Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2005   #21
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-TownRules
yeah... but in years we dont play the cowboys during the regular season, they are our first pre-season game (correct me if im wrong)
Our 1st pre-season game last year was Denver, here.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #22
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

Not so fast that is all not true. Yeah Monday Night Football always makes the mistake that they load up the schudele of last years playoff teams, and with all the paraity in the league, a lot of those teams go to the top and then to the bottom.

I think Monday Night Football should be worked like this: There are 16 Monday Night Games a year, plus that season opener on the Thursday Night. Week 17 does not have a Monday Night Game. 16x2 is 32, so why not just give all of the 32 teams on slot on Monday Night? That way its not the same 12 teams on all the time, and each get their prime time shot. Its only fair.........

Plus remember this year MNF put on the Bengals because they thought they were an up and coming team and they haven't been on for like 10 years. Maybe they will see us as an up and coming team and put us on 1 time this year because we have never been on. You never know changes are coming I think to MNF..............their ratings were the lowest ever, but it seems like your saying that every year...............
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #23
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be willing ot bet that our first MNF game will be next year's contest with the Cowboys; althought I wouldn't be stunned if it happened in 2005.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #24
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
The chance of a Monday Night Football game for the Houston Texans in 2005 is absolutely ZERO, they won't be there. You have to be a playoff team the previous season or at least have a winning record. If you are Dallas, Oakland, or Miami, you get a MNF game always no matter the previous season outcome. In the past few years though, there is always one or two teams that pop up on MNF and you are left wondering why were they there?? Still, the Texans will not be there and they should not be there either.
Unfortunately the Jackals will get one before us.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #25
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Unfortunately the Jackals will get one before us.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Do you think ABC wants a MNF game that's not a sell-out? Or with a tarp over 9000 or so seats?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #26
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
I dont know about MNF, but i think the Texans are on Sunday Night again next year, i believe against the Titans, thats just what i have heard. MNF is a little ways away, soon but not next year, hope for 2006
The NFL doesn't announce the schedule until the spring, and the networks don't announce the prime time games until the same time or a little later.

Anyone saying anything about any prime time matchups is just speculating right now.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #27
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I almost hope we don't. I hate MNF. It's total ****. They deserve to get the **** games they are always choosing because they anticipate poorly. I hate that the NFL is going to help them out next year with flexibility in choosing games closer to the air date.

If we have to have a MNF game, I hope it's at home so that I can be at the game, not at home having to watch their lame broadcast.
Old 01-08-2005   #28
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Our 1st pre-season game last year was Denver, here.
If you mean 'last year' as in 2003, you are correct.

In 2004 the Texans first preseason game was against Dallas at home.

In 2003 the Texans opened preseason at home against Denver and went to Dallas in the second week of preseason.

In 2002, I recall the scrimmage against Dallas at Robertson and at the Alamodome but I don't think we played them in the preseason. The home preseason games were against Miami and Tampa.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #29
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
If you mean 'last year' as in 2003, you are correct.

In 2004 the Texans first preseason game was against Dallas at home.

In 2003 the Texans opened preseason at home against Denver and went to Dallas in the second week of preseason.

In 2002, I recall the scrimmage against Dallas at Robertson and at the Alamodome but I don't think we played them in the preseason. The home preseason games were against Miami and Tampa.
Yeah, 2003 is what I meant.

In 2002 we played 3 road games in a row, including the Hall of Fame game, (Giants, Saints, Chiefs) before coming home to play the Dolphins and Bucs.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #30
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

What about Texans vs Jags monday night... division rivals and 2 up and coming teams... sounds good to me
Old 01-08-2005   #31
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Possibly, if they put it in Houston (so people show up). But both of these cities are considered media backwaters so it's unlikely. We'd have to play some "storied franchise" where all the announcers would do is babble on about the other team (like the Packers game).

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #32
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
MNF was in Houston last in 1994. Jeff Fisher's first game as a head coach after Pardee was fired late in the season.

When I was a ball boy for the Oilers I carried Jeff Fisher's cords to his head set for this game! My five minutes of fame being on tv behind the coach!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005   #33
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we had gone 8-8 we would have had a decent chance on MNF...Since we failed to reach that mark I think we will have to wait another year. But hey, Texans vs Cowboys would be great.....
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #34
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

Forget about having Dallas on MNF. Hopefully, the Texans will be good enough to play at Dallas on Thanksgiving Day that year and then play sombody else on MNF. Just maybe the Texans will do well enough in '05 to get more than one MNF game that next year as well. Two or three MNF games, a Thanksgiving Day game, maybe a Sunday nighter, or maybe a late season Saturday game. Wow, that would be a lot of national televised games....sounds pretty good to me!
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #35
texansfan88
All Pro

For the record:

Only 1 team this past season did not have a Nationally Televised game and that was the Arizona Cardinals.

Each year we have had a nationally televised game:

2002: Dallas @ Houston ESPN
2003: Indianapolis @ Houston CBS w/ Enberg/Dierdorf
2004: Green Bay @ Houston ESPN
Houston @ NY Jets CBS w/ Enberg/Dierdorf

odds are we'll get a national game and I bet it'll be the Steelers on Sunday Night or @ Seahawks on Sunday Night
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #36
Andre Carr
Rookie

This team is gonna have to atleast make the playoffs to get a shot on MNF . The Texans are'nt what you would call a national favorite and they don't have the exposure to be considered prime time yet .
Old 01-09-2005   #37
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I can't see why we would get a SNF @ the Seahawks. I think we'd be more likely to get a game against the Jags.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005   #38
Andre Carr
Rookie

A MNF game against the Jags would be sweet .
Old 01-09-2005   #39
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID Send a message via Yahoo to THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID

How about Cardinals and Texans on MNF? That would be an attractive matchup don't you think? I mean some people might even pay to see that game.

Anyways, someone said were not even close to national favorites.......I remember one day on ESPN's Around the Horn they were talking about if the Cowboys were still "America's Team" and Woody Paige answered "They aren't even Texas' favorite.........the Texans are" I rolled out of my seat laughing, but hey, you gotta love Woody Paige.

I think we will get 3 Nationally Televised games this year. 1 being with CBS at the noon slot, one being in the later game when we go out west to play the Seahawks maybe, and then again on Sunday Night Football.
THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005   #40
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
When I was a ball boy for the Oilers I carried Jeff Fisher's cords to his head set for this game! My five minutes of fame being on tv behind the coach!
Nice job! By the way, did you ever know Jamie, the ball boy from the Bum Phillips era? He always got a lot of ribbing from everyone at work for having the best job in Houston.... and he did.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read