Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-01-2009   #1
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shane Lechler

Saw this on another MB. Lechler is a FA and wants to come back to Texas. I like Turk, but if we had the opportunity to get Shane, it would be too good to pass up.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPL5150KEE.DTL
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Lechler

That link was bad. Try this one.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPL5150KEE.DTL

Last edited by Insideop; 01-01-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

That one didn't work either but Turk isn't a young cat really and from what I can recall the Cowboys have a solid punter. Would be a nice signing.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

After that running play Turk made this year, I think we should keep him!

Actually he probably needs to be replaced, and Lechler would be a very good replacement. I appreciate Turk alot for being an upgrade over Chad Shankley.
Old 01-01-2009   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I have a friend who knows Lechler and talks to him regularly, and he's wanted to come back to Texas for a while now. I personally think he's one of the best punters in the game, and I'd love to see him in a Texans uni, despite the college affiliation
Old 01-01-2009   #6
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Lechler is a great punter, and if he can be added to the Texans for a reasonable contract, then that would be a realyy good off-season move.

I couldn't blame him, or anyone else on the Raiders for that matter, for wanting to get off of that team. The Lions may have been the worst team last year, but atleast they cleaned house, and got rid of the people responsible for their failure. The Raiders on the other hand can't get rid of the person responsible for their failure, Al Davis their owner.

Last edited by BattleRedToro; 01-01-2009 at 11:48 AM.
BattleRedToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know they went 0-16, but the Lions were not the worst team. I think they were better than the Rams and Browns.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2009   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see Lechler with the Texans. Turk is a good punter, but Lechler has one hell of a leg.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #9
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

The Lions actually still have some of their personnel people in place. I think one of the guy's last name is Mayhew - he's sticking around, unbelievably. I don't think they've cleaned house enough.

I agree with MT partially. I think the Browns were the worst team in 2008, mainly because they CLEARLY and obviously QUIT this season. That's inexcusable. The Lions lost every game, but they never flat-out QUIT like the sorry ass Browns did.

Lechler would be a great add. I wanted the Texans to bring in competition for Turk this past off-season, but Turk did pretty well - at least when it came to pinning opponents back. Turk's got one year left on his deal, but I still fully expect the Texans to bring some competition in - but it will probably be a FA or an undrafted FA that would come cheaper than Lechler.

Then again, if he wants to return to Texas - maybe he'll lower his price tag slightly.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Lechler is a beast. I'd love to bring him in.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Chase Turner is a good alternative. I hate UH, but I have to admit, I have seen him in person and on TV and he's hands down the best punter I've seen in college. He kicked a sixty yard punt out of his own end zone yesterday for a return of...a yard. He has a great leg and his kicks aren't very catch-able.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #12
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Shane signed an extension before the season started?

If he is free we better go get him.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #13
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 51 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected

Shane is an amazing game changer, but he won't come cheap. I would love for the Raiders to keep him. We'll see. Good luck in the Lechler Lottery!
Old 01-01-2009   #14
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm watching the FEDEX bowl - the Cincinnatti punter is dang good. Huber is his name and he's a senior.
Old 01-01-2009   #15
Ckw

I grew up in the same town as Shane and actually knew him fairly well. Haven't seen him in years. Also, my brother threw a party one year and people from all the surrounding towns came. Finally, he needed to kick them all out so he called up Shane and he came by to kick everyone out of the house.

Anyway, I would love to have him on the Texans.
Old 01-02-2009   #16
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Turk is 40-41.... So it wouldn't be a bad move to bring in Lechler. I do like Turk and he has been good the past few years, but he's not getting any younger and his leg isn't going to hold up for long.
Old 01-02-2009   #17
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

The 2009 Texans will not require a punter's services...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009   #18
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
The 2009 Texans will not require a punter's services...
I like where your mind is at.
Old 01-03-2009   #19
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
I like where your mind is at.
Sad thing is I copied and pasted the statement from an old post that I made a couple of years ago.

It read:

"The 2005 Texans will not require a punter's services..."
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If Shane Lechler can do what Scifers did for the Chargers on Saturday, sign him!
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read