Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-30-2008   #21
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who can you complain to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Now if the Texans would only stop allowing DJ equipment and those mega speakers in.. They are too loud and not everyone in a 100 yard radius wants to hear what you are playing. This is not a club, this is a family event...Hopefully one day , they will not allow them anymore, as that also creates the massive drinking and maintains the drunkness of the idiots who stay out there just to get drunk.
Couldn't have said it better myself. There's always a group right there at the gate walking out of the Yellow Lot to go to the stadium, and their music is freaking ridiculously loud.

You're right Hobie, it is NOT a club...it's a damn football game.

Now I don't mind you bringing your gear and playing your tunes or whatever. But I've got a problem when you point your speakers out towards everyone else and then crank it up to where my crew has to literally scream at each other to talk. Point your damn speakers at you. Not to mention the noise your generator's making to keep all that crap going. I don't pay my boatload of money to go out there and have your crappy music piercing my skull all freaking day.

It's all about respect. When you have good people out there, like most of us do in our respective lots, who respect the fact that there's others out there besides them just trying to kick it and have a good time like they are, then everyone has a good time. When you've got these rude, obnoxious, a-holes who wouldn't know respect if it was standing on their big toe, well, that's the reason they're rude, obnoxious, a-holes.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #22
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know the group as well as all the other worthless bastards playing their tasteless music for all to hear.

These types are one of the main reasons I quit tailgating. I prefer going directly into the game without a pounding headache from this junk.

If the Texans could give us one thing this year it would be to stop this non-sense tailgating.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #23
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138 View Post

These types are one of the main reasons I quit tailgating. I prefer going directly into the game without a pounding headache from this junk.
I know I must not be reading that right...

You quit tailgating because you had to walk by a group that was and is obnoxious?

Now, when you go to the stadium, without tailgating, don't you still have to walk by them? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.
Old 12-31-2008   #24
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. There's always a group right there at the gate walking out of the Yellow Lot to go to the stadium, and their music is freaking ridiculously loud.

You're right Hobie, it is NOT a club...it's a damn football game.

Now I don't mind you bringing your gear and playing your tunes or whatever. But I've got a problem when you point your speakers out towards everyone else and then crank it up to where my crew has to literally scream at each other to talk. Point your damn speakers at you. Not to mention the noise your generator's making to keep all that crap going. I don't pay my boatload of money to go out there and have your crappy music piercing my skull all freaking day.

It's all about respect. When you have good people out there, like most of us do in our respective lots, who respect the fact that there's others out there besides them just trying to kick it and have a good time like they are, then everyone has a good time. When you've got these rude, obnoxious, a-holes who wouldn't know respect if it was standing on their big toe, well, that's the reason they're rude, obnoxious, a-holes.
Speedy...we've been parking near each other for years. Serious question, do you think we keep the music too loud? I know the goup you speak of in the Yellow Lot. They are about 300 feet away from us...and I still hear their music over ours.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #25
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's right at the gate walking out to go to the stadium to your right. There's a group there that has it blasting pretty hard to where you can't hear yourself drink...err...I mean think.

And you guys are fine by the way. Y'all keep it at a respectable level. Even when we're directly across from you, it's never been a problem that I've noticed.

I don't mind hearing the tunes, even from as far as 3, 4 spots over or so. Even if it's music I don't particularly care for. Keep it at a decent level and it's just background noise that blends in with the rest of the tailgating atmosphere. It's the having to have the volume to the max where it drowns out everything and you can't even talk to each other that I have a problem with.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #26
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

they will talk crap to the wrong group of people one of these days. Hard to believe it hasn't happened yet.
Old 01-06-2009   #27
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I would sure hate for things to get out of hand one game...maybe someone gets seriously hurt, and the Texans take a look at suspending tailgating.

I went to too many Oiler games where tailgating was not allowed to ever want to go back to that crap again.

Please speak to someone about those idiots.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2009   #28
KingwoodTexansFan
KWTXN

Section: 605 Gridiron TEXAS!!!
Rep Power: 0 KingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedKingwoodTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I too have an issue with groups bringing in their DJ equipment and mega-speakers and then pointing them out and blasting their music. I tailgate to enjoy the company of my friends...not to be forced to endure someone else's choice of music.

This biggest problem I have, however, is the Texan's unresponsiveness to the problem. We have called the game day hotline and I've called the Texans directly to complain about this situation. All I ever get is "We're aware of it and are taking steps to address it." Based on what I saw all season in the Blue Lot, nothing was ever done about it.

I like music as much as the next person, but when I have to scream in my own tailgate area to be heard and have to hear vulgar rap music with my wife and son present, then it make me wonder if spending $600 a year for my two spaces is really worth it.
Old 01-07-2009   #29
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I just sent the Texans my End of Season email...and a large part of it was regarding the DJ equipment and the mega speakers and PA's in the lots.
If this really bothers you, as I kow it does alot of people, send the Texans an email about it to: fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

Tell them it bothers you, and you have to scream just to talk 3 feet away, and whatever other problems about it..ie, obnoxious talking, lewd comments to people walking by, cat calls to the ladies....whatever it is, send that to them !!

The sooner everyone does it, the sooner they can address that problem and make the needed chages for the 2009 season..There is strength in numbers, so do it, you never know, this season might be the one that that equipment is no longer welcomed !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #30
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I know I must not be reading that right...

You quit tailgating because you had to walk by a group that was and is obnoxious?

