Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-06-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoffs already making me anxious

As a fan of the Giants I don't like this matchup vs the Eagles. I was so rooting for the Vikings because that would have landed the Cardinals at the Meadowlands on Sunday. The Cardinals won't win on the road.

The Eagles even when they are down are always dangerous because they are a division rival. Now they are hot, have no real pressure (because they weren't supposed to be in the playoffs), and would love nothing more than eliminate their #1 rival.

These facts coupled with the fact that the Titans are the #1 seed and have a legimate shot at reaching the Super Bowl are putting me on edge this week.

I've got that feeling where I want to put my hands over my eyes because I can't bear to watch.

If Baltimore can take out the Titans I will relax a bit more no matter what the Giants do.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoffs already making me anxious

The Ravens are probably going to give the Titans all they can handle this weekend.

But, as a closet Eagle fan, I'm really looking forward to the game against the Giants. But these are two really good teams. It could go either way.

Gonna be some good games the rest of the way out.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Giants are absolutely going to steamroll the Eagles.

I had thought the Titans would win the Ravens game but I caught some of the Miami game last week and they look like a team on a mission. They'd be the one team...either conference...I would not want to face right about now.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I think its going to be Steelers and Panthers in the superbowl this year
Old 01-06-2009   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Honestly, I think its going to be Steelers and Panthers in the superbowl this year
I could see the Panthers going. If the Eagles take down the Giants I think it ends there for them. If the Giants get passed the Eagles then they are going to have to the beat the Panthers again at the Meadowlands. That won't be an easy task since they barely escaped them a couple of weeks ago.

The Steelers on the other hand, I don't know. They really impressed me when they played the Giants in a losing effort however since then they have looked real shakey even in victory. I could even see them losing to the Chargers.

The Ravens are very dangerous however how far will they go with a rookie QB?

I hate to say it but it looks like the AFC is the Titans to lose. They should win it however we can all hope the Bud Curse will sprout it's ugly head.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I could see the Panthers going. If the Eagles take down the Giants I think it ends there for them. If the Giants get passed the Eagles then they are going to have to the beat the Panthers again at the Meadowlands. That won't be an easy task since they barely escaped them a couple of weeks ago.

The Steelers on the other hand, I don't know. They really impressed me when they played the Giants in a losing effort however since then they have looked real shakey even in victory. I could even see them losing to the Chargers.

The Ravens are very dangerous however how far will they go with a rookie QB?

I hate to say it but it looks like the AFC is the Titans to lose. They should win it however we can all hope the Bud Curse will sprout it's ugly head.
The Titans certainly appear to be the favorites, but I just don't see a team like them succeeding when they have such a flawed offense. We were able to shut their run game down, so I have no doubt someone else will be able to as well.

The Titans strength is their run game, but I don't think its nearly as good as its cracked up to be. Their defense is probably 3rd best out of the AFC
Old 01-07-2009   #7
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Being a big Giants fan as well, if they get past Philly this weekend, they will make it back to the SB !!!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Being a big Giants fan as well, if they get past Philly this weekend, they will make it back to the SB !!!!
I think they'll easily get by Philly, but I'd be more concerned about the Panthers.

The Panthers have the best all around team in the NFC, IMO. They've got a solid QB, some great WRs, and one of the best RB duos in the NFL. Plus, a pretty great defense.

If the Giants still had Plaxico I'd pick them. But right now I like the Panthers
Old 01-07-2009   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The Titans certainly appear to be the favorites, but I just don't see a team like them succeeding when they have such a flawed offense. We were able to shut their run game down, so I have no doubt someone else will be able to as well.

The Titans strength is their run game, but I don't think its nearly as good as its cracked up to be. Their defense is probably 3rd best out of the AFC
Also, one thing to take into consideration is how the Titans coasted into the play-offs. Its never a good thing to rest people so much. Ask The Colts about the last 6 years. The one time they went all the way, they had to fight till the very end of the season for seeding, ect.
Old 01-07-2009   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I hope Philly goes all the way in the NFC honestly. I want McNabb to have a ring. Then next year, give it to the Panthers. Then after that, the Texans.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 01-07-2009 at 05:05 PM.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Bite your tongue!!! Now my gut is all twisted just thinking of that fat, evil slug getting a chance to wrap his slimy appendages around that magnificent trophy.
Old 01-07-2009   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Bite your tongue!!! Now my gut is all twisted just thinking of that fat, evil slug getting a chance to wrap his slimy appendages around that magnificent trophy.
Freaky! Thats exactly what Han said!!

(Sorry for the ad, I couldn't figure out how to host this on the mb)

Last edited by gtexan02; 01-07-2009 at 09:54 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read