Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2009   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Utah vs Alabama

Jeez, Utah just drove down and scored a TD on the Alabama defense as if they weren't even there.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Utah vs Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Jeez, Utah just drove down and scored a TD on the Alabama defense as if they weren't even there.
I just created a thread at the same time as you. I guess they can merge mine with this one.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I just created a thread at the same time as you. I guess they can merge mine with this one.
Haha we practically said the same thing.

Utah better keep using that no huddle offense, it's working like a charm so far.
Old 01-02-2009   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pisses me off. TCU had them beat and dominated their game. One drive killed them. But I guess I should cheer for them to pump up the MWC standing and TCU should be Top 10 too after their win.
Old 01-02-2009   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Utah up 14-0.
Old 01-02-2009   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've watched so much college football this week if I get lucky tonight I'm sure a fight song would soon follow.

Utah's kicking some early booty.
Old 01-02-2009   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Did Reeves go to Alabama?

This is amazing. I didnt think Utah had a chance in hell. This is exactly why they need a playoff system.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2009   #8
stingray
Hall of Fame

Utah looks so much better than Bama. Would have been nice to see a playoff and see what Utah could have done.
Old 01-02-2009   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

This couldn't happen to a better guy (Saban). I hope this tail-kicking continues.

I've been keeping an eye on Terrence Cody. Very unimpressed so far. On Utah's 2nd TD, Cody was man-to-man with a Utah O-lineman, and got pushed back - and they ran it right by him for a TD. He also isn't getting double-teamed very much, which I thought was a given for a guy of his size.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
This couldn't happen to a better guy (Saban).I hope this tail-kicking continues.

I've been keeping an eye on Terrence Cody. Very unimpressed so far. On Utah's 2nd TD, Cody was man-to-man with a Utah O-lineman, and got pushed back - and they ran it right by him for a TD. He also isn't getting double-teamed very much, which I thought was a given for a guy of his size.
I was thinking the same thing at the same time. Well, that and "the Rockets suck tonight."
Old 01-02-2009   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Did Reeves go to Alabama?

This is amazing. I didnt think Utah had a chance in hell. This is exactly why they need a playoff system.
I thought that was a pushoff by the Utah WR on that third TD. I've noticed that the refs don't really call that anymore.

I don't care though, Go Utah!
Old 01-02-2009   #12
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Alabama has yet to show up tonight and to stay in the game they just need to keep giving them a good dose of coffee. I picked Utah to win in college pick em as well as an office pool. Utah has all the momentum right now and this is starting to look like the Boise State v Oklahoma game right now. TCU also beat a team that was really good this year in Boise State and I thought Boise should have been in instead of tOSU
Old 01-02-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought that was a pushoff by the Utah WR on that third TD. I've noticed that the refs don't really call that anymore.

I don't care though, Go Utah!
Andre Johnson does it all the time too - the refs aren't going to call that crap unless it's a REALLY SOLID shove. If it's just handfighting or a little shove like that one and the one that AJ's perfected - they're not going to call it, and I'm good with that. You have to take as much advantage of the rules as the refs will allow.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-02-2009   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I've spent quite a bit of time in Utah, it's a truly beautiful state (and BTW, its easier to get a drink up there than it is in N.Texas - no "local option"), but these guys don't look like all the Mormons I saw and got acquainted with up there ? Must be recruiting in CA ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Jeez, Cody's not even in the game right now! I think he's missed the last three snaps!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-02-2009   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

21-10. Looks like a ballgame.
Old 01-02-2009   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

21-17 with 11+ in the 3rd.
Old 01-02-2009   #18
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
21-17 with 11+ in the 3rd.
Alabama woke up.
Old 01-02-2009   #19
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Utes right back at it
Old 01-02-2009   #20
DiehardChris
You betcha!

I'm kind of impressed by this Matt Asiata guy.

6 feet tall, 235 pounds.

Hmmmmm.....

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read