Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

View Poll Results: Has the Economy hit our seats?
We get it in the shorts (big increase in seats) 1 3.57%
Bob has to eat too (small increase in seats) 11 39.29%
Jerry Jones sucks (just because, or no increase in seats) 12 42.86%
Geez, I can BBQ in my driveway! (large increase in parking across the board) 2 7.14%
Ha ha Blue Crew! j/k (large increase in parking in premium areas) 1 3.57%
I'll just party in the lot (small increase in parking across the board) 4 14.29%
Status quo! (no increase in parking across the board) 8 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2008   #1
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Has the Economy hit our seats?

Whether you believe or not, the economy is tanking and NFL seats are not a necessity. Will we go .500 or not, who (but Sunday) knows.

Will Bob raise the price of seats at Reliant, and what happens to our parking passes?
Don't just vote, post your .02 too.

Last edited by FILO_girl; 12-23-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Dammit Bill LOL!!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Has the Economy hit our seats?

8. Yeah Bob will raise prices slightly. Electrical transformers don't come cheap.
Old 12-23-2008   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

The economy had hit my seat. Especially in the wallet area.

Do you hear that, Bob?
Old 12-23-2008   #4
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is something wrong with the economy?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #5
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
8. Yeah Bob will raise prices slightly. Electrical transformers don't come cheap.
Thanks alot Filo!

I believe in my heart the Jerra Jones does Suck
Old 12-23-2008   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that gets me is if they raise the ticket prices again, I just want to see a better product on the field. Will it keep me from renewing my tickets, heck no. I am not too worried about the possible increase in prices, thats the way of the land now days, as it is what it is, and I will pony out for them. To me, it is all disposable income, and well, I prefer to use some of my disposable money on those. I value the friends we have made out in the lots and in our seats to concern myself over an extra $50 a season...
And if the team ever starts going back to the 2-14 days, I'll be hanging out in the lots tailgating and donate my tickets to charity...

That's my $.02
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Small increase in seats and parking stays the same.

If they increase parking, I want an explanation of what I'm getting that's better than the current setup. (The yellow shirts don't have a union that demands pay increases like the players.)
Old 12-23-2008   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Parking price increases annoy me. The maintenance on the pavement hasn't gone up, and they don't pay any more attendants than they did before the parking price increases.

I say ticket prices will rise again, because he really has no reason not to raise them. People keep buying. Hell, I managed to sell my PSLs and season tickets after the Rosencopter debacle. That's an indicator.
Old 12-23-2008   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Great poll!! I had to go with the Jerry Jones sucks, no increase in prices. Those two tied in so nicely together. Of course the Cowgirl fans will be seeing a nice healthy increase in prices to go with their new stadium.
Old 12-23-2008   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think prices go up. They have every year for me, even during 2-14, so I see no reason(s) why they wouldn't go up next year.
Old 12-23-2008   #11
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

The smart thing would be no increase. Prices go up but nothing changes.

Raising parking would be an insult to the faithful.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I chose Jerry Jones sucks because he does. As to the price increase - I'm hoping they stay the same. Other teams (jags, vikings, etc) have already announced they won't increase their prices and even though Bob has to pay for a roof - surely insurance covers quite a bit of that. I expect a huge increase if and when we make the playoffs. Hopefully, Bob expects that next season and will just bite the football bullet this year.

In case someone in charge is reading - go up much more and this season ticket holder won't be.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #13
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

I too voted for Jerra Jones just because he does suck!

Obviously, I don't have season tix. The commute is too hard on this old body.

You can bet on an increase.
Old 12-25-2008   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Jones sucks...no increase in parking for sure.

Maybe a slight increase in tickets.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #15
IMA TEXAN
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 IMA TEXAN could be on the next Madden coverIMA TEXAN could be on the next Madden coverIMA TEXAN could be on the next Madden coverIMA TEXAN could be on the next Madden coverIMA TEXAN could be on the next Madden coverIMA TEXAN could be on the next Madden coverIMA TEXAN could be on the next Madden cover

Of course I voted for the absolute truth - Jerry sucks. Bud sucks too.

As to the tickets prices - I think a small increase in ticket prices and no increase in parking prices. All the parking increased by $5 last year. Even though there was lots of crying about it last year that was the first increase for most of the lots (I think Blue was whacked for $5 a few years ago - and Platinum well they're "special"). $5 in seven years isn't that bad - (better than if they creeped it by $1 a year). As to the "asphalt maintenance is the same" actually any repair work was more expensive in 2008 than 2002. (The economy may change that for 2009). Even if there are no more Parking Lot Attendants they might have gotten a cost of living raise or two in seven years.
IMA TEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #16
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Posted on HT.com on 1/18/08: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4150
The Houston Texans announced their ticket prices for the 2008 season today.

