Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2008   #41
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Smith/Hoke/Franklin - fired!!!

Wow! This much excitement over the firing of a couple of assistant coaches. LOL. Anyway, wish those guys the best because even if they sucked they tried their best. Hopefully Kubiak and crew will get better coaches.
Old 12-30-2008   #42
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Happy and sad at the same time. Happy because Smith is gone, along with some other dead weight; and sad because the non-firing of Bush means we will NOT be seeing a new DC.

I hope Bush brings a new culture to the D, or else this will all be for naught.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #43
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Happy and sad at the same time. Happy because Smith is gone, along with some other dead weight; and sad because the non-firing of Bush means we will NOT be seeing a new DC.

I guess Bush is cheaper than considering a genius like Spagnuolo.
Old 12-30-2008   #44
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!

.. oh wait... now I gotta change my avatar.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #45
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

For what it's worth, McClain seems pretty certain (saying so in his chat that's live right now) that the team will conduct a search for a new DC. Hopefully he's right.
Old 12-30-2008   #46
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I guess Bush is cheaper than considering a genius like Spagnuolo.
Or Gregg Williams and his $2M price tag as a DC for Washington.

Does Kubiak make $2M?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #47
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I pray that Frank Bush isn't a forgone conclusion. If he is then I pray that Richard Smith defined what the defense was completely over the last few years and that nothing we saw reflected Frank Bush. If that isn't the case then we could very well be doing a "rinse and repeat" of this in 2-3 more years.

I want them to look at the wealth of defensive coaching talent that's available out there and come to an intelligent decision. If they don't find a fit they like and decide to stick with Bush I'm not goin to be upset but if they don't at least talk to some of these people then I'm going to be really angry. Even most of these 3-4 guys have some experience with a 4-3 and come from a scheme that played plenty of hybrid. There are very good options out there right now (almost a first since the Texans came on the scene).
Old 12-30-2008   #48
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans did the right thing. Thank goodness.

Now, are we looking at Bush being promoted to DC? Does this really give us anything new or exciting? I'm not at all happy with the prospect of promoting from within when our defense was horrible in all facets of the game. I fear more of the same if we settle for an insider. I could be completely wrong though.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #49
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

YEAH BABY!!!! I am interested to see who the candidates are.
Old 12-30-2008   #50
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I am guessing they kept Bush as plan B in case they can't get someone better.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #51
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

its like a second christmas!! Thank you Gary Santa!
Old 12-30-2008   #52
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

A late christmas present is better than not at all. This is long overdue, and hopefully we can bring in some tough, hardnose D like Will Muschamp did at Texas. I'm pretty sure that Taylor Mays wont fall to us in the draft, so we have to go DE with first pick. Now I am waiting on a present from the Astros, like a Jon Garland, or somebody. Guess i'll be waiting.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #53
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

I'm thinking that Okoye's lack of development might have been one of the triggers to Franklin getting fired. Makes you wonder just how good Mario is.
Old 12-30-2008   #54
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno was this the key PR move to appease the frustrated fans and avoid
TV blackouts in the '09 season ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #55
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

free at last, free at last!

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #56
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news!
Old 12-30-2008   #57
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm thinking that Okoye's lack of development might have been one of the triggers to Franklin getting fired. Makes you wonder just how good Mario is.
On the other hand he's got to be given a lot of credit for the development of Cochran, Bullman, & DelJuan. I can remember a Chron special where Bullman praised Franklin for all that he learned being coached by Franklin.
And all of these guys have my sympthathy and best wishs for landing on their feet as quickly as possible with another employment opportunity. This is after all agrim economy. Don't like to see anyone become unemplyed involuntarily.
Getting canned sucks real, real bad in several ways.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #58
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Richard Smith/Hoke/Franklin - fired!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno was this the key PR move to appease the frustrated fans and avoid
TV blackouts in the '09 season ?
With the Texans struggle to develop a fanbase, my completely unkowing opinion is that they'd arrange for the extra tickets to be sold rather than allow blackouts.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #59
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we bring in viable candidates for the DC position and don't "give it" to Bush, I'm happy as a clam about this!

Now we may finally get to see if it's the personnel or the system...I firmly believe that it's a bit of both, but I'll be giddy when our DBs aren't playing 12 yds off when it's 3rd & 8.
Old 12-30-2008   #60
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Ding-Dong Rick Smith is dead... Rick Smith is dead... Rick Smith is dead!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read