Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2008   #201
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Smith/Hoke/Franklin - fired!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Phewwwww!! I thought you had really gone loco Brando!!

Must have been a Cowboy fan that posted such nonsense!! Trade Mario for ANYONE and Houston fans would go balistic!!
Gone? lol..... I edited my original post. It was either a Cowboys fan or a VY fan.

Sorry for the bad original post......

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #202
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Talking about the Oline pass protection issues - does anyone know how many of those sacks were Ephraim Salam's? I know they were doing the whole switch every third series to help out Brown but I think early on Ephraim was saying how good the offense was when he was in (at least he claimed they scored everytime he was in - the first game or two). But I seem to remember him getting some big penaltys that stalled drives and at least giving up a couple of big sacks. Just curious how his stats were compared to Brown's in his limited action. I think he (Ephraim) is an okay backup but I'm not sure if he is really a Gibbs guy - I could see a draft pick or free agent pickup on the Oline (not a blockbuster but a solid player that fits the blocking scheme better).
Old 12-31-2008   #203
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
This is from some poster at TC's blog at the Chronicle and all I have to say about the following is .

chron.com TC's blog

The guy who posted that is a classic case of someone viewing the real NFL through fantasy colored glasses...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #204
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Phewwwww!! I thought you had really gone loco Brando!!

Must have been a Cowboy fan that posted such nonsense!! Trade Mario for ANYONE and Houston fans would go balistic!!
weeeelll... if Belichick went nuts and offered up Tom Brady.....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009   #205
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a great Christmas/New Years present for the Texans.

Now get an experienced DC and make the Texans a contender.
Old 01-08-2009   #206
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw on ESPN Bottomline that Jethro Franklin is back coaching the defensive line a USC. Good for him that he's landed on his feet already.
Old 01-08-2009   #207
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if this was posted earlier but some comments suprised me

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6188021.html

Players anticipate future
Some were unprepared for Texans firings

Quote:
“Sometimes you just need a new direction,” cornerback Dunta Robinson said. “We have to find a new direction. We need an identity. Are we going to be a man defense or a zone defense? Are we going to blitz or play safe? We need a (coordinator) who’ll make sure we know what he wants.”

Quote:
“I’m not sure if it’s because of the sack numbers that (Franklin’s) gone, but I do know I’ve never been unprepared going into a game under him,” Weaver said.
that quote surprised me.. mainly because on road games the whole team looked unprepared at times
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-12-2009   #208
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston has fired three coaches including defensive coordinator Richard Smith. The last time this many Texans were axed, Davy Crockett was there.
http://kankasports.blogspot.com/2009...-or-so_11.html
I am almost sure most of the country didn't get that one and the ones that did roll their eyes at an attempt to be funny

(at least I did)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #209
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoke got the same job he had here in Chicago, per McClain's chat.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2009/01/t...chat_0113.html
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #210
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Hoke got the same job he had here in Chicago, per McClain's chat.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2009/01/t...chat_0113.html
Enjoy "the all powerful cushion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hoke
Lets give them an 8 yard cushion.
Referencing a 3rd and 6 play
Old 01-14-2009   #211
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think Robinson or Bush will be the pick. JMO
booya!

Promoting from within just seems like the first option for this franchise.

Good luck, Bush! We are all counting on you!!
Old 01-14-2009   #212
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much because most on here thought Bush was the pick. But alot of fans at least wanted Kubiak to interview other candidates before making the decision.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #213
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much because most on here thought Bush was the pick. But alot of fans at least wanted Kubiak to interview other candidates before making the decision.
I know there weren't any interviews, but supposedly they at least did the research. The only things we hear about are the things that leak to the media and what they want us to know.

Quote:
“Well, doing my homework, studying the guys that are out there, trying to go through things with (owner) Bob (McNair) and with (general manager) Rick (Smith), all my homework kept coming right back to Frank.
Quote:
“It’s kind of been going on for the last couple of weeks, since we got finished. I talked to various coaches and studied the people that are out there available and what’s going out around the league. But at the same time, you have to look out for your staff and what’s happening right here in your building. So, just kind of putting all of those things together kept leading right back to (defensive coordinator) Frank (Bush) and really a credit to (owner) Bob (McNair) for us to put it together here today.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5101
Old 01-14-2009   #214
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

For me, this is a make or break decision for Kubiak. If Bush comes in and actually puts together at least an average defense, then Kubiak probably gets a few more years. If Bush's defense just continues in the bottom 3rd of the league and we don't at least win more games, then I think Kubes is gone.

I'm hoping for the best.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #215
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 293247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Well, don't take me too seriously. I was just having fun with it.

The truth is that any predictions by any of us are really just wild ass guesses.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read