Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-04-2009   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Underclassmen Declarations for 2009

Offense
Josh Freeman QB - Kansas State
Matt Stafford Qb -Georgia

Andre Smith OT - Alabama
Eben Britton OT - Arizona

Kenny Britt WR - Rutgers
Hakeem Nicks WR - NC
Michael Crabtree WR - Texas Tech

Andrew Davie TE - Arkansas
James Casey TE - Rice

Donald Brown RB - UCONN
Shonn Greene RB - Iowa
Brandon Mason RB - Stony Brook
Knowshon Moreno RB - Georgia

Defense
Sen’Derrick Marks DT - Auburn
Ricky Jean-Francois DT - LSU

Everette Brown DE - Florida State

Gerald McRath LB - Southern Mississippi

Vontae Davis CB - Illinois
D.J. Moore CB - Vanderbilt
Captain Munnerlyn CB - South Carolina
Jerraud Powers CB - Auburn

Emanuel Cook FS/SS - South Carolina
Anthony Reddick FS - Miami

will update as they come in

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2...erclassmen.php

Last edited by Kaiser Toro; 01-08-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Underclassmen Declarations for 2009

direct from the source-

Quote:
Connecticut’s Donald Brown showed he has nothing left to prove at the college level. Brown ran for a career-best 261 yards in his final college game, becoming the 14th player in major college history to run for 2,000 yards in a season, the junior running back broke the bad news to UConn fans. “OK, tell them, bud,” coach Randy Edsall said, slapping Brown on the back at the postgame interview table. “I’m not coming back,” Brown said. “I’m going to pursue the NFL.” - AP Sports
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Hampton DT Chris Baker is entering the 2009 NFL draft:

Quote:
Sources close to Hampton DT Chris Baker have said that he plans to enter the 2009 NFL Draft after receiving a 4th round grade from the NFL Advisory Board. Baker, 6'2, 298 pounds, is a former Penn State standout who had been kicked off the team after facing charges after two separate fights involving Nittany Lions football players and other students on April 1 and Oct. 7, 2007. He pleaded guilty to two counts of misdemeanor assault and criminal trespass, received two years of probation and paid $2,500 in restitution. Baker followed this setback by landing at Hampton where he received a second chance and earned 1st team All-MEAC honors after collecting 69 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, 13 quarterback pressures, and one blocked field goal this year.
LINK
Old 01-05-2009   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great idea for a thread like this. Keep in mind these players still have the option to withdraw from the draft. I forget when the deadline is, but I think it's like 4 weeks before the draft (so long as they havn't signed an agent)?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Great idea for a thread like this. Keep in mind these players still have the option to withdraw from the draft. I forget when the deadline is, but I think it's like 4 weeks before the draft (so long as they havn't signed an agent)?
January 15: Deadline for underclassmen to apply for early entry to NFL draft

January 18: Deadline for underclassmen to withdraw application for early entry to NFL draft
Old 01-05-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this is the one I've been expecting & wanting. I know the Texans are pretty set @ WR but if Nicks is available in the 2nd I can't imagine a better player available?

Quote:
North Carolina wide receiver Hakeem Nicks said Monday he will forego his final year of collegiate eligibility and enter the 2009 NFL Draft. A 6-1, 210-pound junior, Nicks set UNC single-season records in 2008 for receiving yards (1,222) and touchdowns (12). In his final game against West Virginia in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, he caught eight passes for a UNC-bowl record 217 yards and three touchdowns. “I have decided to file the paperwork necessary to enter the 2009 NFL Draft,” said Nicks. “I met with Coach (Butch) Davis after the game and I appreciate the feedback he gave me and the support he has provided during the decision-making process. His contacts in the NFL are invaluable.”
Old 01-05-2009   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Offense
Josh Freeman QB - Kansas State

Andre Smith OT - Alabama
Eben Britton OT - Arizona

Kenny Britt WR - Rutgers

Andrew Davie TE - Arkansas

Donald Brown RB - UCONN
Shonn Greene RB - Iowa
Brandon Mason RB - Stony Brook

Defense
Sen’Derrick Marks DT - Auburn
Ricky Jean-Francois DT - LSU

Vontae Davis CB - Illinois
D.J. Moore CB - Vanderbilt
Captain Munnerlyn CB - South Carolina

Emanuel Cook FS/SS - South Carolina
Anthony Reddick FS - Miami

Eric Norwood OLB - South Carolina

will update as they come in

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2...erclassmen.php
Eric Norwood did declare, but changed his mind. He is going back to school.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2009   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any word on Trevard Lindley? I really like this guys game.
Old 01-05-2009   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Rice TE James Casey declares.
Old 01-05-2009   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Southern Mississippi junior linebacker Gerald McRath to enter NFL draft

Quote:
Southern Mississippi junior linebacker Gerald McRath said Sunday night that he will enter the NFL draft.