Now, when you go to the stadium, without tailgating, don't you still have to walk by them? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.
Not because of walking by this group in particular, mainly because of all the jerkwads that have decided the parking lots are now clubs and so they bring these gigantic speakers and amps out there to be so loud the private tailgaters cannot even talk to each other.. it got to the point to where I am like WTF do I wake up on Sunday at 5am to sit in a line to get into the parking lot to enjoy tailgating when I will be blasted out of my seat by a speaker by 8:30am... then listen to this crap until 11 to head into the game only to come out to clean up my area along with other crap that some of the other worthless tailgaters couldn't do themselves, while still listening to the same retarded song that has been playing all day about backing some ass up or something.

So yeah, I still walk by these loud speakers and hoochie mamma's with my kids but now I don't have to deal with it all day. don't get me wrong though, if it is your thing then go on and do it, its just not my thing.
Old 01-07-2009   #31
eric138
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingwoodTexansFan View Post
I too have an issue with groups bringing in their DJ equipment and mega-speakers and then pointing them out and blasting their music. I tailgate to enjoy the company of my friends...not to be forced to endure someone else's choice of music.

This biggest problem I have, however, is the Texan's unresponsiveness to the problem. We have called the game day hotline and I've called the Texans directly to complain about this situation. All I ever get is "We're aware of it and are taking steps to address it." Based on what I saw all season in the Blue Lot, nothing was ever done about it.

I like music as much as the next person, but when I have to scream in my own tailgate area to be heard and have to hear vulgar rap music with my wife and son present, then it make me wonder if spending $600 a year for my two spaces is really worth it.
its not worth it...

and you're right the Texans can give a rats ass. the majority of their employees (yellow jackets) are enjoying the music and food these people are putting out anyway. Instead of enforcing any rules they are bumping and grinding to the noise...
Old 01-07-2009   #32
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a response from the Texans.

Manuel,

Thanks for you feedback regarding your gameday experiences this season. It has provided us an opportunity to really look into the ways we can improve our fans overall gameday experience and continue to deliver a first class product for all our fans. More specifically I would like to share our plans on how we are going to make adjustments to ensure something like this does not happen again in the future. Leading up to the upcoming season we are going to aggressively communicate the need for all fans to respect each other, and everyone’s opportunity to have a great gameday experience by highlighting some new rules regarding fan behavior and tailgating guidelines. In an effort to find the happy median of music volume we will implement some new guidelines regarding speaker sizes, use of amplifiers, and permits for live music. These guidelines will continued to be monitored by our tailgate ambassador teams that were providing customer service for fans in our parking lots this season. I hope this reflects the genuine interest of the Houston Texans in making your gameday experience the best ever, and if you have any further questions or comments please feel free to give me a shout anytime.

Go Texans!!!

Ted Dickerson

Customer Service Representative

NFL Houston Texans

Two Reliant Park

Houston, TX 77054-1573

832-667-2154 - Direct

832-667-2191 - Fax

www.houstontexans.com
Old 01-07-2009   #33
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I recieved the same email back... So it looks like the Texans have recieved alot of complaints about that over this past season.
This is a start, and it is great to know that the Texans take the fans complaints to heart..Now we just gotta make sure the tailgate ambassadors do what they are supposed to do...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

People have been bitchin' about those DJ setups since 2002 and the Texans have done absolutely nothing to rectify the situation. I seriously doubt that they will do a dern thing this year, too.

See, these DJ people are paying customers, just like the rest of us. And unless those DJ setups start causing us to quit renewing, there is absolutely no incentive to change things. Maybe I'll be proven wrong this time, but 7 seasons of status quo has taught me that not much will happen.

As far as the original story, I do think the FO will tame this crew. What they are doing does not jive with the image this organization is trying to put forth, so while I doubt that they will do anything about the DJ stuff, I think the behavior will be addressed accordingly.
Old 01-07-2009   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
....does not jive with the image this organization is trying to put forth
I wonder if anyone has described the song itself and lyrics from "Down with the Sickness" to Uncle Bob(??)
Old 01-07-2009   #36
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I wonder if anyone has described the song itself and lyrics from "Down with the Sickness" to Uncle Bob(??)
LOL!!! shhhhhhhhhhhh!! That's a great sounding intro for our players.

p.s. I get a laugh when I hear Manson's "Beautiful People" at the game because of what it represents.
Old 01-07-2009   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
LOL!!! shhhhhhhhhhhh!! That's a great sounding intro for our players.

p.s. I get a laugh when I hear Manson's "Beautiful People" at the game because of what it represents.
I know... That cracks me up too. As far as Down with the Sickness, that secret is safe with me.
Old 01-07-2009   #38
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He told me this part was his favorite:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed
No mommy, don't do it again
Don't do it again
I'll be a good boy
I'll be a good boy, I promise
No mommy don't hit me Oh-oohh
Why did you have to hit me like that mommy?
Don't do it! You're hurting me Oh-oohh!
Why did you have to be such a *****?
Why don't you,
Why don't you **** off and die?
Why can't you just **** off and die?
Why can't you just leave here and die?
Never stick your hand in my face again *****
**** YOU!!!
I don't need this ****
You stupid sadistic abusive ****ing *****
Would you like to see how it feels mommy?
Here it comes, get ready to die!
Nice choice of theme song there Bob

The first time I heard the whole song I was pretty surprised, actually!
Old 01-07-2009   #39
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe its the "radio edit" they're playing.....LOL
Old 01-07-2009   #40
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be happy to sit next to them at any games that we attend. The noise wouldn't bother me or my family none.

Just give me a call and we'll swap spaces.

I think it's crap that they do this and that the FO lets it go on but it wouldn't be punishing me sooo might as well place me there.

Eh.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read