Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2005   #1
block4carrmore
Rookie

Default Monday Night Football in our near future?

Yes there are more improvements needed, but many improvements made. We were on Sunday Night Football on ESPN this past season. Could MONDAY Night Football be far behind? When were they in town last? Let's roll out the red carpet for Al & John.
block4carrmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i imagine that will be a while, dont only play-off teams from the previous year make it on Monday night football. Kind of like the Titans they sucked this year but made it because of last season !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #3
trijcomm

I believe that ABC will have the power to change what games they will broadcast to avoid bad matchups. Thus, they are looking for meaningful games. The only hope the Texans have would be to land a game early in the year to avoid being eliminated once they move out of contention. But to the general populace, since the Texans haven't had a good season yet, any game involving the Texans now would be considered a must-miss.
Old 01-07-2005   #4
THEFUTURE
All Pro

I dont know about MNF, but i think the Texans are on Sunday Night again next year, i believe against the Titans, thats just what i have heard. MNF is a little ways away, soon but not next year, hope for 2006
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #5
TexansCanes
All Pro

i was talking with my brother and we counted that i think it was five teams didn't have a sunday night game while 14 didn't have a monday night game. so that means that you have to be in the playoffs or on the door step to play on monday. i say another sunday night this year and a monday night game in 2006 is possible.
Old 01-07-2005   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

2006 = Texans @ Cowboys,Monday Night Football...mark it down ppl.
Old 01-07-2005   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

MNF was in Houston last in 1994. Jeff Fisher's first game as a head coach after Pardee was fired late in the season.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2005   #8
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Texans vs Cowboys would be nice.
Old 01-07-2005   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bengals were on Monday Night Football this year so you don't have to be a playoff team. Heck, you don't have to be playoff caliber it looks like. It's definitely a possibility this season. It's the premier stadium in the land and usually Texans home games are good affairs. I'd like to see the Steelers and Texans on MNF.

I have a gut feeling that the Texans will play at Dallas on Thanksgiving 2006.

ABC will still get stuck with some bad games. Remember, as the rule states now, they get to choose from the games shown by the network that has only 1 national game that week and the network gets to protect one game. The only way the Texans would be on Fox is when the Rams or Seahawks come to Reliant and neither of those teams would garner MNFs attention.

They should change the rules, but I don't know if CBS or FOX want to give up any control.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
Bengals were on Monday Night Football this year so you don't have to be a playoff team. Heck, you don't have to be playoff caliber it looks like. It's definitely a possibility this season. It's the premier stadium in the land and usually Texans home games are good affairs. I'd like to see the Steelers and Texans on MNF.

I have a gut feeling that the Texans will play at Dallas on Thanksgiving 2006.

ABC will still get stuck with some bad games. Remember, as the rule states now, they get to choose from the games shown by the network that has only 1 national game that week and the network gets to protect one game. The only way the Texans would be on Fox is when the Rams or Seahawks come to Reliant and neither of those teams would garner MNFs attention.

They should change the rules, but I don't know if CBS or FOX want to give up any control.
yeah but they were in play-off contention, and had vastly improved from the season before ! We have not even made a push for the play-offs, so its highly unlikly we'd get a MNF game. They want games that will attract viewers, and obviously the Texans dont get much recognition.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Playoff contention, or probably just a nationally known name...

ESPN.com 2004 MNF

Quote:
Week 1
Indianapolis 24, New England 27
Green Bay 24, Carolina 14
Week 2 Minnesota 16, Philadelphia 27
Week 3 Dallas 21, Washington 18
Week 4 Kansas City 27, Baltimore 24
Week 5 Tennessee 48, Green Bay 27
Week 6 Tampa Bay 21, St. Louis 28
Week 7 Denver 10, Cincinnati 23
Week 8 Miami 14, New York Jets 41
Week 9 Minnesota 28, Indianapolis 31
Week 10 Philadelphia 49, Dallas 21
Week 11 New England 27, Kansas City 19
Week 12 St. Louis 17, Green Bay 45
Week 13 Dallas 43, Seattle 39
Week 14 Kansas City 49, Tennessee 38
Week 15 New England 28, Miami 29
Week 16 Philadelphia 7, St. Louis 20
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #12
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see the Cowboys be our 1st MNF game. It would be great to have it as the opener for the season too, as we have always played the boys as our 1st game every year.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think there is a 50/50 chance we get a MNF game. I think if we don't get a MNF game we will get a SNF game though. So we should have at least one prime time game next season.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #14
TexansFan#80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid
I'd love to see the Cowboys be our 1st MNF game. It would be great to have it as the opener for the season too, as we have always played the boys as our 1st game every year.
If you recall we played Miami in the season opener last year, and San Diego in the season opener this year ('04). We're not even scheduled to play the cowboys in '05. Get with it!!
TexansFan#80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #15
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Monday Night Football. Texans vs Steelers. Carr vs Roethlisberger.
Old 01-07-2005   #16
H-TownRules
Veteran

yeah... but in years we dont play the cowboys during the regular season, they are our first pre-season game (correct me if im wrong)
Old 01-07-2005   #17
TexansJunkE
Veteran

If I remeber right, didn't I have to sit and watch the Redskins play on MNF & a couple SNF games this year. I hate how the league plays favorites to certain teams. Who cares if Gibbs came back....they still stunk If they can have MNF why can't we?
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
MNF was in Houston last in 1994. Jeff Fisher's first game as a head coach after Pardee was fired late in the season.

And do you remember the roar of approval when the team came out and lined up in the I formation? I do. It was sweet!
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes I do. A fullback! What a freaking concept. I also remember all those years without a TE on the roster.

That just goes to show how things change. Back then people wanted to run the ball more and it was only a pipe dream to be able to line up and play smash mouth with anyone.

What's funny is I just pulled out a Gameday from a 1992 MNF win over the Bears at the Dome and there's Chris Palmer's mug as receivers coach and on the next page is an article on Charley Casserly - the upstart and highly successful Redskins GM - complete with a picture of him and Jack Kent Cooke holding the Lombardi from their Super Bowl XXVI win over Buffalo.

Last edited by aj.; 01-08-2005 at 08:10 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005   #20
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

The chance of a Monday Night Football game for the Houston Texans in 2005 is absolutely ZERO, they won't be there. You have to be a playoff team the previous season or at least have a winning record. If you are Dallas, Oakland, or Miami, you get a MNF game always no matter the previous season outcome. In the past few years though, there is always one or two teams that pop up on MNF and you are left wondering why were they there?? Still, the Texans will not be there and they should not be there either.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read