Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-02-2009   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Draft RB _________ __________

consensus is expect the Texans to select another RB in the 09 draft. so which prospects are your favorite fits for Gibbs ZBS? I'm reconstructing who I feel not only fit but offer the most upside to compliment Steve Slaton going forward, within the division & everyone available in the latter rounds. maybe a breakdown round by round would be usefull, feel free to be creative & lets see if anyone here can make the right call
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Draft RB _________ __________

The guys I like the best for Gibbs' system despite projected draft positioning (in no particular order):

Knowshown Moreno, Glen Coffee, James Davis, Shonn Green, Jeremiah Johnson, Andre Brown, Shun White

Other people would probably be better at determining where they should go in the draft.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The guys I like the best for Gibbs' system despite projected draft positioning (in no particular order):

Knowshown Moreno, Glen Coffee, James Davis, Shonn Green, Jeremiah Johnson, Andre Brown, Shun White

Other people would probably be better at determining where they should go in the draft.
excellent names some higher picks some later ones. so which one is most likely to be in the Texans future backfield? for a change I'll take some ownership & try to keep track......
Old 01-02-2009   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
excellent names some higher picks some later ones. so which one is most likely to be in the Texans future backfield? for a change I'll take some ownership & try to keep track......
This is one of those drafts (like last year) where we just really need another RB, so it's hard to project which round we will use for the RB position. We could go 1st round RB or 5th round RB.

I feel like next year, with a new defensive staff and so many holes on defense, we will address defense for most of the picks in the draft and probably in the first two rounds.

Out of the guys I listed Glen Coffee, James Davis, Andre Brown, Shun White could all be there in the third I suppose. I'd be surprised if Jeremiah Johnson was available at our pick in the third.
Old 01-02-2009   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
This is one of those drafts (like last year) where we just really need another RB, so it's hard to project which round we will use for the RB position. We could go 1st round RB or 5th round RB.

I feel like next year, with a new defensive staff and so many holes on defense, we will address defense for most of the picks in the draft and probably in the first two rounds.

Out of the guys I listed Glen Coffee, James Davis, Andre Brown, Shun White could all be there in the third I suppose. I'd be surprised if Jeremiah Johnson was available at our pick in the third.
trust me I understand but given a choice (3rd/4th) Jeremiah would be your ideal selection if available?
Old 01-02-2009   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
consensus is expect the Texans to select another RB in the 09 draft.
What does this mean?? Where does this "consensus" come from??
Old 01-02-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

James Davis I think is a good fit - and I've read he probably won't go until the 4th at the earliest.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2009   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
trust me I understand but given a choice (3rd/4th) Jeremiah would be your ideal selection if available?
My top choice would be James Davis in the 3rd.
Old 01-02-2009   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What does this mean?? Where does this "consensus" come from??
from posts here mostly & on local sports talk even McClain thinks the Texans have to give Slaton some more help carrying the workload.
Old 01-02-2009   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Texans RB draft prediction thread-

1) TexansSeminole selects - James Davis, Clemson 5-11 210 3rd rd.
2) Beerlover selects - Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon 5-09 208 3rd. rd.
Old 01-02-2009   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

All it takes is a 4.62 forty and he'll be there in the 3rd .
Old 01-02-2009   #12
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally - I think the 3rd is too early to take our RB. We just have too many defensive holes. We're looking for a guy who will probably get a MAX of 10-12 carries.

The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to end up addressing it in free agency.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-02-2009   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Personally - I think the 3rd is too early to take our RB. We just have too many defensive holes. We're looking for a guy who will probably get a MAX of 10-12 carries.

The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to end up addressing it in free agency.
10 carries for 16 games is 160 carries on the season. That's alot of carries.
Old 01-02-2009   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
10 carries for 16 games is 160 carries on the season. That's alot of carries.
No doubt. But I see no reason we can't get that guy in FA or later in the draft. I won't be pissed if they take an RB in the 3rd - I just think there will be better defensive value at that point (depending, of course, on what we get with our first two picks).

I'd love James Davis in the 4th. If they decide he's worth it in the 3rd, fine.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-02-2009   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to admit that I have only seen him play once and then only for a little over a quarter, but in their bowl game the RB Scott for LSU looked pretty good. Big guy that seems to have some speed. My guess is he would be a late round pick as I'm not seeing any buzz on him. Seemed to bang it in there pretty good for the amount of time I watched. Anyone know any thing about the the kid?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #16
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take Arian Foster out of Tenn. in the 4th round...big size 6'1" 0ver 217lbs runs a 4.49 40 and drafting him in the 4th round for 10 to 15 carries a game wont break the bank...of course this is all contingent on him falling this far (projected round 3)

Last edited by rarazz00; 01-02-2009 at 11:44 PM.
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If he comes out Keiland Williams would be an ideal pick in the 4th or 5th rd. He is currently backing up Scott @ LSU. He has more natural ability than Scott IMO.

I also like Gartrel Johnson in the 5th or 6th rd.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Texans RB draft prediction thread-

1) TexansSeminole selects - James Davis, Clemson 5-11 210 3rd rd.
2) Beerlover selects - Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon 5-09 208 3rd. rd.
3) rarazz00 selects - Arian Foster, Tennessee 6-1 216 4th rd.

you know this is going to be alot of fun to look back on come April
Old 01-02-2009   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take Charles Scott in the 3rd
Old 01-02-2009   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gartrel Johnson in the 5th

I would like to see us pick up a vet. RB in FA. Who do you like best?

Pittman or Jordan for me They are both good short yardage RB's
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read