Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2008   #1
Ali4Real

Question Our Answer to DE Issue?

As I was reading some of the posts on TexansTalk, a thought occurred to me. Maybe I've mentioned this before I dunno but what about letting Tim Bulman or Earl Cochran start at DE across from Mario instead of Weaver? From the games Iv'e seen, both Bulman and Cochran played well everytime they went into the game and were able to get to the QB and provide pressure. What do yall' think?

Old 12-30-2008   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our Answer to DE Issue?

I've seen Bulman get manhandled in the running game after watching him closer...he doesn't look like starter material to me. Cochran is a decent all around player but we need a speed rusher who can hold up vs the run at the weak side edge.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple of space eating DT's would go along way and let the DE keep contain on the weakside.
Old 12-30-2008   #4
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Let's draft both in the 1st & 2nd round of the draft and spend the rest of the money on free agents at other positions.
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #5
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
A couple of space eating DT's would go along way and let the DE keep contain on the weakside.
Or just having your DTs shooting the gaps, disrupting the backfield is a great way to contain.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Or just having your DTs shooting the gaps, disrupting the backfield is a great way to contain.
SCREW THAT!!!! I want our DL to read and then react!

Signed
Richard Smith

PS I WANT MY JOB BACK!!
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
SCREW THAT!!!! I want our DL to read and then react!

Signed
Richard Smith

PS I WANT MY JOB BACK!!
Read this and react:

YOU'RE FIRED!

Signed,

All of Houston.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2008   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Everette Brown.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i Dont think we need a DE i wouldnt mind if we had weeaver agiant

our more pressing need is DT like yall where saying a Big guy to smash and eat the middle
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Does anyone know about this Dan Bazium on our practice Squad??

Second Round pick by the Chicago Bears........
Old 12-31-2008   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Does anyone know about this Dan Bazium on our practice Squad??

Second Round pick by the Chicago Bears........
He had severe injury issues. If he stays healthy and the coaches can get something out of him - that'd be a godsend.

Also - we have that guy we signed who almost immediately went on IR - Stanley McClover. The coaches were excited to be able to sign him.

It's actually going to be quite a logjam in camp at the other DE:

Weaver
Bauzin
Cochran
Bulman
McClover
Nading (who I think might turn out to be a player)

Am I leaving anyone out?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Everette Brown.
agreed

You were on the bandwagon first but I hopped on as soon as I saw film.

This caused me to watch quite a bit of Seminole football this year.

He sure is relentless & fun to watch.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

"Our Answer to DE Issue?"

Julius Peppers

I know it will never happen please don't hurt me
Old 12-31-2008   #14
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
"Our Answer to DE Issue?"

Julius Peppers

I know it will never happen please don't hurt me
Unpossible! The Panthers extended Chris Gamble already, so Peppers is destined for the franchise tag if he doesn't sign long term with Carolina.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'll hold out hope untill my heart shatters.
Old 12-31-2008   #16
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Everette Brown.
Agreed, Brown is a beast and would be the perfect DE to compliment Mario.
Old 12-31-2008   #17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Everette Brown.
agreed... out of all the DE's i've evaluated, he's easily the most impressive pass rusher of the bunch, hands down. he has a dwight freeney like first step that is flat out scary... i think this guy tops my wish list.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Unpossible! The Panthers extended Chris Gamble already, so Peppers is destined for the franchise tag if he doesn't sign long term with Carolina.
May be true for one more year, but at some point the price is going to be prohibitive. Peppers is already one of the top 5 paid DE's in the league so he won't get the typical franchise number, he will get this year's pay plus 20%.

All immaterial anyway--I don't see the Texans even talking to him.
Old 12-31-2008   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
May be true for one more year, but at some point the price is going to be prohibitive. Peppers is already one of the top 5 paid DE's in the league so he won't get the typical franchise number, he will get this year's pay plus 20%.

All immaterial anyway--I don't see the Texans even talking to him.
But let's get crazy and sign Fat Albert, Peppers, and Nmadi this off-season (even if it's just in our minds) and see what happens. It would be impossibly sick. Williams, Okoye, Haynesworth, and Peppers on the front four would be awe inspiring (assuming Okoye steps up to the level we all want him to). Our secondary would be damn near as scary with Dunta and Asomugha back there benefitting from all that pressure up front. We draft the best safety we can and the rest is history.

Now THAT is what I call "Fantasy" football.
Old 12-31-2008   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Everette Brown.
to my untrained eye, he looks the best of the DE bunch (including orakpo) by a good bit.. he has moves to go along with his lethal speed. i wouldnt even mind if we had to use a pick to trade up and get him

to those like me that dont watch college fb- heres a 10 min highlight vid that i just saw. killer spin move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ1...E8642&index=18
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read