Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-01-2009   #1
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shonn Greene - Iowa RB

ESPN page: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=160849

The guy has had over 100 yards rushing for each game this season. He is the bruiser perfect RB to go alongside Slaton this year. He is big at 5'11" and 235. ESPN just had him projected to go in the second round.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shonn Greene - Iowa RB

personally he kinda reminds me of an MJD type runner. Tough and tough to bring down.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #3
dsorc
Veteran

Rep Power: 7032 dsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respecteddsorc is a quality contributor and well respected

He'd be a great pickup but I don't think we'll go RB earlier than the 3rd. Probably not even then unless we get an extra 3rd somewhere. He'd probably do great here but I just can't see him being a priority.
dsorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #4
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe we're picking middle of the 2nd this year, so hopefully he falls down that far. He'd be the perfect back for us to spell Slaton. I'm sure we can find someone else, but he is the hot pick right now.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see him going in the first to a team like the Patriots or the Cardinals. I don't think he's Maurice Jones Drew, but he'd be perfect for someone who wants a 2 back system.

The kid from Maryland looks good. I'm not sure what year he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GPy2oFJaQM
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #6
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

Green is a very nice prospect, but Kubiak ain't gonna ask McNair to pay 2nd or 3rd round $$$ on a back that will only get 10-13 touches a game. We'll probably grab say Foster or Davis in the 4th(if they fall that far).
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

reminds me a little of Marion Barber, kinda shifty, lacks explosive gear so when it comes down to it would just as soon put his head down & run over the guy/ guess that means he could be the power back. however I'd like to see more game film & have a better feel for his footwork in the hole in tight space.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2009   #8
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
reminds me a little of Marion Barber, kinda shifty, lacks explosive gear so when it comes down to it would just as soon put his head down & run over the guy/ guess that means he could be the power back. however I'd like to see more game film & have a better feel for his footwork in the hole in tight space.
Seemed slow getting through the hole but ran with good (not great) power. I have only watched most of the first half so far but that was my impression of him.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I can see him going in the first to a team like the Patriots or the Cardinals. I don't think he's Maurice Jones Drew, but he'd be perfect for someone who wants a 2 back system.

look at the size of the holes he had for both tds
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post

Da'Rel Scott is a sophomore.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
look at the size of the holes he had for both tds
Look at the size of his legs
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read