Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who should we take?
DE Brian Orakpo 13 32.50%
LB Brandon Spikes 0 0%
FS Taylor Mays 10 25.00%
NT B.J. Raji 5 12.50%
CB Malcolm Jenkins 2 5.00%
LB Rey Maualuga 3 7.50%
LB Aaron Curry 4 10.00%
DEMichael Johnson 0 0%
FS William Moore 0 0%
DE/OLB Everette Brown 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2009   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If available at 15 who should the Texans select?

What do you think?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #2
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If available at 15 who should the Texans select?

Me personally, I am going to choose a secondary player. Orakpo and Jenkins are hard to pass up though.

Mays gives us a presence in the secondary that was lacking most of our existence.
Old 01-08-2009   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to put down Raji so bad but you can't pass up a cornerback like Jenkins. This is assuming those players were available... Jenkins is it. Potential true shut down cornerback. I think our cb's are okay and have a lot of potential, we've got bigger areas of need... but adding Jenkins would make our CB's the strength of our team... it would rival our wr's. Get a safety in the 2nd? and we'd have a Super, Young secondary. A DL coach like Marinelli could get us some DL fa's or a 3rd rd DT/DE...

Malcolm Jenkins, Dunta Robinson, Jacques Reeves, Fred Bennett and Antwan Molden.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Curry. This team could use some help bad at LB.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mays is tempting but I don't think you can pass up Orakpo. Mario & Orakpo would be a scary D-line.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams' clone
Old 01-08-2009   #7
Polo

I have no clue....

I need to see them run around in shorts first
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2009   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Mays as #1 but Orakpo is 1A . I would also like to see more of E. Brown , Curry , Raji , or Jenkins depending on Dunta .

Guys I don't like are M. Johnson and W. Moore .
Old 01-08-2009   #9
Polo

I'm going to have to go with Orakpo for one reason.

If something happens to Mario and we don't have atleast a "B" rated player on the other side of him we'll be screwed.
Old 01-08-2009   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
If something happens to Mario and we don't have atleast a "B" rated player on the other side of him we'll be screwed.
Not knocking your thinking one bit because I agree with it 100% but what happens if heaven forbid Steve Slaton goes down!??!?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of these guys won't be available at #15 but if they were it'd be a really tough choice.

1. Aaron Curry
1a. Malcolm Jenkins
1b. Taylor Mays
1c. Everette Brown
2. Brian Orakpo
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #12
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Not knocking your thinking one bit because I agree with it 100% but what happens if heaven forbid Steve Slaton goes down!??!?
That's why I want us to go RB in the second or third...And it's also why I son't want a bruiser...

We need a back up RB who can function as more than just a short yardage guy...
Old 01-08-2009   #13
pittbull3
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 pittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden coverpittbull3 could be on the next Madden cover

You know my answer........"Starting at safety, #22, out of USC, Taylor Mays!"
Old 01-08-2009   #14
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm surprised no one has picked Raji yet.

I picked Curry, because with him, our LB corps will be frightening.
Old 01-08-2009   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

What if the BPA at #15 is Oher , Monroe , or one of the other elite LT's ?
Old 01-08-2009   #16
Killer Bee
Rookie

Rep Power: 487 Killer Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respectedKiller Bee is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Orakpo, but here’s my short list of who I’d take for team needs. Maybe one will fall to 15.

1. DE Orakpo
2. FS Mays
3. NT Raji
4. DE Brown
5. LB Curry (best talent)
6. CB Jenkins (2nd best talent)
I’m not so crazy about drafting any of the others at 15. MLB is not a need.
Old 01-08-2009   #17
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

You forgot none of the above !
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Orakpo is an obvious first priority IMO, followed by Mays. I would be beyond satisfied with either of those guys, but the chances are pretty slim I think.
Old 01-08-2009   #19
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I have no clue....

I need to see them run around in shorts first
Classic.
Old 01-08-2009   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's too early to tell. I still need to see Mel hype some of these guys up so I can bump them down some. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read