Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-12-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys LB Spencer arrested outside Indy bar

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Dallas Cowboys linebacker Anthony Spencer was arrested over the weekend after a disturbance outside a downtown Indianapolis nightclub.

Spencer was arrested on preliminary charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct about 3 a.m. Sunday outside the Have a Nice Day Cafe, city police Sgt. Matthew Mount said.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=506251

Well go ahead and add another one to the list of Cowboys players getting arrested and most likely put on probation. Man this list of Cowboys mal contents is long going back to the 90's. It just never stops. It just ups the Cowgirls con count.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys LB Spencer arrested outside Indy bar

Hey playing for Jerry Jones is enough to drive ANY man to drink. I'm amazed Troy Aikman didn't have a drinking problem.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Hey playing for Jerry Jones is enough to drive ANY man to drink. I'm amazed Troy Aikman didn't have a drinking problem.
No, it is exactly the opposite. What player wouldn't want to play for Jerry Jones? He clearly doesn't care if you get into any trouble or embarrass the team. Hell, he'll reward that kind if behavior and make you a team captain.

And yes playing for Jerry Jones will drive you to drink. Not because you're frustrated, but because it Jerry Jones will encourage it.
Old 01-12-2009   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Where have you guys been? I can't believe it took over 24 hours for this news to break. LOL, don't think a count down wasn't going on.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
Where have you guys been? I can't believe it took over 24 hours for this news to break. LOL, don't think a count down wasn't going on.
Well sorry we didn't get it up earlier, but what can we do?

Are you upset by this guy's actions or are you just used to it with the Cowboys?
Old 01-12-2009   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well sorry we didn't get it up earlier, but what can we do?

Are you upset by this guy's actions or are you just used to it with the Cowboys?
Players don't make me upset. Were you upset when Jacoby was arrested for DWI or when Pitts was tasered?

I really think you need a new hobby. The Cowboys are FAR from the most arrested team..not even close and you are taking something a few players did 15 years ago and then transferring it through the 15 years to a "every year" thing.

I'll copy what I said on this a long ways back....before PacMan did screw up again. You can google arrests in the NFL and get your answer yearly. I don't like arrests or guys like PacMan or Tank(who hasn't been in trouble as a Cowboy)but your enthusiasm is really off. I'm sure part of it is baiting.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=10

Quote:
See this is where I get peeved. When the Cowboys had problems it was 15 years ago. 15 YEARS. The Texans have had more DWIs and problems than the Cowboys since then. The Vikings, the Bengals and a ton of others have had a lot more arrests.

Let me run some stats real quick. In 2006 the Charger team had 3 people out there who ranged from selling cough syrup, to being shot by an off duty officer to a DEA probe. The Vikings led the league in arrests in 2003, 2004 and 2005. Denver had an average of 1-2 arrests every year from 2000-2006. In 2008 the Bears had 5 arrests...Tank twice, The Chargers 6, The Bengals 10...the Cowboys 1....a guy who came from the Texans and didn't even really play..Marcus Coleman.

...............Charles Haley was a mental case and did well in Dallas. Tank didn't get in trouble last year. I am just not going to pretend that the NFL doesn't have their good and bad.

http://www.forbes.com/leadership/200...w_0813nfl.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv..._12162006.html
Old 01-12-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Players don't make me upset. Were you upset when Jacoby was arrested for DWI or when Pitts was tasered?

I really think you need a new hobby. The Cowboys are FAR from the most arrested team..not even close and you are taking something a few players did 15 years ago and then transferring it through the 15 years to a "every year" thing.

I'll copy what I said on this a long ways back....before PacMan did screw up again. You can google arrests in the NFL and get your answer yearly. I don't like arrests or guys like PacMan or Tank(who hasn't been in trouble as a Cowboy)but your enthusiasm is really off. I'm sure part of it is baiting.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=10
New hobby? Sorry, but I just find Jerry Jones to be a disgraceful owner and the Cowboys currently are a disgraceful team. Anyone who knows anything about the NFL knows that the Cowboys go after a lot of the low lives. I'd list many of them but that would be a waste of time. You'll probably spin each example your own way. The bottom line of facts though recently is that you guys have TO destroying the team and Jerry doesn't care. James attacking fans and Jerry doesn't care, and now Spencer getting arrested as well and Jerry won't care. Oh, and let's not forget the fist fights that had to be broken up on the team flight after their loss to Philly.

