Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-23-2008   #1
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Raider (Fan) Hater....No More

I have to tell you. I took CC Me up on visiting them at their tailgate party before the game. I will say without any hesitation that this group of fans were the most hospitable bunch that I have ever been around. Here is a Texan (me) wearing my red, I'm a Texan t-shirt, cap, windbreaker and these people welcomed me and my family with open arms.(Maybe because one of my stepsons is a Raider fan.)

I think that we drank them out of beer and tequilla! It was raining just a little bit, but we had an absolute ball. As far as this Texan is concerned, I have life long friends here. We will do it again!

Any of you who know these folks, and there are some of you because they partied with you in our parking lot, say Hi to them. If I didn't know better, I think that they could make great Texan fans!

When I met them and shook their hands, I told them...."There 2 kinds of people. Texans, and those who want to be Texans!" They promptly stuck a Coors Light in my hand and we chased it with Petrone! My kind of folks.
Old 12-23-2008   #2
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer
Default Re: Raider (Fan) Hater....No More

I absolutely concur. The Raider fans were great to hang out with. I spent the morning with "Kingsford Kirk", "Barbeque Bob", etc. They and everyone else in their crew welcomed me like I was one of their own. RIDICULOUS barbecue and great company. I have some nice pics from the day and will post later, as this deserves its own thread. If you ever get the chance to go to a Raiders game, I definitely recommend doing so....it is quite an experience!
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that Joe has always said that they treat him well whenever he was there. And CC_Me has always been a good poster and never a troll...
Old 12-23-2008   #4
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Raider fans go up and down. The worst sit in the 'cheap seats' and get drunk 4 hours before the game.

They make a mean tailgate though ...

I was at the Chiefs game and they had these things that looked like thick pieces of bacon but were some form of tri-tip ... I was like Homer when he had the Ribwich ....

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #5
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 52 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
I have to tell you. I took CC Me up on visiting them at their tailgate party before the game. I will say without any hesitation that this group of fans were the most hospitable bunch that I have ever been around. Here is a Texan (me) wearing my red, I'm a Texan t-shirt, cap, windbreaker and these people welcomed me and my family with open arms.(Maybe because one of my stepsons is a Raider fan.)

I think that we drank them out of beer and tequilla! It was raining just a little bit, but we had an absolute ball. As far as this Texan is concerned, I have life long friends here. We will do it again!

Any of you who know these folks, and there are some of you because they partied with you in our parking lot, say Hi to them. If I didn't know better, I think that they could make great Texan fans!

When I met them and shook their hands, I told them...."There 2 kinds of people. Texans, and those who want to be Texans!" They promptly stuck a Coors Light in my hand and we chased it with Petrone! My kind of folks.
Awwww, shucks. It was good to meet you and your family. And fun!! Maybe you and my boys can kill a duck or 5 someday. Goodtimes.

God, I love football! Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-24-2008   #6
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

"Hate the team, not the fans.....unless it is a Dallas fan" is my motto.

The Raiders have some great fans. I wish some of the recent games would have been played here so some of them would have come back.

CC, Kitta, Raider Ron, Spike, (there were many others to visit us). The one I would have loved to get to know was Hardcore (RIP).

CC always says that Raider fans get a bad rap but we all know they have some of the best fans in the NFl. Nothing but respect comes from the Blue Crew tailgate.

I am glad you had a great time Mike. I am not surprised.
Old 12-25-2008   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea it is great to hear of others experiencing what I discovered, Raider Fans Rock. Glad you had a great time and look to see ya next time we play there.
Old 12-26-2008   #8
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Yea it is great to hear of others experiencing what I discovered, Raider Fans Rock. Glad you had a great time and look to see ya next time we play there.
I'll definately go barring any unforseen circumstances. When we get close to game day, I'll P/M you and we can hook up.
Old 12-26-2008   #9
DiapHer
GO BIG RED!!!

Rep Power: 292 DiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respectedDiapHer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
I'll definately go barring any unforseen circumstances. When we get close to game day, I'll P/M you and we can hook up.

We want to see pictures from the game...
Old 12-28-2008   #10
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapHer View Post
We want to see pictures from the game...
For whatever reason, I didn't take a camera this time. I will next time. Afterall, the pics that I would have taken would be more fitting in an obituary column except for a few bright spots.
Old 12-28-2008   #11
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Raider fans go up and down. The worst sit in the 'cheap seats' and get drunk 4 hours before the game.

They make a mean tailgate though ...

I was at the Chiefs game and they had these things that looked like thick pieces of bacon but were some form of tri-tip ... I was like Homer when he had the Ribwich ....
If you are talking about tri-tip then you are talking about Picanha. It is huge here in Brasil and also in California. I finally found a supplier up in Conroe that can get some for me. When I get back next month I plan to get some and have a large BBQ.
Here is a picture of it precooked. When it cooks up, the shape changes to almost a "C". Soak it in salt water overnight and it is awesome!

Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #12
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

another good win for the Raiders today. Looks like with the right draft and FA pick ups they could have a decent team. And Bush should be the starter.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #13
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
another good win for the Raiders today. Looks like with the right draft and FA pick ups they could have a decent team. And Bush should be the starter.
Yes, Bush should be the starter. McFadden looks like the other Bush. The overhyped one.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
A lot of folks underestimated the Raiders IMO. Of course the Raiders helped out that opinion with some REALLY crapy play, but as they have shown on occasion by beating some play off level teams and us, they aren't nearly as bad as they have looked like. However, they are in total disarray at the coaching and management levels.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #15
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Yes, Bush should be the starter. McFadden looks like the other Bush. The overhyped one.
there was talk on here awhile ago of trading for Bush as well, now I think that would be a great idea
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #16
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I still hate the Raiders, by the way.

We get them at home next season.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read