Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-01-2009   #1
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Taylor Mays

Watching the Rose Bowl this afternoon, I was in awe w/ Taylor Mays..he's an assassin. I also see that if we the Texans were to draft him, he needs to change his hitting style though not his intensity. I see personal foul penalties(helment to helment) written all over him. If Mays were to wrap his arms around his "victim", as opposed to going for the money shots, he might not get the calls against him....Man was he vicious tonight...

Last edited by rarazz00; 01-01-2009 at 09:50 PM.
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Taylor Mays

The leopard ain't gonna change his spots. I would love for the Texans to have him too, but if we get him, I'm not sure if I would want to want to try to change him. We would have to live with the helmet to helmets.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #3
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Mays would be awesome, but we would have to trade up!
Old 01-01-2009   #4
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be taken before we get to draft and I would rather take a o/d lineman and get someone like Chung or Johnson
Old 01-01-2009   #5
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

It was hard watching the game today because I was at my future father-in-law's place with some other family and friends. They made it difficult to focus on the game and players. Mays did stand out and looked athletic all over the field. I think he'll be there if we want to pick him but unless our new DC covets a ranging FS unlike the las regime I don't see us going that way. Clay Mathews was also VERY disruptive all game long.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #6
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched all of the first half and some of the second. I didn't see anything to special with Mays. That hit where he took out his own guy was very powerful, but to me that shows a lack of awareness.

He also missed a huge tackle in the redzone on the psu qb.

I was wanting to see a dominate safety too, because the Texans are in dire needof one. He just looked like a displaced sam lb.

Tell me if I missed something. I missed some of the second half.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I watched all of the first half and some of the second. I didn't see anything to special with Mays. That hit where he took out his own guy was very powerful, but to me that shows a lack of awareness.

He also missed a huge tackle in the redzone on the psu qb.

I was wanting to see a dominate safety too, because the Texans are in dire needof one. He just looked like a displaced sam lb.

Tell me if I missed something. I missed some of the second half.
Well, Mays was playing a more traditional FS. He was deep most of the game in a center-fielderr role. He came up on some blitzes and he made a lot of solid tackles. PSU had very little vertical passing game until the 4th quarter. Also, most of the deep balls by PSU were away from Mays.
Old 01-02-2009   #8
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to see Ellison play today, cause I think he can be a sleeper

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read