I talked to tons of Cowboys fans every day and I remember when you guys got that team cancer egotistical jack ass in TO and I told tons of CowPokes fans that TO was a cancer and he would ruin their team. I had to listen to so man arrogant Cowgirls fans go on and on about how great TO was and how he had changed and how they were going to win a SB with him and blah blah blah. And TO did destroy the Cowboys this year, and finally some Dallas fans are finally owning up to it, but the majority of them that I talk to still try to stick up for him and spin it the other way and act like TO isn't that bad. I listened to a ton of Pan Man Jones apologists once they knew that he was on the Cowboys radar. They all of a sudden didn't care about what happened to Tommy Urbanski. And now look at what happened? Pac Man is being talked about with another shooting, and ONLY NOW Cowboys fans want him gone.

And why are you attacking the Texans on a Texans board. For one, the Texans are one of the classiest teams in the NFL and everyone knows that Mcnair doesn't bring in thugs and low lives if he knows about them before hand. We've had a few arrests but nothing major at all, and the worst one probably was Mathis and he was released right after it happened. When does Jerry Jones ever release anyone when they're arrested. He never does. What did Jerry do when Michael Irvin stabbed his own team mate on the team's property? Nothing, he kept that attempted murderer of his own team mate under wraps for years the sly little fox Jerry is and even made Irvin a team captain.

Hey, I used to be Cowboys fan myself. My whole family was. Up until the point where Jerry Jones bought the team and told Landry to get the hell out of town the way he did. We turned in our stars at that moment and I've never looked back ever since. You should as well. I could never root for a Jerry Jones owned team.
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2009   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

What no scrip club in Indy?
Old 01-12-2009   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

This hit my Dallas board after it first happened. Was wondering myself how/why it took so long to become a thread here.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
This hit my Dallas board after it first happened. Was wondering myself how/why it took so long to become a thread here.
Well, next time I'll try my best to have better timing fellas.
Old 01-12-2009   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, next time I'll try my best to have better timing fellas.
Do that....I saw the story a whole DAY before it hit here. You're getting lax..can't have that.

WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #12
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
New hobby? Sorry, but I just find Jerry Jones to be a disgraceful owner and the Cowboys currently are a disgraceful team. Anyone who knows anything about the NFL knows that the Cowboys go after a lot of the low lives. I'd list many of them but that would be a waste of time.
How's the air up there?

Quote:
You'll probably spin each example your own way. The bottom line of facts though recently is that you guys have TO destroying the team and Jerry doesn't care. James attacking fans and Jerry doesn't care, and now Spencer getting arrested as well and Jerry won't care. Oh, and let's not forget the fist fights that had to be broken up on the team flight after their loss to Philly.
How many of those nine losses did solely TO contribute. Do you suppose they lost because they were spending more time sulking because TO was on the them?

Quote:
[bold]I talked to tons [/bold]of Cowboys fans every day and I remember when you guys got that team cancer egotistical jack ass in TO and [bold]I told tons[/bold] of CowPokes fans that TO was a cancer and he would ruin their team.
What show do you host?

Quote:
I had to listen to so man arrogant Cowgirls fans go on and on about how great TO was and how he had changed and how they were going to win a SB with him and blah blah blah.
Why did you HAVE to listen. Mental cut and splice really works wonders when folk tend to talk too much

Quote:
And TO did destroy the Cowboys this year, and finally some Dallas fans are finally owning up to it, but the majority of them that I talk to still try to stick up for him and spin it the other way and act like TO isn't that bad.
I really think you are giving TO too much credit. However, why are you spending so much time talking to people that don't share your zeal?

Quote:
I listened to a ton of [bold]Pan Man[/bold] Jones apologists once they knew that he was on the Cowboys radar. They all of a sudden didn't care about what happened to Tommy Urbanski. And now look at what happened? Pac Man is being talked about with another shooting, and ONLY NOW Cowboys fans want him gone.
I'm no Pac Man (I assume that is who you are referring to)apologist. I don't hold it against Jerry to give Pac Man a chance, and I don't know of anyone who looked at it in any way other than giving a troubled player a chance and the ball was in his court on what he chose to do with the opportunitiy. As far as the second charge, I will give the benefit of the doubt until the truth becomes apparent, either way.

