Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-29-2008   #21
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans ~ Winners According to Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
And right after that happens Angelina Jolie and Selma Hayek will get get into a cat fight to see which one of them will get to go out with me.
Well then .... for everybody's sake I hope it happens .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #22
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind seeing Quintin Mikell of the Eagles in a Texans uni next year. He's definitely an impact safety and probably one of their most important players.
Old 12-29-2008   #23
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I'll take Ray Lewis or Albert H.
I dont think Ray would leave the Ravens and he isnt the kind of guy looking to make a big pay check. I think he takes whatever the Ravens off and retires with the team.
Old 12-29-2008   #24
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nnamdi Asomugha would be an awesome addition to our D. Imagine him shutting down Reggie Wayne and the Colts receiving corps not to mention the fact that he could be a mentor to our younger DBs.
I hope that we make a solid effort to sign him. He would be a great addition.
Old 12-29-2008   #25
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And right after that happens Angelina Jolie and Selma Hayek will get get into a cat fight to see which one of them will get to go out with me.
I have that dream also!
Old 12-29-2008   #26
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

I think Tank Johnson is available. I'll take him.
Old 12-29-2008   #27
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Hainsworth is another Terrel Owens. Good player, but will be disruptive to our locker room. I don't want him. There are other good players to sign.

If Hainsworth wasn't what he is (besides being one of the best D lineman in existence) I'd take him.

This just isnt true. Its funny how these things get started and just never stop growing.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2008   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This just isnt true. Its funny how these things get started and just never stop growing.
I probably wasn't clear on that. What I was trying to say is that Hainesworth would be a distraction in our locker room, perhaps not so much in NFL locker rooms in general.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #29
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Nnamdi Asomugha.

Nuff' said.

Hell, we can let Dunta walk and get this guy, or sign both.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #30
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Nnamdi Asomugha.

Nuff' said.

Both.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #31
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Nnamdi Asomugha.

Nuff' said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Both.
I would love to have both of these guys. Mario Williams and Amobi Okoye were constantly one step away from getting a sack. Having both of these guys in the secondary would give both of our D-line stars monster sack numbers.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #32
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Both.
I would prefer both, but I was thinking about $$.
Old 12-29-2008   #33
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Where is Terrell Suggs on this list??
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We've got to let Dunta Walk..

We need Kerry Rhodes......

and it would be nice to get Asomugha
Old 12-29-2008   #35
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

If we have Rhodes and/or Asomugha ready to sign, we can let Dunta walk and try to throw some money at a stud DT (Haynesworth for one).
Old 12-29-2008   #36
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You guys have got some real weak fantasies. The best one is that they resolve their differences in a steamy makeout scene, and then invite me to join in.

Alternatively, just fantasize about Hayek... because if you sleep with Jolie one night, you'll wake up as the new father of a bunch of kids you just adopted from a third world country.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #37
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I got to go with Herv's post that is buried on another thread

I want to see us resign D-rob.. He is the heart of this defense. He seems to bring some kind of stabilizing ability to the secondary (we still need upgrade at positions) and is like a coach.

Last person the Texans had was Aaron Glenn and we let him go for younger faster P-burnt .. For fairly young defense, we still need our leaders until others can emerge
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #38
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

i think it's very likely that Robinson will return. Kubiak has stated how much he wants him back. If you think that the guy in Oakland could be obtained cheaper than Dunta you'r wrong. If anything, Dunta is a decent value because he's coming off of injury, he didn't play up to his pre-injury capabilities and he wants to be a Texan. That's alot of reasons to think he may return.

I although it would be nice to have Asomugha, I find it hard to believe that The Texans will spend as much as they did on Reeves then resign Robinson to top 5 money and Asomugha to a similar contract as well. It seems unlikely. I don't think it's as big of a need for this team as some of the other defensive positions anyway.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Robinson is a must-sign, IMO. It typically takes a couple years for guys to come back from a serious knee injury, and he has better play ahead of him, because he works hard and will get there. We can keep him for a reasonable price as well. Besides, it seems that most of you have forgotten that he was having a Pro Bowl season when he got injured. That is the caliber of CB that he is.

As for Asomugha, I'd love to pair him with Robinson, but I think the Raiders will probably franchise him.
Old 12-30-2008   #40
jamil
Rookie

thought the jets gave rhodes a new contract? A realistic option (moreso than fat al and nnamdi) is sean jones. He was in a mess in cleveland this year but id like to see him in battle red.
jamil is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read