Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2009   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Looking for Large Prints of Texans Photographs

So I am looking for a place that I can buy large photograph prints of the Texans players. All I've been able to find are 8x10, but wanted to see if you guys knew where I could get blown up shots, such as 16x20 or larger.

Thanks everyone!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking for Large Prints of Texans Photographs

Lifesize Andre Johnson Fathead?
http://www.fathead.com/nfl/houston-t...andre-johnson/
Old 01-10-2009   #3
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks gtexan, but I'm looking for something I can frame
Old 01-15-2009   #4
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1113 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

You can buy ESPN cover prints for 50 bucks (20x24). There are the two Mario covers available. They even have larger ones that cost 120.

www.espnmag.com/covers
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #5
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking he's wanting the ones you see hanging at the Texans' store at the stadium, but I don't think they sell those....you can ask where they got em made though.
Old 01-15-2009   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
So I am looking for a place that I can buy large photograph prints of the Texans players. All I've been able to find are 8x10, but wanted to see if you guys knew where I could get blown up shots, such as 16x20 or larger.

Thanks everyone!
That photo they have in Reliant of Faggins standing in front of the Bull Pen is one of the best photos I've ever seen as far as in game football pictures. Someone in here has it as their avatar. They have it in the hall way at Reliant all blown up and it is fabulous. I wouldn't mind having that one myself.

I don't know exactly where you could go. You might want to google Texans images from photographers and you might be able to come up with something.

Other than that if you go to Google images and find something you like you might be able to save it and put it on a USB drive and take it somewhere and have it blown up yourself and get it even cheaper that way.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

BullPen Andy always takes a ton of pictures and posts them here and on his website. I would check through those, and then maybe email him to request the original so you could have it blown up, like Texecutioner suggested
Old 01-15-2009   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
BullPen Andy always takes a ton of pictures and posts them here and on his website. I would check through those, and then maybe email him to request the original so you could have it blown up, like Texecutioner suggested
Yeah, I'm actually a photographer in hobby and I have photos blown up all of the time. Wolfe Camera does a very good job, but there are even better places to go than that. I think if he just got a picture off of Google that he liked, he could blow it up just fine.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #9
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

For cheap...err...."inexpensive" blowups, Ritz Camera is a thought.

For high-end, high-quality "expensive" ones, I'd suggest somewhere like Houston Photo Imaging (One location on Gulfton, other at Shepherd & Westheimer)
Old 01-16-2009   #10
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

This is better than google:

http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone...eWallpaper.asp

But I don't know about taking them somewhere and having them enlarged. Anything you pull off the internet has a copyright to it...best option would be to contact the photographer. Or if you have a nice printer and good paper these images are pretty large and print out nice and clean.

You can also buy prints from places like Getty Images or Corbis...they can be expensive.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #11
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Hey thanks everyone for the replies! These are all great ideas! The one question I have is, if I take one of the internet, aren't the pixels compressed, leaving me with a less than quality image to enlarge?

If the answer is no, or if there is a way to correct the pixels, then this would be perfect!

And yes, that's exactly what I want to do. Blow up the game photos, have the player or players sign them, and then frame them for my game room.
Old 01-16-2009   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Looking for Large Prints of Texans Photographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Hey thanks everyone for the replies! These are all great ideas! The one question I have is, if I take one of the internet, aren't the pixels compressed, leaving me with a less than quality image to enlarge?

If the answer is no, or if there is a way to correct the pixels, then this would be perfect!

And yes, that's exactly what I want to do. Blow up the game photos, have the player or players sign them, and then frame them for my game room.

99 out of 100 times the images on the internet are compressed and will not make even a good 8x10. See the PM I sent you or find some pictures on texansbullpen.com to get high resolution photos (like people said above, Andy is usually willing to send out un-watermarked pictures for people's prviate use).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #13
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

The one's on houstontexans.com are pretty large. For example:

Old 01-16-2009   #14
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Would that be large enough to blow up to a 16x20?
Old 01-17-2009   #15
swisher
Old School

Unless you have the original file your going to run into problems printing that large. But, I've printed this size 8.5 x 11 on a nice laser printer and it came out fine, so I imagine 16 x 20 would look okay. Not super crisp, but okay.

If you intend to frame them, then I assume they will be viewed from a distance, in which case you probably wouldn't notice much, if any, of the softness or artifacts at all.

But again, with that said, these are copyrighted images. I don't know if you can have them professionally printed with out permission from the photographer. In other words, you would be stealing...but that's up to you.
Old 01-21-2009   #16
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here you go Ash! A couple of 16x20 of AJ!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANDRE-JOHNSON-Ho...3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANDRE-JOHNSON-UN...3286.m20.l1116

I some rep for finding it for you!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #17
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

http://gallery.pictopia.com/espnmag/...:2766467/?o=24

buy this one u get mario and some hot cheerleaders
Old 01-24-2009   #18
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
http://gallery.pictopia.com/espnmag/...:2766467/?o=24

buy this one u get mario and some hot cheerleaders
I got that picture signed my him at training camp this year. .I love that thing!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read