Quote:
And why are you attacking the Texans on a Texans board. For one, the Texans are one of the classiest teams in the NFL and everyone knows that Mcnair doesn't bring in thugs and low lives if he knows about them before hand. We've had a few arrests but nothing major at all, and the worst one probably was Mathis and he was released right after it happened. When does Jerry Jones ever release anyone when they're arrested. He never does.
I think that the taser incident was warrantless, although I wasn't there, and the Pitt incident was a non story as far as I was concerned, but most people do pull over and remain in their vehicle until the police gives the ok to proceed. Loose pit bulls is major, cars wrapped around trees could have killed innocent people in addition to the driver, domestic abuse x2 is major. I'm sure I could come up with more if I directed questions in the right places, but I really don't care enough to do so.

Quote:
What did Jerry do when Michael Irvin stabbed his own team mate on the team's property? Nothing, he kept that attempted murderer of his own team mate under wraps for years the sly little fox Jerry is and even made Irvin a team captain.
News to me, well not really in the purest sense of the term. The account seems to reek of histrionics.

Quote:
Hey, I used to be Cowboys fan myself.
BULL

Quote:
My whole family was. Up until the point where Jerry Jones bought the team and told Landry to get the hell out of town the way he did. We turned in our stars at that moment and I've never looked back ever since. You should as well. I could never root for a Jerry Jones owned team.
It appears there is a lot of looking back. I've more or less been in it for the long haul for teams that I'm a fan. I am not an Eagles fan, never have been, never will be. Will I keep up with their issues? Heck no! They can all have personal rap sheets, and I won't care any more or less than I do now. However, the indifferent attitude is usually the one that makes the boldest statement

Last edited by StarStruck; 01-12-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2009   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
New hobby? Sorry, but I just find Jerry Jones to be a disgraceful owner and the Cowboys currently are a disgraceful team. Anyone who knows anything about the NFL knows that the Cowboys go after a lot of the low lives. I'd list many of them but that would be a waste of time. You'll probably spin each example your own way. The bottom line of facts though recently is that you guys have TO destroying the team and Jerry doesn't care. James attacking fans and Jerry doesn't care, and now Spencer getting arrested as well and Jerry won't care. Oh, and let's not forget the fist fights that had to be broken up on the team flight after their loss to Philly.

I talked to tons of Cowboys fans every day and I remember when you guys got that team cancer egotistical jack ass in TO and I told tons of CowPokes fans that TO was a cancer and he would ruin their team. I had to listen to so man arrogant Cowgirls fans go on and on about how great TO was and how he had changed and how they were going to win a SB with him and blah blah blah. And TO did destroy the Cowboys this year, and finally some Dallas fans are finally owning up to it, but the majority of them that I talk to still try to stick up for him and spin it the other way and act like TO isn't that bad. I listened to a ton of Pan Man Jones apologists once they knew that he was on the Cowboys radar. They all of a sudden didn't care about what happened to Tommy Urbanski. And now look at what happened? Pac Man is being talked about with another shooting, and ONLY NOW Cowboys fans want him gone.

And why are you attacking the Texans on a Texans board. For one, the Texans are one of the classiest teams in the NFL and everyone knows that Mcnair doesn't bring in thugs and low lives if he knows about them before hand. We've had a few arrests but nothing major at all, and the worst one probably was Mathis and he was released right after it happened. When does Jerry Jones ever release anyone when they're arrested. He never does. What did Jerry do when Michael Irvin stabbed his own team mate on the team's property? Nothing, he kept that attempted murderer of his own team mate under wraps for years the sly little fox Jerry is and even made Irvin a team captain.

Hey, I used to be Cowboys fan myself. My whole family was. Up until the point where Jerry Jones bought the team and told Landry to get the hell out of town the way he did. We turned in our stars at that moment and I've never looked back ever since. You should as well. I could never root for a Jerry Jones owned team.
Dear Lord, get off your high horse and wake up. Talk about spinning. Did you even read the FACTS I printed for you or did you just gloss over them because you were already preaching and typing?

You can't name people because there aren't that many, You name Irvin and Nate Newton and maybe 3-4 other guys over a 15 year span but whiff completely that the 90s team was dominated by guys like Aikman, Moose, Novachek, Norton, Jr, etc, etc. Some of the best and most respected guys in the league. You fail to see the 99% of the team now that are good people. Since when did Tank get in trouble while in Dallas?When did TO get arrested or ever get in trouble off the field?Do I think TO is a punk..Yes, but not a bad citizen.

