Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-22-2008   #1
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler
Default Texans Not Shown on MNF Highlights

Did you watch MNF tonight? If so, did you notice in the year-end highlight package at the end of the game that they DID NOT show ANY shots of the Texans! Jerry, Tony, and T.O. were shown MULTIPLE times. But nothing of Andre, Slaton, or Mario. Once again we are SNUBBED! I just finished sending ESPN a complaint. (I know they don't care, but at least I sent it).
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Not Shown on MNF Highlights

Yep. I saw it and I was just like "WTF?!" when none of our highlights were shown. Not even one. Hell, they showed a Browns highlight, but not Texans. They went over and over with the Cowboys though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #3
atxlaurie
Rookie

I totally thought WTF too! But, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Austin barely shows any Texans games on TV(they're all about the Tenn VY's and cowgurls) and nobody cares but a hand full of Texans loyalists here. I guess until we start winning consistently there'll be no love tossed our way.
Old 12-22-2008   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Our they going to show the Texans vs CHI game here in houston

i dont know what time dallas comes on nor do i care (only watch it to see them loss :P ) but they should show the game

on KHOU 11 right or will it be on at FOX

because i didnt feel like going to our last home game
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Our they going to show the Texans vs CHI game here in houston

i dont know what time dallas comes on nor do i care (only watch it to see them loss :P ) but they should show the game

on KHOU 11 right or will it be on at FOX

because i didnt feel like going to our last home game
Huh?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it too but am not surprised. I also noticed a feeling in the booth that this week's Bears game vs Houston was a given.
Old 12-22-2008   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Huh?

are they going to show the Houston texans game on TV this WEEK ??????!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2008   #8
atxlaurie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I saw it too but am not surprised. I also noticed a feeling in the booth that this week's Bears game vs Houston was a given.
I thought that too. It was as if the upcoming game was just an after thought and all the Bears needed were the losses from the other NFC teams since the Texans game was in the bag.
Old 12-22-2008   #9
atxlaurie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
are they going to show the Houston texans game on TV this WEEK ??????!!!!!!!!!
Don't know. I'm in Austin.
Old 12-23-2008   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching them lay that turd of a game in Oakland this past weekend I'd consider it a small favor that they didn't show any Texans highlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
If they play the Texans team that went to Oakland I'd say it probably is a given.
Old 12-23-2008   #11
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Huh?
Exactly what I was going to post.

Are you asking are they going to show the game in Houston this week?

Of course! Are you kidding!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxlaurie View Post
Did you watch MNF tonight? If so, did you notice in the year-end highlight package at the end of the game that they DID NOT show ANY shots of the Texans! Jerry, Tony, and T.O. were shown MULTIPLE times. But nothing of Andre, Slaton, or Mario. Once again we are SNUBBED! I just finished sending ESPN a complaint. (I know they don't care, but at least I sent it).
Actually, they did show something. They showed a quick blip of AJ reaching across the goal line. I'm positive I saw it cuz it's hard to miss the all Battle Red uni's.

Anywho, who give's a frog's fat ass anyways? Geez, some people get all twisted over the most trivial things.
Old 12-23-2008   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Actually, they did show something. They showed a quick blip of AJ reaching across the goal line. I'm positive I saw it cuz it's hard to miss the all Battle Red uni's.

Anywho, who give's a frog's fat ass anyways? Geez, some people get all twisted over the most trivial things.
I know Frog is a cowgurls fan, but really.. you need to leave him out of it.
Old 12-23-2008   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I saw that same montage including AJ as well, but cannot recall when I saw it - during or after the game. Either way, it is a highlight package and the Texans do not move units nationally, I certainly would not include them just yet.
Old 12-23-2008   #15
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

You mean to tell me that a prime-time audience didn't get to see just how badly we crapped the bed on Sunday--and someone's pissed about it?!? Did you want to see Johnnie Lee Whomever torch us again? Did you want to see that putrid fourth-down play one more time? I'm no fan of ESPN, but I'm glad they chose not to inflict that abortion of an effort on the rest of the world. For our sake and for the world's sake.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
You mean to tell me that a prime-time audience didn't get to see just how badly we crapped the bed on Sunday--and someone's pissed about it?!? Did you want to see Johnnie Lee Whomever torch us again? Did you want to see that putrid fourth-down play one more time? I'm no fan of ESPN, but I'm glad they chose not to inflict that abortion of an effort on the rest of the world. For our sake and for the world's sake.
It was a montage of all the Monday Night Football games this season, not Sunday's highlights.
Old 12-23-2008   #17
BuffaloglennTX
Rookie

Rep Power: 23 BuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performerBuffaloglennTX is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxlaurie View Post

Um, they showed Andre making a catch for a TD, Slaton running the ball, and Mario flexing his arms. The Texans were not snubbed, and the fact that they showed more shots of other teams' players (mainly teams who are playoff bound) does not bother me. We've got to earn it by making the playoffs and not stinking it up in Oakland.
BuffaloglennTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #18
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was a montage of all the Monday Night Football games this season, not Sunday's highlights.
Whoops. Ignore rant from above, then. But I still think it's a little silly to get exercised about a highlight package.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #19
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
Whoops. Ignore rant from above, then. But I still think it's a little silly to get exercised about a highlight package.
If our MNF game was the only one snubbed, it'd be worth a mention.

...and for the guy who keeps asking about this week's Bears game...it'll be televised on Fox.
Old 12-23-2008   #20
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who care if they do not show the Texans it is BSPN isn't it

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read