Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-28-2008   #1
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 49ers Hire Mike Singletary

Saw on Fox that he was named HC and is going to sign a 5-year extension. Hopefully this works out.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #2
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 49ers Hire Mike Singletary

I was very skeptical at first, but he finished 5-4 I believe, so seems like the right thing to do.

I think a lot of people got too caught up in his RAH RAH emotional style... but hey, results are results.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #3
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

It appears that his politically incorrect pants dropping histrionic episode inspired a winning attitude.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #4
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

correction...

Quote:
The Press Democrat has learned Singletary's contract is four years, $10 million. In the contract he has the right to hire and fire his assistant coaches.
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...rys-title.html
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #5
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always like Mike Singletary. Congrats Mike...now win that franchise it's 6th Lombardi!
x5 + =
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"

Last edited by Dread-Head; 12-29-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I've always like Mike Singletary. Congrats Mike...now win that franchise it's 6th Lombardi!
x5 + =
Unfortunately, will never happen as long as that team exists. There will always be an excuse.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw Singletary's post-game presser. When he said this, I was in stitches:

"This is something that I told our players the other day. Why did I give
you Christmas Day off? Because you won't have it for a while."

The players LOVE playing for this guy, and I see him being successful
in a couple season or sooner. Good for him, they play in a crap division.
It's not like that play six games against the Jags, Titans, and Colts every
year.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2008   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
x5 + =
I SOOOO approve this post!! BUT, only if they're not playing our TEXANS for that coveted trophy!

The way BOTH my favorite teams are improving, I just might get my wish someday and see them meet each other in the SB! IF that ever happens, I will be at that game if I have sell everything I own and walk to whereever the game might be! Well, at the rate both of them or going, I might have to hire someone to push my w/c to that infamous game! BUT, I will get there one way or another!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he seems like Gruden when he first got to the Bucs. eventually the act got old, and now the players don't really like him anymore
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he seems like Gruden when he first got to the Bucs. eventually the act got old, and now the players don't really like him anymore
Gruden won a superbowl after Dungy built the team. Singletary took
a DISASTER, and made them respectable. Also, the players quit playing
for Gruden after they discovered that Kiffin was walking out of the door.

Singletary beats his players down, but he also builds them up. He's going
to be successful, and I'm not ever 49ers fan. The players in the locker room
EXPLODED when the owner announced Singletary's hiring.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the players quit on Gruden like 3 years ago. and the fans absolutely despise the guy

the point is that the yelling, screaming and grimacing gets old to NFL players. especially if you're a phoney liar like Gruden
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to Mike! Awesome guy who deserves a shot. Hopefully it works out with the Niners. I've heard the ownership and FO stinks over there.
Old 12-29-2008   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I like the guy so I'm glad he got the job.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read