Again, if you want arguments we can spend all day looking at charitable players vs bad players but you are hidng about the NFL and the stats I just laid out for you saying that there are worse teams and that the FACT is that EVERY team in the league has a "few" bad seeds. Its just like society. I have friends that got DWIs in theit past and are good family guys with great jobs. Are they felons or thugs?Because that is how bad your argument has gotten. Yet you still don't acknowledge that the Texans have had their own. I can point it out because it is a Texans board and you opened the door...to use a law analogy..I am a lawyer..lol...to the questions. You can't just be obsessed with one team.

You have to be kidding on about a fight on a flight. If you think teams don't fight in the lockerroom, after games and in practice, you shouldn't be watching football. You are reaching with your go-go gadget desperation.

The FACT is that the NFL is a microcosm of society and every arrest doesn't add up to a bad person. People make amends and move forward. I don't like thugs on the team like PacMan but to me they spent nothing to give the guy a second chance and now he is on the street. I don't like his attitude or TOs. I don't like alot Jerry does but you really need to wake up, look at the facts, do some research and realize how much you are reaching compared to the rest of the guys on a 53 man roster.

Pitts, Jerome Mathis, Jacoby....all arrested but I don't think they are bad people and I don't put them on the face of the team. Stop being blinded by an ignorant few.

BTW, I hate that excuse of what Jerry did to Landry. He should and could have handled it better...ALOT better..but Landry was past his prime and needed to go and I'm a fan of the team for life, not the owner. People jumping ship is really weak. Do I think the Cowboys do everything right?No. Do I get annoyed with some of these guys in the team and what they stand for?Sure. Do I think they are the norm for the Cowboys?Not even close. Here is an article pointing out the stats of the NFL and real life and how they mirror each other

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/...like-ours.html

Here are additional arrests from 2007...wow, no Cowboys..except PacMan as a Titan and multiple Patriots...what thugs they are in NE

http://www.11alive.com/news/national...116921&catid=5

P.S.--My argument isn't spinning. It isn't even a Cowboy defense. It is just explaining a reality in pro sports.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-13-2009 at 12:51 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Ha ha ah ha, it appears that someone won't giving us a house warming gift (tickets) when we move into the new home.
Old 01-13-2009   #15
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ah, Frog, you need to get your facts straight. Pitts was never tasered, he was arrested for not stopping and pulling over. It was a misunderstanding with the police officer. He thought they wanted him to go, and when he left, the police went after him and arrested him when he pulled over. The case was dismissed in court I believe. I don't think Pitts would ever knowingly disobey a police officer's order, because his dad was a cop.

The one you're thinking of is Fred Weary who was pulled over by a female police officer. I think she panicked when he got out of the car and tasered him. The charges were dropped and I think Weary had a suit against the city. Not sure what happened after that.

As for Jacoby, I haven't heard the outcome, probably community service and probation. Don't know if he has a problem or not. And Mathis, well, he's long gone after all the trouble he was getting into during the off season (pit bulls on the loose, pregnant girlfriend beating, etc..).

Are the Texans personnel perfect? No! No one is, but I think McNair tries his best to have a team with as clean an image as possible. Some of the fans here don't like a clean image. They think we have to have some "bad apples" on the team just to get a mean attitude. All I can say is, don't hold your breath for us signing Pacman or any other so called troublemakers. It ain't gonna happen! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Ah, Frog, you need to get your facts straight. Pitts was never tasered, he was arrested for not stopping and pulling over. It was a misunderstanding with the police officer. He thought they wanted him to go, and when he left, the police went after him and arrested him when he pulled over. The case was dismissed in court I believe. I don't think Pitts would ever knowingly disobey a police officer's order, because his dad was a cop.

The one you're thinking of is Fred Weary who was pulled over by a female police officer. I think she panicked when he got out of the car and tasered him. The charges were dropped and I think Weary had a suit against the city. Not sure what happened after that.

As for Jacoby, I haven't heard the outcome, probably community service and probation. Don't know if he has a problem or not. And Mathis, well, he's long gone after all the trouble he was getting into during the off season (pit bulls on the loose, pregnant girlfriend beating, etc..).

