Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans ~ Winners According to Robinson

A

Ali4Real

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports had this to say about the Texans, "Three years ago, this franchise was in shambles. Now the offensive playmakers are there to be competitive with anyone in the brutal AFC South. If this franchise isn’t very active in free agency with some of the good defensive talent that will be available, it will be a big disappointment. An above average defensive end across from Mario Williams and solid additions at cornerback and safety could open the Super Bowl window next season."

I think he makes a good point about this years FA. The Texans have never landed a blockbuster player in the FA but I feel its time that they do especially with the array of defensive talent available in this years FA.

2009 FA Defensive List ~

Albert Haynesworth
Tommie Harris
Gabe Watson
Bart Scott
Nate Webster
Ray Lewis :)
James Farrior
Nnamdi Asomugha
Sean Jones
Dunta Robinson - MUST RE-SIGN!
Kerry Rhodes
Dawn Landry

*Please correct if any of the info. is wrong and feel free to comment!

Matt Schaub vs. Bears - 75% completion percentage! :smiliedance:

Hainsworth is another Terrel Owens. Good player, but will be disruptive to our locker room. I don't want him. There are other good players to sign.

If Hainsworth wasn't what he is (besides being one of the best D lineman in existence) I'd take him.

Wasn't Dawn Landry part of Tony Orlando's duo?

Well, if she can hit as good as she can knock three times on the ceiling, I say sign her. :devilpig:

I'll take Ray Lewis or Albert H.

Would never happen, but could you imagine the fun we would have with Albert and Nnamdi in FA and then taking DE, S, and OLB in the draft? That would be a force to be reckoned with.

Would never happen, but could you imagine the fun we would have with Albert and Nnamdi in FA and then taking DE, S, and OLB in the draft? That would be a force to be reckoned with.
Over Albert and Nnamdi who would you rather have?

Good Lord, Nnamdi Asomugha and Haynesworth really could turn this team into a Super Bowl contender overnight.

Did I just type that?

Of your list the only one I know for sure is not available is Tommie Harris who signed a long extension with the Bears before this season started.

Over Albert and Nnamdi who would you rather have?

I think Nnamdi would be my choice. I prefer that we have a DL provide a pass rush to help the secondary, but I think Nnamdi and D-Rob would be a great combination. Nnamdi's coverage skills along with D-Rob's big-hitting ability would be a great match. The only probably I have with Robinson is that sometimes he takes a chance that leads to a big play by the receiver, but I won't fault him for taking those chances.

I think Haynesworth would be a great addition, but I'm a little concerned about how he would work out here. He's obviously looking for that big payday, and Nnamdi no doubt will be, too...but I think Nnamdi would have more desire to play on a team that is a contender, seeing as how he plays hard for the Raiders.

TBH i think Lewis & Haynesworth are getting past there prime

we could prob get a cheaper younger guy and "maybe" better then both of them

i dont no 2 much about our FA list history but our staff thinks over it over and over agian and dont pick based on name value and past history

they usually pick they guy that they think will fit best playing here for this team

with that being said our FA history has been hit and miss and best

Reeves -Good some days bad others

Greenwood- Faliure

Demps- Was decent intill he got hurt

Green- THought he would be a good fit being from GB a similar style to us but we could not predicted his injurys

who else was Wilson a FA

and we did get that guy from the RS Paractice squad

so we got some depth to work with during the OS

If we could only have one from that list, I'd take Asomugha.

At DT, I'd take Tommie Harris over Haynesworth, actually.

I wouldn't mind seeing Quintin Mikell of the Eagles in a Texans uni next year. He's definitely an impact safety and probably one of their most important players.

Nnamdi Asomugha would be an awesome addition to our D. Imagine him shutting down Reggie Wayne and the Colts receiving corps not to mention the fact that he could be a mentor to our younger DBs.

I hope that we make a solid effort to sign him. He would be a great addition.

Hainsworth is another Terrel Owens. Good player, but will be disruptive to our locker room. I don't want him. There are other good players to sign.

If Hainsworth wasn't what he is (besides being one of the best D lineman in existence) I'd take him.

This just isnt true. Its funny how these things get started and just never stop growing.

