheduled for an MRI, would have been doubtful this week for the AFC Championship Game if the Titans advanced and may not be able to play in the Pro Bowl on Feb 8.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...-Pro-Bowl.html

Steve Slaton anyone?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Johnson may be out of Pro Bowl

Isn't LT the first alternate? I don't know what his injury status is exactly but I would not be surprised if he skipped out this year with that groin of his. Looks like Steve might get in after all.
Old 01-12-2009   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Isn't LT the first alternate? I don't know what his injury status is exactly but I would not be surprised if he skipped out this year with that groin of his. Looks like Steve might get in after all.
I'd love this.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Definitely a couple of hurdles starting with CJ.... but its looking like a good possibility early on.
Old 01-12-2009   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I commented on this in the Ravens @ Titans game thread and I am genuinely sorry to hear this if it happens that way. Chris Johnson earned that trip to the Pro Bowl. I wouldn't mind if this scenario involved Ronnie Brown who I think has no business going over Slaton but that's not happening.
Old 01-12-2009   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I commented on this in the Ravens @ Titans game thread and I am genuinely sorry to hear this if it happens that way. Chris Johnson earned that trip to the Pro Bowl. I wouldn't mind if this scenario involved Ronnie Brown who I think has no business going over Slaton but that's not happening.
I wouldn't have any qualms with it considering he was a very legit candidate to begin with. Not anywhere near the gift VY got his rookie year.
Old 01-12-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't misunderstand me. I think Slaton deserved to go no matter what (It should have been Thomas Jones, Steve Slaton, and Chris Johnson in that order IMO) and so I'm not unhappy that Slaton would possibly get the nod if Johnson can't play. I'm just sorry for Chris Johnson because he earned it and would probably like to participate.
Old 01-12-2009   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Don't misunderstand me. I think Slaton deserved to go no matter what (It should have been Thomas Jones, Steve Slaton, and Chris Johnson in that order IMO) and so I'm not unhappy that Slaton would possibly get the nod if Johnson can't play. I'm just sorry for Chris Johnson because he earned it and would probably like to participate.
Agreed. Johnson had a great season and he earned it. I would have put him slightly over Slaton any way. Brown making it was a travesty.

That is why I could care less about who makes the pro bowls because it is pretty much a joke now days with the voting. And no one plays any way. If Slaton gets in, then good for him. It just really doesn't matter to me.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Ronnie Brown only made it over one damn game (that New England game).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Random question...is a player considered a Pro-Bowler if he's voted in but isn't able to participate in the game?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, I think so
Old 01-12-2009   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Random question...is a player considered a Pro-Bowler if he's voted in but isn't able to participate in the game?
Yes

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read