Are the Texans personnel perfect? No! No one is, but I think McNair tries his best to have a team with as clean an image as possible. Some of the fans here don't like a clean image. They think we have to have some "bad apples" on the team just to get a mean attitude. All I can say is, don't hold your breath for us signing Pacman or any other so called troublemakers. It ain't gonna happen! JMHO!
Sorry for getting the guys confused. My bad..I knew one of the other linemen had traffic trouble too. I'm actually one of the people here that said that I thought the cops probably screwed Weary....not a big cop fan. My main point was that things have happened on this team despite trying their hardest to keep it clean and at no point did anyone associate it with the team or hold it against these guys. It's a double standard to do otherwise. Just because a guy makes a mistake or is arrested, as your examples pointed out, doesn't make them guilty or bad. As I said the league is just like society and you can't have a perfect 53. PacMan and a maybe a few others over the years have been over the top. I don't like them on my team but it happens. As I pointed out in the articles teams like Denver...where our staff was..and other teams have had more trouble by far this decade yet no one associates it with their team like they do Dallas and that is because of the early 1990s team and maybe 3-5 players over those years. So the vikings lead the league in arrests for 3 years and Denver averages 1-2 per year from 2000-2006 yet no one notices or cares...why?Because they aren't the Cowboys where people love them or hate them.

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-13-2009   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dear Lord, get off your high horse and wake up. Talk about spinning. Did you even read the FACTS I printed for you or did you just gloss over them because you were already preaching and typing?

You can't name people because there aren't that many, You name Irvin and Nate Newton and maybe 3-4 other guys over a 15 year span but whiff completely that the 90s team was dominated by guys like Aikman, Moose, Novachek, Norton, Jr, etc, etc. Some of the best and most respected guys in the league. You fail to see the 99% of the team now that are good people. Since when did Tank get in trouble while in Dallas?When did TO get arrested or ever get in trouble off the field?Do I think TO is a punk..Yes, but not a bad citizen.

Again, if you want arguments we can spend all day looking at charitable players vs bad players but you are hidng about the NFL and the stats I just laid out for you saying that there are worse teams and that the FACT is that EVERY team in the league has a "few" bad seeds. Its just like society. I have friends that got DWIs in theit past and are good family guys with great jobs. Are they felons or thugs?Because that is how bad your argument has gotten. Yet you still don't acknowledge that the Texans have had their own. I can point it out because it is a Texans board and you opened the door...to use a law analogy..I am a lawyer..lol...to the questions. You can't just be obsessed with one team.

You have to be kidding on about a fight on a flight. If you think teams don't fight in the lockerroom, after games and in practice, you shouldn't be watching football. You are reaching with your go-go gadget desperation.

The FACT is that the NFL is a microcosm of society and every arrest doesn't add up to a bad person. People make amends and move forward. I don't like thugs on the team like PacMan but to me they spent nothing to give the guy a second chance and now he is on the street. I don't like his attitude or TOs. I don't like alot Jerry does but you really need to wake up, look at the facts, do some research and realize how much you are reaching compared to the rest of the guys on a 53 man roster.

Pitts, Jerome Mathis, Jacoby....all arrested but I don't think they are bad people and I don't put them on the face of the team. Stop being blinded by an ignorant few.

BTW, I hate that excuse of what Jerry did to Landry. He should and could have handled it better...ALOT better..but Landry was past his prime and needed to go and I'm a fan of the team for life, not the owner. People jumping ship is really weak. Do I think the Cowboys do everything right?No. Do I get annoyed with some of these guys in the team and what they stand for?Sure. Do I think they are the norm for the Cowboys?Not even close. Here is an article pointing out the stats of the NFL and real life and how they mirror each other

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/...like-ours.html

Here is additional arrests from 2007...wow, no Cowboys..except PacMan as a Titan and multiple Patriots...what thugs they are in NE

http://www.11alive.com/news/national...116921&catid=5

P.S.--My argument isn't spinning. It isn't even a Cowboy defense. It is just explaining a reality in pro sports.
I don't need you to try explaining to me about the differences between arrests and how regular people get them. I know this. You seem to be missing the point. Jerry Jones has always made it apparent that he doesn't care at all how many times a guy gets arrested or for what the crimes are. NO TEAM IN THE NFL SHOULD PICK UP PAC MAN. All of his arrests just about have involved violence and where he has assaulted women more than once, jumped bouncers in night clubs and even had one shot, bitten a police officer, I mean hell I could go on and on.

It's the types of stuff that certain players do. Michael Irvin stabbed his own team mate over an argument over hair cut or something like that on the team's property. How do you stab another employee of the company you work for and not only not go to jail but become a team captain? Don't even try to explain or rationalize that one.

