Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2005   #21
LuvYaTexans
Rookie

Default ?

Where are you all reading this info from? I can't find anything about it on the site. Give me a link or something. Thanks
LuvYaTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #22
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 668 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6173
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #23
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

I don't understand, if he's a "real talent" ..why did Cardinals let him go when they are looking hard for a QB in the draft?
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #24
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
I don't understand, if he's a "real talent" ..why did Cardinals let him go when they are looking hard for a QB in the draft?
Im not too overly impressed by that as well. His college stats are nothing overwhelming playing against teams like Portland State or Montana State.
He'll probably go to NFLE.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

There will be future Jake Delhomme's. He could be one of them (odds are he isn't though). Some QB's or other position players for that matter take years to develop. Just because he hasn't done much doesn't mean he can't or won't.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #26
Jakebrake
Rookie

Default Like dennis green has ever been a good judge of QB talent?

He's not going to NFL Europe. What makes a **** team like the Cards do anything? look at thier QB roster. McClown, Shaun King, John"the playbook needs more pictures" Navarre. you'll get to see a bunch of him in Pre-season and I'll put money down he gets the 2nd spot behind Carr.
Jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Hey, guys. We have no pass protection at all and this guy is big. Please tell me he can run really, really fast!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2005   #28
trijcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Hey, guys. We have no pass protection at all and this guy is big.
Heck with QB! Stick him in the line!
Old 01-08-2005   #29
Cheroqui
Veteran

I don't know who he is but, I sure would love to get a scrambling QB!
Old 01-08-2005   #30
Supertex
Rookie

I saw him play a while back but wasn't overly impressed concidering they were playin a unranked team. Plus to those who think he was GREAT in 2001. So? So was 3/4 of the NFL when they were in college. The simple fact is he hasnt had any play time in a real game in 3 years so he will not come out hot. Eventually he may have potential but its gonna take time like it does with all players. However how fast is he? We need a QB that can scramble and with his size if he has speed , he wil be one mean scrambler. That is all... From The Opinions Randy
Old 01-08-2005   #31
astrofan
Veteran

good backup for symons
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #32
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheroqui
I don't know who he is but, I sure would love to get a scrambling QB!
Didnt Carr just lead the AFC in rushing yards for a quarterback...how much more do you want?
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005   #33
CountryClubJr.

Thumbs up Saw him play...

Saw him play while he was with Arizona, pretty impressive against Green Bay and the Vikings in two pre-season match-up's... I think he just needs a chance and we may very well see another Brady or Warner...
Old 01-12-2005   #34
GeauxTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
Here is a story on Dave Ragone. Generally, no matter how the spin comes out, going to Europe is not a sign that a QB is ready to assume the role as top backup.

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/te...rt/HOU/8072110
I would take B.J. Symons over Ragone at this point in their careers if Symons is healthy.
Old 01-13-2005   #35
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
Didnt Carr just lead the AFC in rushing yards for a quarterback...how much more do you want?
I definitely agree with that. I don't want a Michael Vick type QB back there when we have the type of weapons around him that a guy like Carr can get the ball to but keep the ball rolling with his feet if he needs to.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005   #36
SESupergenius

Here is the only NFL experience I could find on the guy, and this was all preseason a couple of years ago. Knock yourself out.

2002 vs Raiders P. Parsons 0/4 compl 0 yds 0 tds 0 int
2002 vs. Green Bay P. Parsons 6/10 191yds 1 td 0 int

2003 vs Vikings P. Parsons 13/16 comple 156 yds 1 td 0 int
Old 01-13-2005   #37
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

1. Who cares what he did in college?
2. Against those teams?
3. Not even putting up that good of #'s?
4. And what has he done the last 3 years- nothing.

I am sure the Texans have a plan. I just have no idea what it is and will not get excited until I know it.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005   #38
Panther5407
All Pro

Carrs the man for the Texans so unless he gets hurt no one else will play.
Old 01-14-2005   #39
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther5407
Carrs the man for the Texans so unless he gets hurt no one else will play.
I don't think anyone thinks we're replacing Carr- but there has to be a reason for drafting this guy... :-)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005   #40
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
I don't think anyone thinks we're replacing Carr- but there has to be a reason for drafting this guy... :-)
They didn't draft him, the Texans signed him as a free agent. Also the reason for signing him is because Tony Banks has said that he wants to be with a team next year that will let him compete for the starting job and he knows thats not here.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read