Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: The Texans are set at.......
Head Coach 45 53.57%
Asst Coaching Staff 1 1.19%
QBs 36 42.86%
RBs 12 14.29%
Receiving Corps (incl TE) 80 95.24%
O-Line 8 9.52%
D-Line 5 5.95%
LB corps 8 9.52%
Secondary 2 2.38%
Special Teams 28 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Texans are set at...

I got this idea from clutchfans and thought it would be good to put up a vote here....

I think we are set at QB,WR's, and TE's and we could use more players at the other positions. We have our RB in Slaton but we need more depth and maybe a short yardage back. We need help up front on offense and defense. The linebacking corps looked good when Adibi was in there but we still need quality depth. Our secondary definitely needs help and obviously we need a better Defensive Coordinator, I would prefer a aggressive playcaller.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 12-22-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Texans are set at...

R Corps.
Old 12-22-2008   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I was going to put yes for Assistant Coach (Alex Gibbs), but then read it was for staff which includes Richard Smith (DC) and vouched a hell no.

Wide receiver is the only set position at all right now. Everything else on the defensive side needs a complete turnaround. First three picks and quality FA are needed on the defense.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for head coach and the reciving corps. I like Kubiak, but not necessarly his (choice) of asst. coachs.

Other than the recievers, there isn't a postion on the team that couldn't use improvement.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #5
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I voted for head coach and the reciving corps. I like Kubiak, but not necessarly his (choice) of asst. coachs.

Other than the recievers, there isn't a postion on the team that couldn't use improvement.
Pretty much sums up my feelings too.

With Adibi and Diles back...poss. LB corps - but I'd like to see it in action before assuming anything.
Old 12-22-2008   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

where is the "set to have ticket prices raised" option?

That is about the only thing we are set for.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #7
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Needs:
New Def Co.
Backup QB
Short yardage back
OL
DE
CB
PR

just off the top of my head
Old 12-22-2008   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Pretty much sums up my feelings too.

With Adibi and Diles back...poss. LB corps - but I'd like to see it in action before assuming anything.
I think Schaub is here to stay whether we all like it or not, but that being the case, I think we should be shopping around for a better backup. I used to be a huge Sage supporter, but not anymore.

We need a big bone crusher at RB. Frankly, I don't see why, at least for now, we just don't line up a good blocker at HB and let Leech have a go at RB in short yardage situations. If we had a big bruser to play with Slaton and Leech, we'd be set at RBs.

Old 12-23-2008   #9
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Fire Richard Smith >=/
Old 12-23-2008   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I went with receivers. If we could get a decent reciever in the layer rounds, that would be OK I guess. In about 3 more years though, we may need to move that up the priority list. I just want Richard Smith gone, that would be the least set at position IMO.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Needs:
New Def Co.
Backup QB
Short yardage back
OL
DE
CB
PR

just off the top of my head
You forgot a true FS......something this franchise has NEVER HAD.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #12
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

The only position I feel comfortable with saying we're set at is WR. RB is okay but, we need more depth. Special teams also seem to be solid.

I'm shaky on QB, OL, DL, Gen Mgr, & Head Coach.

I'm not comfortable with Asst Coaches, LB & Secondary although we've improved our LB and Secondary play the 2nd half of this season.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #13
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe the two most important areas in football are the Offensive & Defensive lines.

The Texans are almost there in those two aspects.Change nothing else but the weak links on the lines & every other area of the team will benefit.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
I believe the two most important areas in football are the Offensive & Defensive lines.

The Texans are almost there in those two aspects.Change nothing else but the weak links on the lines & every other area of the team will benefit.
Save Mario, our D line is all a weak link.
Old 12-24-2008   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:

I completely agree. I've always been one to want 1st round draft choices to always be linemen, of whichever flavor your team needs the most. If you always draft linemen in the first round forever, you will have a team that will push others around.

Old 12-24-2008   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Agreed! Sadly, our starting Dline is probably one of the highest paid, yet one that is consistantly in the bottom half of the League in production. THAT pisses me off even more. Buggers!
Old 12-24-2008   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Agreed! Sadly, our starting Dline is probably one of the highest paid, yet one that is consistantly in the bottom half of the League in production. THAT pisses me off even more. Buggers!
Clear Weaver out and the only highly paid starter by NFL standards is Mario.
Old 12-24-2008   #18
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Okoye?

I admit I've only seen our two games this year & I know he's been out but he loked great as a rookie.

Surely you haven't given up on him Bill.
Old 12-24-2008   #19
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okoye?

I admit I've only seen our two games this year & I know he's been out but he loked great as a rookie.

Surely you haven't given up on him Bill.

Okoye will be fine in time. It's that #99 playing next to him that has me hoping for a trade or waive.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #20
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Okoye will be fine in time. It's that #99 playing next to him that has me hoping for a trade or waive.
If your set at 50% of your D line even finding only one more starter can make a huge difference.Sometimes the guys that you have but weren't the answer as starters can also make a a bigger contribution in rotation as subs.

I can't believe there wasn't a scramble to get Shaun Rogers when the Lions put him up for trade. A 3rd & a 5th round pick was peanuts for a DT of his quality.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read