Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2008   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Morlon Greenwood vs. Oakland

I was in Louisiana and had to watch the game in a bar. So I missed a lot of stuff. Also, since it wasn't on in my home in Austin, I don't get the DVR replay. Please help me:

Before I blindly blame that disgusting defensive display totally on Richard Smith, it sure looked like Greenwood was playing really poorly. Could some of you give me some feedback on his play against Oakland- possibly compared to what we've seen from Adibi and Bentley for that matter?

thanks.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Morlon Greenwood vs. Oakland

Dude. I really enjoy your
breakdowns of the games.
I suggest you go get this service:

http://www.nfl.com/gamerewind

It is every game in the NFL
streamed in HD quality.

You don't even need mega
speed to use it.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I was in Louisiana and had to watch the game in a bar. So I missed a lot of stuff. Also, since it wasn't on in my home in Austin, I don't get the DVR replay. Please help me:

Before I blindly blame that disgusting defensive display totally on Richard Smith, it sure looked like Greenwood was playing really poorly. Could some of you give me some feedback on his play against Oakland- possibly compared to what we've seen from Adibi and Bentley for that matter?

thanks.
I don't remember seeing a linebacker play that poorly. I hope he was injured, because if that's him at 100%, his best hope right now is to work on that rapping career.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
breakdowns of the games.

streamed in HD quality.

You don't even need mega
speed to use it.
hey do they show games live?? or just after the game is over?? just curious i cant get it anyways since im in canada and it is for u americans only
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #5
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

For you Canadians, they stream the games live in video. For
us Americans, we have to wait and they let us stream every
game after they are over.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
breakdowns of the games.

streamed in HD quality.

You don't even need mega
speed to use it.

Dexman,

Thanks... I signed up for it. It's awesome!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I don't remember seeing a linebacker play that poorly. I hope he was injured, because if that's him at 100%, his best hope right now is to work on that rapping career.
i think that pretty much sums it up.
Old 12-26-2008   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

thanks.
He played horrible. He would over-run gaps on occasion and never seemed to be in the right place. It was like he was too timid and second guessing himself. He also tripped and fell from a offensive lineman already on the ground which took him out of a play. It was atrocious.
Old 12-26-2008   #9
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 23 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
He played horrible. He would over-run gaps on occasion and never seemed to be in the right place. It was like he was too timid and second guessing himself. He also tripped and fell from a offensive lineman already on the ground which took him out of a play. It was atrocious.
But I would argue that the game was lost on a few plays: (1) and most obvious was the punt return no coverage (2) Dunta overran on coverage on third down that allowed the Raiders to get the second passing touchdown, as the ball was underthrown and he ran right past the receiver. If they just knock the ball down the Raiders had fourth and a long field goal attempt or punt and (3) O line not opening holes / Slaton slipping in the slop / Slaton running into the back of his linemen. I know Steve is supposed to follow his blockers, but there were a couple of times where a bounce outside would have yielded big yardage.

As I watched the game on DVR, I realized that the Texans' quickness was taken away by the sloppy conditions. They had receivers slipping on cuts and therefore missing routes, guys afraid to cut for fear of falling, and linemen unable to get a push.

Greenwood missed a few plays but the same could be said for a lot of guys. Mario had one where he couldn't shed his blocker and arm waived at McFadden, who then ran for a first down (and another third down converted for the Raiders). I think it's obvious that we are better with Adibi in place of Greenwood, but I don't think Greenwood caused us to lose.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloglennTX View Post
As I watched the game on DVR, I realized that the Texans' quickness was taken away by the sloppy conditions. They had receivers slipping on cuts and therefore missing routes, guys afraid to cut for fear of falling, and linemen unable to get a push.
That's it, the equipment manager must be fired. Where's a bar of pink soap?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read