This just isnt true. Its funny how these things get started and just never stop growing.

I probably wasn't clear on that. What I was trying to say is that Hainesworth would be a distraction in our locker room, perhaps not so much in NFL locker rooms in general.

We've got to let Dunta Walk..

We need Kerry Rhodes......

and it would be nice to get Asomugha

If we have Rhodes and/or Asomugha ready to sign, we can let Dunta walk and try to throw some money at a stud DT (Haynesworth for one).

And right after that happens Angelina Jolie and Selma Hayek will get get into a cat fight to see which one of them will get to go out with me.

You guys have got some real weak fantasies. The best one is that they resolve their differences in a steamy makeout scene, and then invite me to join in.

Alternatively, just fantasize about Hayek... because if you sleep with Jolie one night, you'll wake up as the new father of a bunch of kids you just adopted from a third world country.

I got to go with Herv's post that is buried on another thread

I want to see us resign D-rob.. He is the heart of this defense. He seems to bring some kind of stabilizing ability to the secondary (we still need upgrade at positions) and is like a coach.

Last person the Texans had was Aaron Glenn and we let him go for younger faster P-burnt .. For fairly young defense, we still need our leaders until others can emerge

i think it's very likely that Robinson will return. Kubiak has stated how much he wants him back. If you think that the guy in Oakland could be obtained cheaper than Dunta you'r wrong. If anything, Dunta is a decent value because he's coming off of injury, he didn't play up to his pre-injury capabilities and he wants to be a Texan. That's alot of reasons to think he may return.

I although it would be nice to have Asomugha, I find it hard to believe that The Texans will spend as much as they did on Reeves then resign Robinson to top 5 money and Asomugha to a similar contract as well. It seems unlikely. I don't think it's as big of a need for this team as some of the other defensive positions anyway.

Robinson is a must-sign, IMO. It typically takes a couple years for guys to come back from a serious knee injury, and he has better play ahead of him, because he works hard and will get there. We can keep him for a reasonable price as well. Besides, it seems that most of you have forgotten that he was having a Pro Bowl season when he got injured. That is the caliber of CB that he is.

As for Asomugha, I'd love to pair him with Robinson, but I think the Raiders will probably franchise him.

thought the jets gave rhodes a new contract? A realistic option (moreso than fat al and nnamdi) is sean jones. He was in a mess in cleveland this year but id like to see him in battle red.

Man, I love me some Texans, but y'all are drinking some mightly powerful koolaide to start talking about the Super Bowl for a team that has yet to earn even a winning record. :mcnugget: :texflag:

Someone passing out next year's kool aid early? LOL

I do believe though, next year we make an honest stab at the playoffs. But damn, New England goes 11-5 and doesn't make it.

Man, I love me some Texans, but y'all are drinking some mightly powerful koolaide to start talking about the Super Bowl for a team that has yet to earn even a winning record. :mcnugget: :texflag:
it happens every year...its gonna get mind-numbing by the time we play our first exhibition game. Actually if you check every single message board in the league other than say.....the Lions, you will have the homers all picking their team to win it all since every single one of them are 'on the verge'.

The Dolphins went 1-15 and then wen out and won there division that had an 11-5 patriot team miss the playoffs.

The Saint won 4 games the year before they went to the NFC title game.

The Bears were 3-13 and then won the division at 13-3 and lost to Philly in the NFC title game.

Hell, next year we could have ourselves a Texans/Lions super bowl.

The Dolphins went 1-15 and then wen out and won there division that had an 11-5 patriot team miss the playoffs.

The Saint won 4 games the year before they went to the NFC title game.

The Bears were 3-13 and then won the division at 13-3 and lost to Philly in the NFC title game.

Hell, next year we could have ourselves a Texans/Lions super bowl.

Of course they did. But we ain't the Dolphins, Saints, or Bears. :shades:

I did not say there is anything wrong with unbridled optimism, but it's just not for me anymore. This franchise took SEVEN years to finally win 40 games. They need to turn a very big corner before I grab me a big glass of ice, cold koolaide.

Houston Texans fan forever, but just not delusional about it. :texflag:

Back