Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-01-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rose Bowl: Penn State vs USC

I count atleast 3 defensive players, safety Mays and the 2 LBs, who could be
our pick at #15 in the Draft though LB Cushing is probably unlikely to go that high. I'm really not familiar at all with Penn State's personnel ?
Looks like USC scored first. No big surprise.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rose Bowl: Penn State vs USC

PS apparently didn't get the memo they were playing the greatest college D ever ? And all-world safety Mays whiffed big-time trying to keep the PS QB from crossing the G-L.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mays is all hype. Just like Bing. He has been invisible today and whiffed on a huge play.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #4
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the hate people have for USC on this board
Old 01-01-2009   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I'm neutral...
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #6
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
PS apparently didn't get the memo they were playing the greatest college D ever ? And all-world safety Mays whiffed big-time trying to keep the PS QB from crossing the G-L.
I think you where just waiting for something like that to happen and hey scoreboard and on a side note I hope Penn gets things going since I would love to see more of Williams

Last edited by LonerATO; 01-01-2009 at 05:50 PM.
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
what...in this massive three post thread (your post was the 4th).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2009   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't care less for either team (not to be confused with a dislike for them) but will watch the Rose Bowl because it's, well, a bowl game.

I went away from the game to call my dad and somehow the game went from 17-7 to 31-7 in a hurry. I saw 24-7 coming, but was there a Penn St. turnover or something?
Old 01-01-2009   #9
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I couldn't care less for either team (not to be confused with a dislike for them) but will watch the Rose Bowl because it's, well, a bowl game.

I went away from the game to call my dad and somehow the game went from 17-7 to 31-7 in a hurry. I saw 24-7 coming, but was there a Penn St. turnover or something?
Yeah, big run for PSU but fumbled at the end of it..
And USC drove right back down

As much as I hate USC being a UND fan, I much prefer the Big ten losing.
Old 01-01-2009   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think Mays is overrated... But did you guys see his killshot? I would love for a Texans safety to lay one like that, on the other team though.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I still think Mays is overrated... But did you guys see his killshot? I would love for a Texans safety to lay one like that, on the other team though.
Wait till he faces an actual QB to WR combo in the NFL. Pac-10 is terrible, and Penn State doesn't exactly have a good offense when they can't run the football consistently.

I'd like to see what Mays does against a real offense in the NFL.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

already knew Mays MO - highlight reel
Cushing seemed healthy, mid-late 1st rd.
Maualuga seemed heavy, slow in pursuit
Clay is blue collar just like the rest of the family
Sanchez looked better today than Stafford
Navorro Bowman, great motor & productive, think he is going to be a very good NFL player someday
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
already knew Mays MO - highlight reel
Cushing seemed healthy, mid-late 1st rd.
Maualuga seemed heavy, slow in pursuit
Clay is blue collar just like the rest of the family
Sanchez looked better today than Stafford
Navorro Bowman, great motor & productive, think he is going to be a very good NFL player someday
That cat totally stood out to me today watching the game. He'll be a junior next year and if he has a season like this past one he'll be leaving early.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Mays is all hype. Just like Bing. He has been invisible today and whiffed on a huge play.
Except that Mays is nothing like Bing and it's usually a really, really good thing if you don't hear about your FS during the game too much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read