"I've graduated with a degree in sports administration and business and now I want to work my butt off for the pros," McRath said from his Georgia home.

McRath, 6-foot-3, 220 pounds, can play inside or outside linebacker. He is a Conference USA defensive player of the year winner and a two-time first-team all-conference selection.

McRath had 127 tackles, two forced fumbles and two recovered fumbles this season. He has 386 tackles, 32½ tackles for loss and eight sacks in his career.

"I'm a unique player who can bring a lot of speed," McRath said.

Southern Mississippi ended the season with a 30-27 overtime victory over Troy in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl.

If he does not sign with an agent and decides to return for his final season, McRath must submit a letter informing the NFL of his intentions by midnight on Jan. 18.
LINK
Old 01-06-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I like this guy's game. He's very athletic for a TE. I was unaware he is already 24 years old.
Old 01-06-2009   #12
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

How does a a 2nd year guy declare, I thought they had to be a Junior to declare
Old 01-06-2009   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
they must be three years removed from High School graduating class only.
Old 01-06-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
they must be three years removed from High School graduating class only.
He was drafted by the White Sox in 03, I think. I beleive he graduated in 02?

Quote:
2006Retired from pro baseball at the end of the 2006 baseball season and sent out inquiries to a number of schools, including Rice, where his former HS teammate (Dustin Hufsey) was on the team and forwarded his information on to the coaching staff.
http://riceowls.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...y_james00.html
Old 01-06-2009   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I like this guy's game. He's very athletic for a TE. I was unaware he is already 24 years old.
The guy is talented. No doubts there.

On an unrelated note, I have heard that Sam McGuffie will be transferring to Rice.

Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
The guy is talented. No doubts there.

On an unrelated note, I have heard that Sam McGuffie will be transferring to Rice.

Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
According to Channel 13 he's already in the classroom at Rice for the current Spring semester.
Back to "Declarations for 2009". I dunno, what's the drop-dead date for 2009 declarations ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #17
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I believe that's the main reason that he declared for this draft. His stock is very high after catching 111 passes and scoring 21 total TDs this year, there isn't much more for him to prove. He's like a slightly more talented Chris Cooley. I'm very high on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
According to Channel 13 he's already in the classroom at Rice for the current Spring semester.
Back to "Declarations for 2009". I dunno, what's the drop-dead date for 2009 declarations ?
The last day for underclassmen to declare is 1/15. The player has until 1/18 to change his mind if he doesn't sign an agent.
Old 01-06-2009   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Auburn junior CB Jerraud Powers declares

Quote:
Auburn junior defensive back Jerraud Powers will turn pro a year early and will make himself available for the NFL draft in April. Auburn will acknowledge Powers' decision later today.

He's the second Auburn junior to say he's turning pro. Defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks also said he's leaving early. Defensive end Antonio Coleman said last weekend that he's returning for his senior season.

Powers had 47 tackles and two interceptions in 2008. He missed two games with hamstring injuries. Powers is finishing his Auburn career with 136 tackles and six interceptions.
LINK
Old 01-07-2009   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Stafford and Moreno going pro

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3815504

Quote:
Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford and running back Knowshon Moreno, who led the SEC in passing and rushing this season, respectively, announced Wednesday afternoon that they will enter April's NFL draft.
As is DE Brown

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3816004

Quote:
Florida State junior defensive end Everette Brown told ESPN on Wednesday that he will enter the NFL draft.

Brown, 6-foot-4 and 252 pounds, had 13½ sacks this season and 21½ tackles for losses, ranking among the nation's leaders.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Lot of people saying this will be an extraordinarily strong Draft because even more eligible underclassmen will come out than normal to avoid the threat of a new union contract with the NFL Players which would cap rookie contracts in future years.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read