Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-27-2008   #1
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pat White West VA....3rd Round????

All this cat does is win. I know that dude from UT was the same. Pat is 6'1...not good

One of you stat geeks tell me why he is not worth a 3?

All I know is what I have seen.

Kinda like #20......
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #2
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pat White West VA....3rd Round????

why he is not worth a 3...

he will never be a successful qb in the nfl.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

We should draft him late if he's there and let him and Slaton reunite and run some zone reads or something.

It could be an interesting change of pace for the offense.
Old 12-28-2008   #4
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We should draft him late if he's there and let him and Slaton reunite and run some zone reads or something.

It could be an interesting change of pace for the offense.
I'm not a fan of him as a starting NFL QB but I agree with this idea. Actually I like it quite a bit. 5th round or later draft him and develop him as a backup QB who can do other things for the team. Sage is going to be here next year and then he is probably gone. As bad as he looked at times Rosenfels is a quality backup and those guys are pretty tough to find. For the most part when a team loses its starting QB they are in pretty big trouble on the offensive end. If your backup is a QB like Pat White at least he brings some potential explosiveness on offense and something totally different that an opposing D has to prepare for. I doubt he could do it for a very extended period of time but thats alright for a backup QB.

I know we don't really do any trick plays etc. but you gotta figure this guy could at least have some potential there. Wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Pittsburgh or Arizona grab him.
Old 12-28-2008   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't take him too early. I'd use a flyer on him late in the draft though.

Think about the only way he can make an NFL roster... at QB or WR. I don't see him making this team as a WR- not behind AJ, KW, AD, DA and JJ. As far as QB goes, do you think Kubes would be comfortable with him coming in as a rookie being the 2nd QB or maybe 3rd if we keep 3?

I would LOVE to see him on this team but I would not tie up a valuable roster spot and wouldn't spend a high draft pick on him that could go to a starter.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

character is off the charts with package of skills on the field similar to Vick, yet not a Kubiak type of QB. I wouldn't mind taking a QB later if Rick could create some extra picks. otherwise the QB who intriques me the most is Kansas State Josh Freeman, 6-6 250. a third for him would be a calculated risk but his upside is so great I'd do it & move Sage to aquire that 3rd if its still out there?
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #7
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
character is off the charts with package of skills on the field similar to Vick, yet not a Kubiak type of QB. I wouldn't mind taking a QB later if Rick could create some extra picks. otherwise the QB who intriques me the most is Kansas State Josh Freeman, 6-6 250. a third for him would be a calculated risk but his upside is so great I'd do it & move Sage to aquire that 3rd if its still out there?
Freeman is in most people's top 5 QBs

You really think he'll be there in the thrid?
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2008   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't think you'll see Pat White coming off the board in the third probably a bit later someone could take him and use him similar to Randle-El. Size at 6'1" hurts his stock as a starter.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Don't think you'll see Pat White coming off the board in the third probably a bit later someone could take him and use him similar to Randle-El. Size at 6'1" hurts his stock as a starter.
Erick Crouch wasn't a bad athlete either. He couldn't transition. I like Chase Daniels late not as the #2 Qb , but to be a back up Rb and have someone in the pipeline in '09 when they have to make the call on Matty. Read cheap play maker. Daniels is 220. Not a small guy at all. I thought Freeman was a Junior ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=192029

http://www.joshfreemanfans.org/

Point taken though beerlover.
Old 12-28-2008   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Lost a lot of respect for you Beerlover.
Old 12-28-2008   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If we're going to "develop" a QB, I hope we get someone with some armstrength. As good as Schaub is starting to look, his lack of armstrength is becoming more and more apparent.

Andre would lead the league in TDs, if Schaub could get the ball over his head.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read