Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-01-2004   #21
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
Every team in the NFL uses some zone blocking. This isn't like they are switching to the Wing-t or anything.
I was just stating that I think they need more time to get used to eachother before they try something like Z blocking.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

They already use some zone schemes. They will just use more now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004   #23
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
They already use some zone schemes. They will just use more now.
Ahhh. How do you think the size will affect the scheme?

Broncos Average: 287.8 lbs.

6'7" 295 Salaam -T
6'4" 283 Hamilton -G
6'3" 286 Nalen -C
6'2" 285 Neil -G
6'4" 290 Lepsis -T

Texans Average: 314.6 lbs.

6'7" 327 Wand -T
6'3" 320 Pitts -G
6'4" 302 McKinney -C
6'5" 309 Weigert -G
6'8" 315 Wade -T

Could a line being a bit slower affect the scheme that much?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004   #24
J-Man
Veteran

Slower may be a somewhat relative term here...guys we have on the line are for the most part pretty quick on their feet for guys their size (yes, even Pitts and McKinney!). I don't see that it will effect us that much to be honest, as long as the guys are executing as per the scheme they will be OK. I think that if anything they might be able to create more daylight once they engage their individual assignments.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Ahhh. How do you think the size will affect the scheme?
I'm sure we are not 100% emulating the Bronco scheme, and they have been drafting a bit larger lately. 6-5, 338 lb George Foster is penciled in to start for them @ RT this season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004   #26
DominatorDavis
Veteran

We are definately not emulating the Broncos scheme. There is no thinking about it. I do hope with an open heart and mind that we are not compared with the failures or successes of the Broncos line all year long. That would get me a little frosted. Who brought up the idea of the Broncos anyway? I hope that it was not Pendry or Palmer.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read