The Texans’ average ticket price in 2008 will be $64.94 per ticket, which is up from $60.66 in 2007. The NFL’s average ticket price in 2007 was $68.33. Prices on more than 8,600 seats will remain unchanged in 2008.

Parking will be increased $5 for each lot, which is the first increase since 2002 for most parking lots. Given the Texans’ ticket price increase (7.05%) versus the league average in 2007 (7.11%), it is anticipated that the Texans will once again be in the bottom third of the NFL in ticket prices.

The Houston Texans celebrated their 60th consecutive sellout at Reliant Stadium against the Jacksonville Jaguars on the last game of the 2007 season, a Houston NFL record. Also, six consecutive seasons is the longest sellout streak of any professional sports team in Houston history. In addition, the Texans have a very attractive 2008 home schedule where they host Baltimore, Cincinnati, Miami, Chicago and Detroit in addition to their divisional rivals.

The Texans are currently accepting applications for the 2008 season ticket priority wait list. To join the Houston Texans' priority wait list, call 866-GOTEXANS.

The Texans’ average ticket price in 2008 will be $64.94 per ticket, which is up from $60.66 in 2007. The NFL’s average ticket price in 2007 was $68.33. Prices on more than 8,600 seats will remain unchanged in 2008.

Parking will be increased $5 for each lot, which is the first increase since 2002 for most parking lots. Given the Texans’ ticket price increase (7.05%) versus the league average in 2007 (7.11%), it is anticipated that the Texans will once again be in the bottom third of the NFL in ticket prices.

The Houston Texans celebrated their 60th consecutive sellout at Reliant Stadium against the Jacksonville Jaguars on the last game of the 2007 season, a Houston NFL record. Also, six consecutive seasons is the longest sellout streak of any professional sports team in Houston history. In addition, the Texans have a very attractive 2008 home schedule where they host Baltimore, Cincinnati, Miami, Chicago and Detroit in addition to their divisional rivals.

The Texans are currently accepting applications for the 2008 season ticket priority wait list. To join the Houston Texans' priority wait list, call 866-GOTEXANS

The Texans are currently accepting applications for the 2008 season ticket priority wait list. To join the Houston Texans' priority wait list, call 866-GOTEXANS

Houston Texans 2008 Ticket Prices

Sections 2007 2008 Change

106-107, 126-127

$89.00

$99.00

$10.00

104-105, 108-109, 124-125, 128-129

$89.00

$95.00

$6.00

102-103, 110-111, 122-123, 130-131

$78.00

$86.00

$8.00

101, 112-114, 119-121, 132-134, 139-140

$66.00

$70.00

$4.00

115-118, 135-138

$56.00

$60.00

$4.00

505-511, 531-537

$72.00

$77.00

$5.00

501-504, 512-515, 527-530, 538-541

$61.00

$65.00

$4.00

607-610, 633-636

$55.00

$56.00

$1.00

319-328, 347-356

$61.00

$65.00

$4.00

601-606, 611-616, 627-632, 637-642

$46.00

$46.00

$0.00

516-526, 542-552

$46.00

$50.00

$4.00

617-626, 643-652

$34.00

$35.00

$1.00

743-752

$30.00
$30.00

$0.00

I hope the prices are the same, but doubt it. This will be our benchmark.

Last edited by FILO_girl; 01-02-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add link addy
Old 01-02-2009   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Has the Economy hit our seats?

Nevermind. I can't do math.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009   #18
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Gotta read Dante's thread.
Yes Joe Texan, there is Bob McNair and he RAISED ALL THE RENT!
Old 01-19-2009   #19
FILOMAN
Gridiron, Tx

Rep Power: 0 FILOMAN is on the Pro-Bowl ballotFILOMAN is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
Posted on HT.com on 1/18/08: http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4150

Houston Texans 2008 Ticket Prices

Sections 2007 2008 Change

106-107, 126-127

$89.00

$99.00

$10.00

104-105, 108-109, 124-125, 128-129

$89.00

$95.00

$6.00

102-103, 110-111, 122-123, 130-131

$78.00

$86.00

$8.00

101, 112-114, 119-121, 132-134, 139-140

$66.00

$70.00

$4.00

115-118, 135-138

$56.00

$60.00

$4.00

505-511, 531-537

$72.00

$77.00

$5.00

501-504, 512-515, 527-530, 538-541

$61.00

$65.00

$4.00

607-610, 633-636

$55.00

$56.00

$1.00

319-328, 347-356

$61.00

$65.00

$4.00

601-606, 611-616, 627-632, 637-642

$46.00

$46.00

$0.00

516-526, 542-552

$46.00

$50.00

$4.00

617-626, 643-652

$34.00

$35.00

$1.00

743-752

$30.00
$30.00

$0.00

I hope the prices are the same, but doubt it. This will be our benchmark.
Well hopefully with the EXTRA Mr. Bob is getting from US he will use for a good cause. Big name FA ie. Julius Peppers or Terrell Suggs and that will lead us to this.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read