All anyone has to do is pay attention to the NFL the last 5 to 6 years and it isn't hard to figure it out that Jerry and Mike Brown of the Bengals go after a lot more of the embarrassing types of players. I have never expected players to be perfect, but I don't want my owner going after guys like Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry.

And when did I ever mention TO gettin problems with the law. Never accused him of that. TO's problems are much worse. He berades team mates all over the sidelines and creates internal problems within his QB and other WR's and divides team mates. What I don't like to see and what I don't respect is the way Jerry doesn't shut him down and make him STFU!! I'll respect the Eagles organization because they sent him packing when he caused all those problems. As great of a player as he was, they had their STANDARDS and PRINCIPALS unlike the Cowboys. They'll only empower TO even more. What you fail to realize is that even though I may hate the COwboys, I still have admiration for certain players on the team like Witten, Romo, and Barber, and I hate to see their season end in termoil and have to deal with such a cancerish clown who has already done this crap to two other teams. I don't like to see any owner of any team allow a guy like TO to act the way he does. It just makes you lose more respect for them and how they run their organization.

Now I'm sure you respond with a few example players from this team or that team, but I'm aware every team has arrests here and there and every team has a negative. I'm not happy with every thing Mcnair does either, but Jerry Jones is an apple from a different type of tree. And that is a tree that I wouldn't want to eat any apples from. I don't care for food poisoning.
Old 01-13-2009   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
I don't need you to try explaining to me about the differences between arrests and how regular people get them. I know this. You seem to be missing the point. Jerry Jones has always made it apparent that he doesn't care at all how many times a guy gets arrested or for what the crimes are. NO TEAM IN THE NFL SHOULD PICK UP PAC MAN. All of his arrests just about have involved violence and where he has assaulted women more than once, jumped bouncers in night clubs and even had one shot, bitten a police officer, I mean hell I could go on and on.

It's the types of stuff that certain players do. Michael Irvin stabbed his own team mate over an argument over hair cut or something like that on the team's property. How do you stab another employee of the company you work for and not only not go to jail but become a team captain? Don't even try to explain or rationalize that one.

All anyone has to do is pay attention to the NFL the last 5 to 6 years and it isn't hard to figure it out that Jerry and Mike Brown of the Bengals go after a lot more of the embarrassing types of players. I have never expected players to be perfect, but I don't want my owner going after guys like Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry.

And when did I ever mention TO gettin problems with the law. Never accused him of that. TO's problems are much worse. He berades team mates all over the sidelines and creates internal problems within his QB and other WR's and divides team mates. What I don't like to see and what I don't respect is the way Jerry doesn't shut him down and make him STFU!! I'll respect the Eagles organization because they sent him packing when he caused all those problems. As great of a player as he was, they had their STANDARDS and PRINCIPALS unlike the Cowboys. They'll only empower TO even more. What you fail to realize is that even though I may hate the COwboys, I still have admiration for certain players on the team like Witten, Romo, and Barber, and I hate to see their season end in termoil and have to deal with such a cancerish clown who has already done this crap to two other teams. I don't like to see any owner of any team allow a guy like TO to act the way he does. It just makes you lose more respect for them and how they run their organization.

Now I'm sure you respond with a few example players from this team or that team, but I'm aware every team has arrests here and there and every team has a negative. I'm not happy with every thing Mcnair does either, but Jerry Jones is an apple from a different type of tree. And that is a tree that I wouldn't want to eat any apples from. I don't care for food poisoning.
It's funny then that Jerry Jones and McNair are best buds in the NFL and that McNair has even praised Jerry.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/...e.375c214.html

Quote:
Jones has also gained a friend and another big-market ally in NFL circles. Jones said McNair was "one of the top four to five owners" the moment he stepped into the league. He values McNair's integrity and commitment and took a boat trip with him this summer.

"He fires me up," Jones said.

"We're good friends," McNair said. "We work on a lot of things together that are league matters, and we're usually on the same side of the fence.

"As this has gone forward and we've gotten to know each other well, I'd say there is a high level of trust. We talk about a lot of things that are important to each of us and are helpful to each other.
"
So it doesn't look like their "trees" are too different..lol

You keep bringing up PacMan and that signing and then the Bengals now. You know the examples I gave of Denver, Minny, etc are just as bad..keeping players and resigning or signing players is the same thing. So I'm not sure know I'd now that Jerry ALWAYS makes it apparent that he loves to sign bad players. If that is the case why did he sign Zach Thomas and many others?You are missing the point. You are generalizing so much that you can't see that there are ALOT of teams that are no different. They just don't have the publicity.

