Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2009   #1
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DC for Houston

Well Texans who's your pick? I would want Rod Marinelli for D-Line Coach and Greg Williams for DC...what say you
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DC for Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarazz00 View Post
Well Texans who's your pick? I would want Rod Marinelli for D-Line Coach and Greg Williams for DC...what say you
I want Bill Parcells as the DC.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Nolan
2. McDermott
3. Marinell
4. Bush
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #4
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know....Buddy Ryan should have had more children, the NFL would have loved him for it!!!
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #5
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone with a background in a 4 - 3 defence. I've heard mention Romeo Crennel but he prefers 3-4 and we don't really want to go back to that do we?

Besides I doubt if we have the personnel for that.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Gray
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #7
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
That would be awesome!

No chance.
Old 01-01-2009   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
You might want to start thinking about becoming a detroit fan if you really want to see Parcells possibly coach.
Old 01-01-2009   #9
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Sean McDermot
Old 01-01-2009   #10
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Gray
Old 01-01-2009   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to warm to Larry Coyer.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Bud Foster from Virginia Tech bad. This man can coach defense.

He has been the defensive coordinator for VTech since 1995.

His defenses led the nation in total defense in 2005 and 2006, and led the nation in scoring defense in 1999 and 2006.

Since 2004 Bud Foster's defenses have ranked #6 or better in total defense.

Since 1999 his defenses have ranked top 3 in scoring defense 6 times.

Quote:
After helping Tech to the national championship game (Sugar Bowl) in 1999, Foster was recognized as the 2000 American Football Coaches Association Defensive Coordinator of the Year.[3] Tech's 1999 defensive unit led Division I-A in scoring defense and ranked third in both total and rushing defense.

Following the 2006 season, he received the Frank Broyles Award, which is annually given to the top assistant coach in college football.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #13
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I really wonder how much stink 0-16 will carry around the NFL.

Obviously, Marinelli isn't going to get a head coaching job anytime soon... but how far does his Detroit performance knock him down?

Even though he's never been a DC before, I think his impressive track record as a D-line coach at Tampa is good enough to get him a DC job somewhere this season. I don't think the Texans will be able to get him as a D-line coach... so I kind of look at it like - if we want Marinelli - we have to hire him as DC.

My problem with that is - I would want his entire focus to be on the line. Look what he did with Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice... the thought of him being able to focus entirely on the line and get the most out of Mario and Amobi really intrigues me.

So what do you guys think? I think there will be at least a handful of teams who would bring him in as a DC, even with the 0-16 stench on him.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-01-2009   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post

Obviously, Marinelli isn't going to get a head coaching job anytime soon... but how far does his Detroit performance knock him down?

Even though he's never been a DC before, I think his impressive track record as a D-line coach at Tampa is good enough to get him a DC job somewhere this season. I don't think the Texans will be able to get him as a D-line coach... so I kind of look at it like - if we want Marinelli - we have to hire him as DC.

My problem with that is - I would want his entire focus to be on the line. Look what he did with Warren Sapp and Simeon Rice... the thought of him being able to focus entirely on the line and get the most out of Mario and Amobi really intrigues me.

So what do you guys think? I think there will be at least a handful of teams who would bring him in as a DC, even with the 0-16 stench on him.
wasn't he just a line coach before his promotion...I think he is a good example of the peter principle. He just may end up going back to what he did best...line coach.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I expect Marinelli to become the new Buccs DC. I wouldn't mind him here but he wouldn't be my first choice.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I expect Marinelli to become the new Buccs DC. I wouldn't mind him here but he wouldn't be my first choice.
They already promoted someone already on the staff ...

12/25/2008 Named Raheem Morris defensive coordinator, beginning with the 2009 season. He was the DB's coach.
Old 01-01-2009   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

12/25/2008 Named Raheem Morris defensive coordinator, beginning with the 2009 season. He was the DB's coach.
That's true - but Morris is also on the radar for a couple of HC jobs - I think I saw that Denver is going to talk to him.

Of course - that might just be to satisfy the minority interviews requirement. (Is there an official name for that policy?)

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 01-01-2009   #18
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's true - but Morris is also on the radar for a couple of HC jobs - I think I saw that Denver is going to talk to him.

Of course - that might just be to satisfy the minority interviews requirement. (Is there an official name for that policy?)
Rooney Rule
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=2750645

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

I've heard Morris is already interviewing for HC positions.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #20
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

My Choice would is Sean McDermott from Philly or Jerry Gray. I think that Greg Williams will cost too much and Rod Meranelli would be a great D-line coach. I love the Jim Johnson Defensive Scheme and Sean McDermott has been on that staff for 10 years as Linebacker & Defensive Backs Coach and he is young with energy and I think we need a fresh approach. Larry Coyer is my 3rd choice due to his blitzing scheme as well.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read