Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2008   #1
SSlaton20
noob

Rep Power: 0 SSlaton20 was voted MVPSSlaton20 was voted MVPSSlaton20 was voted MVP
Default Steve Slaton NFL Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JFqO4mYjSc
This gets me pumped for all the years to come.
SSlaton20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steve Slaton NFL Highlights

Yeah, we sorta struck gold with this 3rd rounder.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Three years in the NFL, Reggie Bush has rushed for 1550 yards. Slayton got 1282 in his first year.

Old 12-30-2008   #4
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Three years in the NFL, Reggie Bush has rushed for 1550 yards. Slayton got 1282 in his first year.
Reggie Bush sucks.
Old 12-30-2008   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised if that gets pulled in the next few days.

Pretty decent high light reel and the slow motion stuff makes me appreciate how slippery steve is.
Old 12-30-2008   #6
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if that gets pulled in the next few days.

Pretty decent high light reel and the slow motion stuff makes me appreciate how slippery steve is.
I've had both of my TMV's (Texans Music Videos as I call them lol) pulled within a week last week. The Houston Texans Turn the Corner one and Knights of Houstonia. Very lame.

I need to use a private host.
Old 12-30-2008   #7
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

I cant say Im right about much when it comes to the draft, but I was amped when we drafted him after seeing what he did to my Bulldogs in that one Sugar Bowl...
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2008   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the enjoyable 2:30 minutes. Dead Legs Slaton, can turn goat piss into gasoline.
Old 12-30-2008   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I've had both of my TMV's (Texans Music Videos as I call them lol) pulled within a week last week. The Houston Texans Turn the Corner one and Knights of Houstonia. Very lame.

I need to use a private host.
You'd get a cease and desist from the NFL if it had more than :15 secs of video footage of an NFL game.

The NFL sucks in that regard.
Old 12-30-2008   #10
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Steve Slaton = Tony Dorsett
PHAROAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Steve Slaton = Tony Dorsett
Dorsett had better long speed. Steve has great quickness and gets up to speed faster than most backs but lacks that last gear Dorsett had.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Dorsett had better long speed. Steve has great quickness and gets up to speed faster than most backs but lacks that last gear Dorsett had.
That's what I was thinking.

I was also thinking we should just stick to exclusively drafting 3rd down/kick return running backs. We've done pretty well in that regard
Old 12-30-2008   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I was also thinking we should just stick to exclusively drafting 3rd down/kick return running backs. We've done pretty well in that regard
no kidding...forget their tastes in feature backs...*cough* cough* Mercillis, *cough* Stacey Mack *cough* Jon Wells *cough *cough* Tony Hollings...ahman...just go get us another "3rd down back" please.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #14
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love how Slaton ran over Michael Griffin for a td, then later in the game juked him for a big run.

I need a Slaton jersey, preferably in battle red. Anyone want to hook me up?
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #15
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome video. This will be a good reminder to me over the off season that not quite getting over the top of the hill this year wasn't that bad, when we've this guy to pull out the big plays for us.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Dorsett was 2/3rd's legs and 1/3rd torso with a beautiful open field run--Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
That's what I was thinking.

While this was said at least partially in jest, that's exactly what I want is a 2nd guy who can come in and absolutely nothing changes about the O.
Old 12-30-2008   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
While this was said at least partially in jest, that's exactly what I want is a 2nd guy who can come in and absolutely nothing changes about the O.
Moats kind of looked like that Sunday. Not sure if that was just an aberration or not. If not, and that is the route we chose, then it save us one of the draft picks we would have used on the big back in the early rounds. We would then still need to figure out how/what to use for that pile driver to get the 1 yard goal line score.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
We would then still need to figure out how/what to use for that pile driver to get the 1 yard goal line score.
This is at least half a function of the OL. Then mix in Leach but don't become predictable about it.
Old 12-31-2008   #19
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

I hear you. Slaton was a gem.

As was mentioned, he's got a burst, i love his patience....it's like you can see him thinking about how to set-up a target for his lineman. Perhaps i'm clouded by the knowledge he's an Emmitt Smith fan.

That being said, speaking amongst fellow fans, i have my doubts about him being our stud. It's the way he finishes. It's awesome- intelligent, subtle. But the tackler(s) never seems to get punished. Even when Steve squeezes the extra 1/2 yard after contact, i never visualize the tackler groaning while getting up after the whistle.

Wearing down the defense. Making them less fierce w/ the thought of having to collide w/& tackle the rb. I know i'm biased....over the years i've coveted TJ Duckett, Michael Bush, Jonathan Stewart et al for our Texans.

Having grown up overseas & never played organized tackle football, tell me......is the whole "by the 4th quarter they shutter at the thought of having to collide with him" line overstated? Is it the o-line's hits that takes the "want to" out of the defense more so than the collisions w/a bruising rb?
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

In the future, Slaton will define the Texans as does AJ and Mario does now.l

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read