As for Irvin. He was years ago. Again, in the same vein as the 90s team I talked about. He was a leader, etc. He had issues and as far as I know has exorcised many of them. That isn't an excuse for his past behavior. But as I said above..you are forgetting 13-15 years in between and are making a few on that team and PacMan your rallying cry for Jones having no morals without looking at the reality of the last decade or more. You can't take the giant leaps you are taking. Why not write Denver posts?They seem just as bad..or Charger posts...that's right, you arent obsessed with hating them.

Again, there are no excuses, you just can see the reality of the NFL and that your hatred for one team clouds the reality of what has been going on around the league.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 01-13-2009 at 01:30 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

This hasn't been updated in a little while, but it's a good snapshot:

Quote:
AFC EAST
N.E. 16
Buffalo 12
Miami 3
N.Y. Jets 3

AFC NORTH
Cincinnati 15
Cleveland 12
Pittsburgh 9
Baltimore 3

AFC South
Tennessee 25
Jacksonville 16
Indianapolis 12
Houston 6 <-----------

AFC WEST
Denver 31
San Diego 13
Oakland 6
Kansas City 6

NFC EAST
N.Y. Giants 26
Philadelphia 22
Dallas 6<-----------
Washington 0

NFC North
Detroit 30
Minnesota 13
Green Bay 10
Chicago 6

NFC South
Carolina 18
New Orleans 10
Atlanta 9
Tampa Bay 6

NFC West
Arizona 18
Seattle 9
San Francisco 6
St. Louis 0
PFT Turd Watch Standings
Old 01-13-2009   #20
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Stop trying to bring up all of this stuff about Mcnair and Jerry Jones being carbon copies of one another. They are nothing alike. So they are friends? And? Until Mcnair is going way out of his way to sign an attempted murderer and begging the commish to reinstate him then you can talk about the similarities, but right now there are none. If you want to talk about an owner who has similarities to Jones, then you've got Mike Brown and Al Davis. There was an article just last week asking the question is Jerry Jones AL Davis 2.0? I'd say he is getting to that point.

Another thing that many people hate about Jerry Jones including myself is his arrogant way of thinking he is like a coach and how he won't allow his coaches to do their job without interfering and medaling. As a fan I would hate that. He screws with the cohesiveness between the coaching staff and the players and he has done that for years. Everyone knows that is why Jimmy left. everyone knows that is what ultimately made Parcells want to get the hell out of Dallas. And now everyone knows that is exactly why he wants an under achieving coach like Phillips to coach there because he is a YES MAN.

And while you keep trying to paint this picture like I'm not aware of what goes on around the NFL is a freaking joke. I'm about as informed about the NFL as anyone you'll find. You just don't want to face the reality of what killed the Cowboys this season, and a ton of us predicted this before the season. The Cowboys had one of the most talented teams I had ever seen coming into this season, and they couldn't even make the playoffs and got embarrassed relentlessly down the last stretch of the season, but yet you keep acting like I'm making all of these reaches here and making all of these exaggerations. Sorry, but the current state of the Cowboys is proof that what I've been saying this entire time has is true. I could care less of how deep your denial is, but again the reality is that the Cowboys were the SB favorite and couldn't even win their last game in Texas Stadium or make it to the playoffs. Tank was jawing at team mates and whaling around after a pretty average season. TO was all over the sidelines spreading his poison, Phillips was just sitting around with his jaw wide open looking like Dom Capers, James attacking fans, Roy Williams looking like he isn't even good enough to hold Kevin Walter's jock strap after trading away those picks and giving that overrated guy all of that money, Romo looking like he is stressed out and not enjoying football anymore, and Newman calling people cowards. Did I leave anything out? I actually did. Not enough time to write about everything that happened.

Any way all of that is a result and consequence of Jerry being typical Jerry and trying to sign Big Name guys and Big time talents without even caring to think about chemistry. He likes the splashy names he feels that the splashy name guys to quote him bring the "GLITTER AND GLITZ". What you fail to realize is that I'm not just talking about players getting into trouble, I'm talking about POOR CHARACTER guys. When you have enough of them in one locker room you get what you got this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read