Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-07-2005   #1
hou059
Veteran

Default All For Fun

Thought I'd have a little fun with this one...
Draft Day 2005, a last minute trade opp. presents it's self. The Raiders are interested in Domanick Davis and Antwaan Peek in exchange for they're 1st round pick. Do we do it and who do we draft with there pick?
hou059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #2
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Well the Raiders would have to be smoking something, but I would do it. Then in the 1st draft Derrick Johnson and Ronnie Brown in the 1st. And fix both lines in the rest of the draft.
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #3
hou059
Veteran

Yeah I know...smoking some of that good stuff that McKinney is smoking...but it's just a question. I know it is far from realistic.
hou059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think we would do it. We have two somewhat proven commodities with Davis and Peek.. yah I know they arent pro bowlers yet.. but neither is anyone we are gonna get in the draft. Davis is our only real threat at RB right now. There is no telling if Ronnie Brown would make the transition to the NFL or not. As for Peek.. we are finally starting to realize what we have in him and he could be our starting ROLB of the future.. there is no garunteeing that Johnson will be as good as Peek.

There is also no garunteeing that we will get Johnson or Brown with our 1st rounders.

if the Raiders offered their 1st this year and next year id take it :P .. then the risk would be worth the reward. But right now.. we would basicly be trading two starters for one possible starter.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read