Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Austin Texans fans Christmas present from FOX? No Texans - but plenty of David Carr

Rasputin

Mystic
Sports coverage from the local TV stations in Austin is amatuerish and about as minor league as it gets. It's laughable.

This one makes no sense. The Texan-Bears game has playoff implications, so they can't say it's meaningless. Giants-Vikings with the Giants resting for the playoffs?

I've registered my complaint with FOX on this one...I know it doesn't result in change, but I feel that they need to know that we Texan fans do exist in this city and that there are consequences to continually poking a stick in our eyes. I've been a regular viewer of their weekday morning news programing...I'll now be making a switch to KXAN.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
Sweet, thanks for nothing Fox, I will add you to my list.......damn that thing is getting long...that goodness I get to go the game this week.

How can they think ratings will be higher for this game? It makes no sense. There has to be more people interested in the Texans game than the Giants. I'm once again at a loss to understand the idiots at these local stations. I may just end up going into work and not watching any NFL. Thanks Fox. You suck just like KEYE.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
LOL, I can live with this decision though I would like to see the last Texans game.

All the games on Sunday on TV here in Austin do have playoff implications and will be fun to watch.

I don't mean to question any of you guys on here but why don't you guys get directv and get the NFL package? It is worth every penny and I only get to watch it half the season since I'm in the games when the Texans are @ home.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Yep, the freaking Texans look out for us silly Austinites God Bless 'em. I have two Texans sweatshirts, two Texans sweater pants, don't go to games, and I put more into the cause than the Texans do. Pony up Tailgaiters, Bob loves ya.

DiehardChris

You betcha!
I don't mean to question any of you guys on here but why don't you guys get directv and get the NFL package? It is worth every penny and I only get to watch it half the season since I'm in the games when the Texans are @ home.
I live in an apartment and my porch doesn't face the right direction. Otherwise I would have gotten it a long, long time ago.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
I had it last year.....the wife doesn't like the price tag. I just go out to the wing bar when they are not on locally, which is way too often. That's the most upsetting part. I don't mind going out to the sports bar to watch them every now and then, but since we are only 180 miles or so from Reliant, it should be a given that they are shown here. We should not have to pay the extra duckets.

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
Maybe after we win 13 Super Bowls we'll get coverage here. So............is there any watch party going on in Austin? I'll probably go to either Pluckers on S. Lamar or the dreaded Warehouse on Ben White, although the later will be filled with those oh so nice Bears fans. Of course taunting them may be fun also.

Last edited:

Mean Machine

Waterboy
I am so sick of the total lack of regard that both Austin Fox and CBS affiliates show for the Texans and Texan Fans living in the Austin area.

I got the NFL ticket on Direct TV, but it is still way wrong. I was wonderign the other day, do you think there is some 'payola' going on with the GM's at these local stations and one sick SOB who owns a certain 9-7 team in Arlington, TX?

THink about it, Jones wants all fo Texas to be cowboy lovers, so how better to keep Centex to your selves with some back door $$$. Do any of you put it past him for such shenanigans? I sure don't. Will we ever know the truth, probably not, but this past weekend's decision reeks of some really fishy goings on.

What to do as fans, continue to bombard the stations and more importantly, their sponsors on the 6pm and 10pm news broadcast. Tell them straight up, I will not use your product or go to your store due to your sponsor ship of keye news. The word will get back very quickly to the powers at be, believe me.

It just takes a few folks to get fired up and do somethign about it. If this crud keeps happening in 2009, get started early and changes can and will happen, unless Jones ups his ante.

Happy New Year!

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Man, I hate hearing that my fellow Texans fans are being blocked out from seeing our team every week. That just blows.